Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a club in Cork

Options
  • 15-09-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I'm just after starting a new job in Cork, living in Jacobs Island and I'm working shift work which means I'm normally on from 1-10, 2-11 or 9pm - 8am.

I'm just wondering if there are any sporting clubs I could join that train in the morning. I was in UCC for the past number of years and I'm going to renew my Mardyke membership in order to do weights but just for general fitness I'm looking to take up classes in boxing, martial arts, squash, anything really.

I used to be heavily involved with my local Gaa team in Kerry when I would travel home on weekends to train & play matches but my new job has me working weekends from time to time and this means I'm no longer able to fully commit.

I'd love to join a GAA club in Cork but I'd imagine most trainings are in the evenings when I'd be unavailable.

Obviously I'll be looking online for things to join - through the mardyke especially but I'm just wondering if anybody would recommend any clubs in Cork city worth joining

Any help would be appreciated & Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement