Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Tottenham Memories........

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

My first time at the Lane was in '96 against Middlesborough. Dreadful game. We won 1 nil but there was a funny moment involving Stuart Nethercott. He's up there with the Gary Dotherty's of this world! He went up for a ball with a boro player. Ball bounces and Stuart loses the where abouts of the ball. Crowd shouts "its behind you!". Andy Sinton scored a scrappy winner. It was geat to see Juninho play though. Brilliant on the ball.
    Also been to the Lane against Portsmouth. 4-3 to us. Poyet with the winner off his thigh in the 6yd box in injury time :)
    It was the year City beat us 4-3 in the cup when we had been 3 nil up!
    Portsmouth were chanting "we're goin to beat you 4-3!". Eh, don't think so lads!
    I was also over for the '98 Worthington Cup Final with my bro's and Uncle. We watched the game in a small pub near Wembley full of Spurs fans and a handful of Leicester fans. When Nielson scored the ceiling dripped of lager for 5mins! Brilliant craic and sing song on the tube after. Surprisingly no Arse fans at the Highbury stop!

The best memory though at the Lane has to be the whole game against City last December. What a night. Super atmosphere. I said to my mate, "There is no way City will beat us" before the game. 3 nil to us. Dawson and Lennon were class.
    "Adebayor... What's the score!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LeGinWasGod

My favourite memory of the past few years has to be the CC victory over Chelsea. Berba's 4 goals would be up there too. I can think of quite a few, of which I'm sure most have been posted already.

The Young Boys victory on our march to the CL stands out as one of the best nights in a long long time for us though, and you should all enjoy this video I made to remember it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHoXeq8IY8Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

nice video le gin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U72kxIK8rxM&feature=related

find me a better goal. i dare u!!!!

what a strike. remember this one well. almost made most my liverpool friends stop talking to me! :)

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »

yeah funny:D.

did we not have a ball boy who stopped the ball on the pitch too??

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

keane=cock wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U72kxIK8rxM&feature=related

find me a better goal. i dare u!!!!

what a strike. remember this one well. almost made most my liverpool friends stop talking to me! :)

Was sat on my own in with the Liverpool fans for that game. When Edman scored everyone around me was giving out yards to Dudek for not keeping it out. Didn't realise what a corker it was myself until I saw it on the TV afterwards. Should have really won the match though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I remember this goal well, because I was sitting at a roulette table in Las Vegas at the time... When the ball went in I got so excited, I stuck a few quid down on his number but it didn't work :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYJMvxEwes

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dodgygeezer

I remember crying during a visit to my grandparents house as Coventry beat us in the FA Cup Final.

Last visit was the 2-2 draw v Leeds. Fairly nasty athmosphere leaving the East Stand that night - bottles were thrown as we left the stadium. Pulsating match though

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

Very poor stewarding/policing that night, nearly led to a nasty aftermath. Myself and my pal got stuck on the front line facing the Leeds lot while others tried to squeeze in to Park Lane to get at them. Dodgy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stedub

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davemac24

showing my age here a wee bit hatch:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davemac24

davemac24 wrote: »
    showing my age here a wee bit hatch:D

Ye dont look it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

October 1977 - Spurs had been relegated the previous season from the old 1st division. I was in Larch Hill as a boy scout. Spurs at home to Bristol Rovers. I phoned home for the result. Thought my father was having me on ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHazMyKZmRs

Whatever happened to Colin Lee?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just 2 weeks previous we were 4-0 down in the San Siro against the reigning Euro Champs, with ten men. Luckily, the young prodigy Gareth Bale scored a remarkable hat-trick to restore some pride. 11 days later we lost a demoralising match against Man United at OT, thanks in no small part to Mark Clattenburg. Just 3 days later we would be lining out again against the reigning European champs.
    Hope was high, we believed we could beat anyone on our home patch, but Inter were different. They contained world class players like Samuel Eto'o, Maicon, Lucio and Wesley Sneijder. However, that didnt fathom our world class players. From the word go Luka Modric, Rafael Van der Vaart and Gareth Bale tore into them. We were playing them off the park. In the 18th minute, thanks to some great work from Modric, Van der Vaart broke the deadlock. Gareth Bale was terrorising the supposedly best RB in the world, Maicon, and in the 61st minute he laid it on a plate for the one and only Peter Crouch to put us 2-0 up. We were in dreamland. However, Samuel Eto'o brought us crashing back to earth with a sublime strike that left Carlo Cudicini for dead. Now it was game-on, again. But, yet again, our players stood up to the challenge. Led by the charismatic Gareth Bale we restored the two goal lead through Roman Pavlyuchenko. The Inter players didn't know what hit them. Lucio and Wesley Sneijder lost their tempers but Spurs continued to play the beautiful game the only way they know how.
    Long live the glory nights at White Hart Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

27223_1412526438867_1403716347_31120161_91416_n.jpg

The Shelf in the Eighties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 TheYid

I was 9 at the time, me Dad managed somehow to get tickets, to this day remember been hoisted into the air by a few Spurs fans around us when Nielson got the header. Amazing experience. On the way home on the Monday in the airport, we were in the queue for Burger King and we noticed that Stephen Carr was infront of us, got him to sign the program. He was on the way back to Ireland for an Irish international.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

TheYid wrote: »

I was 9 at the time, me Dad managed somehow to get tickets, to this day remember been hoisted into the air by a few Spurs fans around us when Nielson got the header. Amazing experience. On the way home on the Monday in the airport, we were in the queue for Burger King and we noticed that Stephen Carr was infront of us, got him to sign the program. He was on the way back to Ireland for an Irish international.

First time I remember seeing my dad cry was that day. He's a Spurs supporter too by the way, it's not some random crying I'm referring to.

Aside from that, I've always loved Robbie Keane's reaction to winning the Coca-Cola Cup. Sad to see him go.

Go to minute 1:25......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 introu

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Advertisement