Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 11 Thread

Options
  • 15-09-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭

anyone download this yet? played it for a while and seems decent enough. Very similar to last year but there's a new mode where you play as the goalkeeper, could be a lot of fun. also on the Demo, you can earn points by winning matches and you can unlock to play as Arsenal and play in the Emirates on the demo. This is cool as i've never seen anything unlockable in a demo before.

Just goin to try the PES 2011 demo now too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

downloading this tonight to see what it's like.. hope the personalties don't make some teams super teams though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

I'm downloading it now - 25%. I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Kristian_

Just downloaded the demo, am impressed. Very lifelike player movement and reaction. When is it out? Might download PES tomorrow, have always preferred Fifa though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Fifa 11 release: 1st October 2010

played the demo.... only one new thing of new goal keeper mode,

not too impressed to be honest.

will try and get a chance to play the full game before release..

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Im loving the new game. I taught the world cup game was class and think they may have just tweaked stuff slightly and introduced a few new aspects which is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Having played the FIFA 11 demo extensively, I don't think you can say its like last year at all. FIFA 10 I was strolling it on Legendary difficulty, now in the FIFA 11 demo I'm backed down to Semi Pro, just to allow myself some shots on target so I can score a few goals. Last year was an obvious success so I feel they have built upon what worked last year but added a number of new complexities to it, which make it a new challenge to master.

Defense AI is much better hence why its so tough to break them down at higher difficulties.

Passing has an extra layer of difficulty as if you don't pass it with the right amount of power the pass will be very slow or it will be a stray pass. (Stops ping pong passing unless your incredibly accurate with every pass but that is near impossible.)

Good to see Messi move like Messi. Players like Iniesta have great close control and have an obvious greater movement than defenders (much more so than last year). Defenders close control isn't good, makes them easy to dispossess.

Tackles can come from any direction so you must be more conscious about shielding than before.

Computer AI starting to use skills moves. Makes it more exciting to play against.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

You've got to pick your passes more and I find i use the wings more because its harder to pass through the middle. Defending is much better this time around, alot harder to score aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Where's the best/cheapest place for me to reserve FIFA 11 online and have it delivered to me (in Dublin) on Friday???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Don't think I'd bother reserving it tbh. I'd check the price in Tesco as they usually do very good deals on release days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Do Tesco deliver it on the day of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Tesco won't deliver it.

Gamesnash should have it to you on the Friday, they're about €50 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

By the early looks of it Tesco will be there or thereabouts pricewise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

I pre ordered with GameStop, they got them in today -all sitting behind the counters but won't let them go.

They said they'd release early if someone else does.

Well Play.com and Shopto.net orders were all delivered today. Gutted!

If anyone hears of Game/HMV/Tesco selling it early, post in here so I can go round and get it.

All my mates are sitting playing this right now ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

arhh really damn them, leist we have the demo until friday when i get our copy lol..if they do release any early i want info too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Cheers dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sambos

ANybody played the new FIFA yet?Do you recommend its purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I have it, it's nothing major tbh... Basically same as Fifa 10 only now you can control keeper though.. I am having major issues with online aswell I CANT connect to anyone...I had small issues in Fifa 10 but nothing as bad as this..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Barca 0 - 2 Real (Me).

Rematch

Man U 0 - 1 Liverpool (Me). Dude rage quits with Torres through on goal. I love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

I can't connect to anyone either. Not sure why. I can connect to games on Madden and NCAA but not FIFA.

Any ideas anyone. And before anyone starts hitting me with techincal stuff pretend you're talking to a complete moron when it comes to computers and configuring internet settings etc... because you are :confused:

The message I keep getting is 'The connecction to your opponent has been lost'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭crackit

thanks but I'd rather not have to trawl a 65 page thread looking for an answe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

crackit wrote: »
    I can't connect to anyone either. Not sure why. I can connect to games on Madden and NCAA but not FIFA.

Any ideas anyone. And before anyone starts hitting me with techincal stuff pretend you're talking to a complete moron when it comes to computers and configuring internet settings etc... because you are :confused:

The message I keep getting is 'The connecction to your opponent has been lost'

yeah im having exact same issue.. it pretty much makes me think the games boring now as i have to only play SP now which is boring

Advertisement