Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 13 - 2/10/2010

Options
  • 15-09-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

It's time for Inferno 13!

Once more into the breach dear friends. Once again we will holding the tournament in the magical XGC. This may be the final Inferno in XGC so it's vital that you get down in order to be able to say in the future that you were there. People just won't understand what XGC was like.

There is a €5 entry fee, with the tournament costing €10 to enter. So €15 total for one hell of a day.

The tournament will kick off at 13:00. We will be open from 11:00 for sign-ups and casuals.

Current Seedings :
    1) Cobelcog
    2) Bush
    3) AnimaX
    4) Gory snake
    5) Blag
    6) Kirby
    7) The Hound
    8) Ian McTetley
    9) Doctor Doom
    10) D4RK Onion
    11) Chunkis
    12) Redman350
    13) Dreddybajs
    14) New Type
    15) Ken B
    16) Placebo

I do believe this covers everything. Rules to follow.

Get Hype?

Will you be there? 26 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 26 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.
    Seeding will not be performed for the first Super Street fighter 4 Tournament.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

Should we get 64 attendants, the tournament will be run with pools rather than groups. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I cant make it, October 2nd is my birthday. I'll redeem myself month after

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How come Doom's so low?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

1) Cobelcog=Scrub
    2) Bush=Scrub
    3) AnimaX=Scrub
    4) Gory snake=Scrub
    5) Blag=Classy
    6) Kirby=Scrub
    7) The Hound=Scrub
    8) Ian McTetley=Scrub
    9) Doctor Doom=Scrub
    10) D4RK Onion=Scrub
    11) Chunkis=Scrub
    12) Redman350=Scrub
    13) Dreddybajs=Scrub
    14) New Type=Scrub
    15) Ken B=Scrub
    16) Placebo=Gay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

hahaha :D

• Advertisement

Same stuff but click it anyway. http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1309

@Kiki : Dooms low cause them's the seedings.

@Gory : You'll be right down them seedings next month. As I said before, Inferno is more then willing to cater for birthday parties. You may even get free entry*

*Does not constitute a contract of any sort and is most likely pure bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'll just have to work my way back up, I probably wont have the time to go to a tournament on the day. Although free entry is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Oh it's my bday too, honest... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Azza should probably get Gory's absent spot IMO(due to consistent high placings).

Ken B wrote: »
    Azza should probably get Gory's absent spot IMO(due to consistent high placings).

That's what the second tier seeds are for. To fill up the spots.

Also currently Azza is 31st in the seedings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Orim wrote: »
    That's what the second tier seeds are for. To fill up the spots.

Also currently Azza is 31st in the seedings.
    Just my two cents.....I don't have a clue how these things work!

Cheers for putting me straight Orim.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If Azza is 31st, how low am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Ken B wrote: »
    Just my two cents.....I don't have a clue how these things work!

Cheers for putting me straight Orim.

Dan ha s a direct line to Rachel to work these things out.

Countdown_WNS_682_1011629a.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If Azza is 31st, how low am I?

Higher than Azza.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The seeding is worked off the last 3 tournaments. This is why Azza has faded away, and why you're higher than him kiki, as you've scored a top 16 in the last 3.

It's also why I've dropped out of the top 8, because I have my worst placing EVAR in Inferno hanging around me like a bad smell. If I manage a good performance this time round by my calculations I should move up quite a bit, or at least the one place I'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Missed the last one. No way I'm going to miss this one. Count on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

atleast im not a scrub,
    SCORE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Won't be at this one. Going to the Eurogamer Expo in London that weekend! Hoping Capcom are there with MvC3, but not holding my breath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

ok, I'll go, where will inferno be held in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Starting to play a bit of SF again so I might try and get down to this if I can get my train pre-booked on the cheap.

Besides I'm bound to EVENTUALLY get someone other than Doom for my first match. :pac:

• Advertisement

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    ok, I'll go, where will inferno be held in the future?

In Temple Bar by the looks of things. Not in a gaming centre, so it can be more comfy and better controlled.

Starting to play a bit of SF again so I might try and get down to this if I can get my train pre-booked on the cheap.

Besides I'm bound to EVENTUALLY get someone other than Doom for my first match. :pac:

Usually the top 2 go through though so even if you do, I won't be the end of you like usual :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Honestly it wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't putting in such crappy performances to boot.

Just need to get past that mental barrier and stop spazzing out every time I enter a competition. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm putting myself down as a yes.

It's been a while since I've been able to attend an Inferno (April or June methinks), so I'm going to make sure I have nothing else going on the same time as this one.

Also it would be sweet to have some of my tourney matches recorded on the Doomcam, even if it's just me getting abused in groups.

I'll be there.

So will the doomcam, uber. :D

Generally I don't record groups anymore but I will go out of my way to get a fight or 2 of yours seeing as I've never gotten one before.

I too easily forget what a thrill it was to see one of my own fights for the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That would be sweet man, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

do we need poster?

Placebo wrote: »
    do we need poster?

We always need poster.

EDIT: Non smart answer: if it's going to be a problem I'd rather reserve the poster for when we escape XGC.

Placebo wrote: »
    do we need poster?

I would say no. Make one for the next month which will be Nov 6 and in the Exchange Temple Bar.

However if it's not too much trouble a general inferno pic/poster that can be used as the thumbnail/featured event picture on the site for every inferno would be handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I won't be at this one.

So I leave kiki in charge of the roll mixups.

Advertisement