Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolves - Match Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

You do know he'd done his hamstring and that's why he was subbed, don't you?

apparently they were trying to take him off when the goal went in so its possible that the goal wouldnt have been scored if we had managed to make the sub before that. anyway all is well that ends well

and everdead i dont think anyone deserved man of the match, there was no outstanding candidate. bale maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Undercover wrote: »
    Corluka is hands down a better defender that Hutton, although something's not right with him this season. He can look painfully slow when exposed but he's solid enough most of the time. While Hutton is a valuable asset for these sort of games in terms of him bombing forward he'd be targetted as a weak link by the top sides. Hopefully Walker will fill this position eventually.

Fantastic result today given the circumstances, hopefully it'll give us a lift to kick on in the league. COYS.

spot on. hutton is fine going forward but can't defend. good man to have on the bench for games like yesterday but no way should he a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Did Gallas' tackle look a peno to you McCarthy is the only one who's mentioned it no one else has at all

What I can say is that the Wolves players were generally going down like a SNIPER had shot them and then taking the full length of time for treatment as possible without being stretchered off.

Like I said previous, they came with a game plan. fair play to them but that's something we are gonna have to deal with on a regular basis and break down.

Let's hope Wolves was a lesson learned.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Marcus Hahnemann saves his fury for Match Of The Day's rough edits

Come out fighting: Hahnemann punches under pressure from Peter Crouch

Marcus Hahnemann has turned off Match of the Day because the BBC’s flagship football show edits out his saves and trains its focus on claims that Wolves are too aggressive.
    Goalkeeper Hahnemann was outstanding despite losing 3-1 at Tottenham and he will be pleased to discover the game was given second billing behind Sunderland v Arsenal on Saturday night.

But he fumed: ‘I know how it works, you’ve got Man United with millions of fans throughout the world and they’re gonna get more play than we are, but it seems like every week we’re on last. I never see any saves.’
    MOTD sparked the storm about the physical edge to Mick McCarthy’s team, highlighting a series of tackles against Newcastle, then returning to the subject when they played Fulham and Bobby Zamora broke his leg.
    Hahnemann is certain officials and opponents have been influenced by the debate, pointing to evidence at Spurs, when a late tackle by Jermaine Jenas on Kevin Foley went unpunished.
    ‘We would have got booked for that, guaranteed,’ he snapped.

‘We are portrayed poorly, especially on TV, yet look at the games and we don’t have bad tackles.’
    Hahnemann was jeered by home fans who thought he was slow to take goal-kicks when his team were ahead.

He was also booked for complaining about Roman Pavlyuchenko’s celebration after Spurs’ second goal.

article-0-09DEA65B000005DC-921_468x316.jpg Cutting: The Match Of The Day team have highlighted Wolves' tackling this season

‘The ref was on at me the whole time,’ he said.

‘I don’t know what the actual time limit is, how fast you have to get the ball and sprint back and kick it. It’s an absolute joke.

'Then they go and celebrate for 30 minutes in the corner and I go: "How about them time-wasting?" and he booked me. Typical!’

I didn't know he got booked for that serves him right he should of been booked for time wasting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jaysus he sounds like Wenger...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Was great to get an undeserved win. The fact we played in Europe during the week and got the 3 points on the sat after it is very important. Performance was terrible though.

Is it just me who thinks we need a new left back and quickly - I wouldnt want Bale dropping back but I think Benny is a massive liability. His performances this year have been awful and you never know what he is going to do next. He gives the ball away a lot in dangerous situations and I dont think adds a lot going forward. Also think he is prone to chickening out of situations in the box ala Bremens 1st goal. Maybe I am being overly harsh but I really think he's a disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Was great to get an undeserved win. The fact we played in Europe during the week and got the 3 points on the sat after it is very important. Performance was terrible though.

Is it just me who thinks we need a new left back and quickly - I wouldnt want Bale dropping back but I think Benny is a massive liability. His performances this year have been awful and you never know what he is going to do next. He gives the ball away a lot in dangerous situations and I dont think adds a lot going forward. Also think he is prone to chickening out of situations in the box ala Bremens 1st goal. Maybe I am being overly harsh but I really think he's a disaster waiting to happen.

Agreed, left back needed. He has made too many errors over the last 18 months for me. I criticise Charlie quite a lot, yet Charlie hasn't made anywhere near as many errors as BAE .

As you say, I think Bale is too crucial going forward to push him back one, so I'd keep BAE there till Jan and buy a new LB.

I was never mad about BAE after that Interview he did a while back in relation to why he plays football, certainly aint for the love of the game :rolleyes:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I was never mad about BAE after that Interview he did a while back in relation to why he plays football, certainly aint for the love of the game :rolleyes:

Agree - dont think he endeared himself to many football fans with that comment, fine to think that way but he would have been better keeping it to himself.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Agree - dont think he endeared himself to many football fans with that comment, fine to think that way but he would have been better keeping it to himself.

what about charlie at LB then and hutton on the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

We need 2 new full backs and no way should we ever, ever start Crouch in a home game. Been saying it non stop for 12 months now. We always stuggle when he starts at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

And another point about Hahnemann, he should been banned for cheating.

He had a can of Red Bull in the back of the net that he kept sipping when play was at the other end and as we all know "It gives you wings". An unfair advantage for a goal keeper I would say.

mickman wrote: »

not sure that would work either, charlie is bad enough at times right full so not sure he would work out the left. Suppose I am blinkered by how bad BAE was they moved him to right back when Charlie was out and thinking it might be the same the other way too.

Really dont have an answer but thought Kaboul looked the job at RB till he got injured. Much stronger and more urgency than Charlie and also got forward well too.

mickman wrote: »

No chance. Charlie doesn't have a left foot.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    No chance. Charlie doesn't have a left foot.

he dosent have any foot these days im afraid. i think an attacking hutton who is bad at the back is a better option than corluka who cant attack and is having a very time defensively at present

golfball37 wrote: »
    We need 2 new full backs and no way should we ever, ever start Crouch in a home game. Been saying it non stop for 12 months now. We always stuggle when he starts at home.

Yeah true, we struggled against YB when he started alright ;)

Advertisement