Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing around Courtown

Options
  • 15-09-2010 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Does anyone know what surfing is like around Courtown or anywhere in that area in Wexford? Would it be worth it to get a board for the occasional weekend use? Only starting out so not looking for gigantic waves, just enough to have fun on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

Courtown only has wave once or twice a year, Mageramore near wicklow is much more consisant for surf or Traaaaaamore is more consistant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 soarinjoe

there are one or two spots that i know work in wexford when the swell is south-ish and the wind west-ish. Surfed everyday last week in wexford. granted most of it was very small but, we did have one day the was really nice. just down the road from me so it's worth my while.
    Tramore is probably only 40minutes further drive than the spots I know with the new road open. more chance of something surf-able there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SnowSurfer

I agree about tramore, I learned to surf there it's pretty beginner-friendly! Also, I heard that you can get waves in wexford at certain times of the day due to the wake from cargo ships passing by haha!

Tramore has places you can rent soft boards for starting out, and has some pretty good surf schools. After that, if you have caught the addiction (or should I say when), it would be well worth it to buy your own board, and definately worth it to make a few day/weekend trips to cork or kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

I done some surfing in Tramore before thats what actually got me into it. Ill buy my own board rather than renting one each time, hopefully ill head out a few times during the winter. Any board recomendations for starting out, have looked online but not physically been in a shop yet. Just dont want a softbaoard.

Advertisement