Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half cooked food from chipper & abuse from Manager!?

Options
  • 15-09-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi All,
    We ordered a chipper a while ago from Borza in bluebell. Delivery came fast enough, shared everything out only to find that the chicken and sausages were only half cooked! The 3 children one after the other put it in the bin, after going to examine it i found it was half cooked. Myself & my hubby ordered 2 chips and a tub of curry sauce & the chips were full of salt & vinager. My hubby rang up the chipper & told them the problem & was told to FO you junkie! OMG, how rude! My husband has a speech impediment and is very upset at this point! Can someone please point me in the right direction, i still have the food. Thank you all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Can you drive over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭xTanyax

Yes i could but would rather not after the abuse the manager gave! She was chinese not that it matters though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Well then you will go hungry, I am not sure if you can get any redress here to be honest.

Thanks for your help Lux. I didn't know where else to post this. No i dont want anything else to eat at this point TBH! I am just so mad at the abuse that the manager gave to my husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Take pictures of it all and then report them to the food safety assocation.
    They will send health inspectors out.

http://www.fsai.ie/make_a_complaint/online_complaint.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

That is absolutely disgraceful, not only the food being undercooked but for the Manager to speak to your Husband like that is unacceptable.. I would have to go over there, I wouldn't be able to control myself :(

Well listening to her attitude on the phone i think it would be pointless going over. I have to say i don't know what's upsetting me more, the undercooked food or the abuse she gave to my husband!:mad: I have taken photo's of the food as Thaedydal suggested and i am going to upload them to the food safety assocation now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

To be honest, I'd go down and make a complaint in person, if there's customers there the manager won't be wanting complaints voiced in public and will probably apologize and give you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scifi77

We all have off days but if this is as you've described, then perhaps by highlighting the issue, others will not be treated as you have been.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

To be honest, I'd go down and make a complaint in person, if there's customers there the manager won't be wanting complaints voiced in public and will probably apologize and give you a refund.

Exactly, she got off lightly by dealing with you over the phone, I'd wait til the place was jammers and go in armed with the offending 'food' and confront her.. and bring your husband so she can see who she called a "junkie" face to face.. She sounds like a right G€€bag :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If she really did say that to your husband without provocation, I'd definitely go down there and kick up a stink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

1. Go down and voice your complaint in person.
    2. Contact the FSAI and make a formal complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Ring at a different to time when you called last night and ask for the name and contact details of the owner and call them directly. I bet they wouldn't be too thrilled to learn how they lost the custom of a family of five thanks to the antics of their manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

http://www.itica.ie/

Report them to the above aswell. Check and see if they are members, I know a few Borza beanches are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Borza Takeaway is a chain of takeaways.

If you are not happy talking with the Bluebell Manager, you could ring one of the other stores (like the one in Ballyfermot 01 623 7152 ) and ask who the overall owner is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Take pictures of it all and then report them to the food safety assocation.
    They will send health inspectors out.

http://www.fsai.ie/make_a_complaint/online_complaint.html

Who is the food safety association?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Who is the food safety association?

they regulate and inspect food outlets to make sure they are up to set standards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The owner is a guy called Bruno.
    The way she acted is shocking. I would have gone down and complained in person. If she acts that way to a few people, she will lose the chipper a tonne of business.

Hi all,

Just a little update, I have followed Thaedydal's advice and contacted the FSAI who will follow it up from here.

I know the Borza in Ballyfermot, never had a complaint with them, food always lovely, service good etc.. My husband actually remembers Bruno too! I'm not too sure if they rented out their name or what because it's Romanians thats running the branch in Bluebell.

I would like to thank everyone here for their advice on the matter & the links provided etc.. Thanks again Boards.ie:)

Advertisement