Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

milkshake bar good or bad

• 15-09-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys and girls,

just a quick question thinking of opening a milkshake bar in Meath, good or bad idea? any feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

marv5053 wrote: »
    Hey guys and girls,

just a quick question thinking of opening a milkshake bar in Meath, good or bad idea? any feedback appreciated.

sure why not! grab it by the balls and employ me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭ucdmike

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours. Good luck with it OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ditzyfitzy

Great idea..! But think a little outside the box, hot shakes in cork do an amazing selection of hot & cold shakes...! & they taste damn good too! Check them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Goldfish2010

great idea...Shakes in Dame st is doing really well! Good Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 marv5053

hot shakes... sounds a great idea, anywhere in dublin doing this? does anyone know any other milkshake places in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I'd be of the opnion that its not sustainable in meath, even in Navan you have nothing close to the amount of people required to support it.

Also imo Milkshakes are the latest fad, soon to be flooding the market until it gets bored of them and then they will die away completely. Every 'Smoothie Bar' is converting over to milkshakes, and just like smoothies the product has a short fashionable life.

Its big city on a short lease or else leave well alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

i miss smoothies :) think they started to close once the government started making then charge vat.

thanks do you not even feel there is a short term life for it within Meath, im still in the research process so all feedback is appreciated positive or negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

marv5053 wrote: »
    thanks do you not even feel there is a short term life for it within Meath, im still in the research process so all feedback is appreciated positive or negative.

I think Meath is a bad bad location for it, I have a food related business in Meath. Its a backwards county for food, light years behind Dublin (I've some restaurant businesses in Dublin also), the difference between the 2 counties is about 15 years in food terms imo.

Look at blanch shopping center, liffey valley, a tiny booth style place there may be an option. Meath is just no a runner for a relatively 'innovative' new concept, its a laggard society.

• Advertisement

thanks hammertime, all really appreciated and given me a lot to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 funbob1975

Shakes is good but my favourite at the moment is the hot Rollo shakes they do at Mooz on Aungier St - always seems to be full which in a recession is no mean feat so probably not a bad business idea in the current climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jconnon

funbob1975 wrote: »
    Shakes is good but my favourite at the moment is the hot Rollo shakes they do at Mooz on Aungier St - always seems to be full which in a recession is no mean feat so probably not a bad business idea in the current climate.

what????? mooz. That place is a dive. Its the tackiest looken place ive ever seen.

shakes is good,he was the first,shakeaway is ok but their da kings apparently. Yeh go for it and best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

One of these places opened in Limerick city this month, heard it was a former Dell employee behind it. Seems to be going well so far. Would go well in a place like Blanchardstown Shopping Centre. I'd go for the calcium content - healthy angle on it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

When and why have smoothies gone out of fashion? I only buy the litre innocent smoothies.

why are milkshakes the new fad? I assume were not talking about supermacs milkshakes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

The one on Dame street in Dublin still seems to be storming ahead, I think the whole juice bar thing lasted about 7/8 years so you might get about 7 years out of it.

Advertisement