Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 13 - 2/10/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

this is the correct terminology

1) Cobelcog= underage
    2) Bush=virgin
    3) AnimaX=virgin
    4) Gory snake= underage
    5) Blag=Classy
    6) Kirby=virgin
    7) The Hound=virgin
    8) Ian McTetley=virgin
    9) Doctor Doom=virgin
    10) D4RK Onion=virgin
    11) Chunkis=virgin
    12) Redman350=virgin
    13) Dreddybajs=virgin
    14) New Type=virgin
    15) Ken B= has a wife
    16) Placebo= divorced & gay & a scrub

i reported you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I thanked Azzas "fix" but I do have to wonder what they actually said.

@Farz : That poster looks, you just gotta fix it now so it has our info. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Oh yeah, I don't know if any if you guys remember my brother johnnyblue100(Bison) or eddie(Ryu), but they told me they're coming to this tourney.

be warned, we are entering this to win it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

The Real List:

31) Azza = below Chunkis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I don't know if any if you guys remember my brother johnnyblue100(Bison) or eddie(Ryu), but they told me they're coming to this tourney.

be warned, we are entering this to win it.

:)

I'm actually quite looking forward to a rematch with your brother. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Shootinblankas

How do I sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How do I sign up?

Just turn up on the day. Be there early please and bring your own controller of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

How do I sign up?

I'm not feelin the name ;)

Does anyone have any thoughts or peeves regarding the running of the event?

I know there is general issues and they are being looked into but I'm looking at the type of stuff that could be changed on the day, if ya dig me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Too many sweaty men tbh.

:p

We have provided community deodorant. Not my fault no-one uses it :(

Hotaru wrote: »
    Too many sweaty men tbh.

:p

Please, feel free to bring more fragrant women then. :)
    Orim wrote: »
    We have provided community deodorant. Not my fault no-one uses it :(

There's not enough deoderant in the world to mask XGC's manly sweat smell to be fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Hey Dan I'll give you a hand running it if you like as I'm not gonna be in it but I will be there on the day so it may allow someone else who wants to be in it but couldn't because they're running it to actually enter and i'll just do what they were doing.

Cheers for the offer. It's fairly handy at the moment though and I don't think anyone has not entered through organising. But if I need anything I'll you a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Dan, have you considered making fight announcements at the event?

Sometimes i'm walking around and all of a sudden i realise there's a fight between two players that i'd love to see but i've missed it. I know the finals are announced but maybe top 8 too?

animaX wrote: »

Sometimes i'm walking around and all of a sudden i realise there's a fight between two players that i'd love to see but i've missed it. I know the finals are announced but maybe top 8 too?

He usually does for the top three.

Might be a it crappy anouncing more in XGC, but when we move on...

I have tried in the past and it's something I'm concious of. It's between the annoucements and trying to shore up the order in which people fight. I want to try and improve the spectator side of things.

As with everything it has ups and downs. I don't really want to be shouting over the entire room and when I've told people about fights/rounds starting I've generally hit apathy.

I'm hoping new venue will help. Should be a PA system and no worry about other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, i imagine that xgc wouldn't be the best place.

Also, i think it would be a good idea to have a big sheet of paper on the wall with updated brackets. I like to know what's going on in the brackets and a lot of the time i'm chasing after you to get a glimpse! And even then you're in a hurry so i can't really ponder on it or predict future matches.

If you had a helper (Ry?!) to update the bracket on the wall then everyone can see without bothering you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Yeah, i imagine that xgc wouldn't be the best place.

Also, i think it would be a good idea to have a big sheet of paper on the wall with updated brackets. I like to know what's going on in the brackets and a lot of the time i'm chasing after you to get a glimpse! And even then you're in a hurry so i can't really ponder on it or predict future matches.

If you had a helper (Ry?!) to update the bracket on the wall then everyone can see without bothering you

I agree with this idea. I know I was only at 1 Inferno but I was always wondering who was playing next, what bracket a certain match was, who was going through to the semi final etc. etc. I'm sure I annoyed many people by asking "Which bracket is this now?" >_<

A blank poster on the wall with gaps to be filled in (a bigger version of Orim's magical sheet thing yoke) for each stage would be really handy for both players and spectators. Someone (Orim or another helper or whatnot) could fill it in after each match and then everyone would be able to see where things were at, who was about to play who, who their next match was against and so on and so forth, quickly and easily.

Hotaru wrote: »
    I agree with this idea. I know I was only at 1 Inferno but I was always wondering who was playing next, what bracket a certain match was, who was going through to the semi final etc. etc. I'm sure I annoyed many people by asking "Which bracket is this now?" >_<

A blank poster on the wall with gaps to be filled in (a bigger version of Orim's magical sheet thing yoke) for each stage would be really handy for both players and spectators. Someone (Orim or another helper or whatnot) could fill it in after each match and then everyone would be able to see where things were at, who was about to play who, who their next match was against and so on and so forth, quickly and easily.

As long as I don't have to do it. My reputation for cocking up brackets is second to none. :)

But yeah, this'd be good, if not in the least because I'm often wondering who, as the phrase goes, I got next.

Placebo wrote: »

Im tempted to delete anyone who tells you just so you have to go looking.

It's in Temple Bar, the name temporarily escapes me.

well i lived in temple bar, so it is you that will go looking even after given directions, haw ha

also a big bracket requires , BIGGER PAPER, and bigger markers, less room for error. I think there is a paper/board up there.

Placebo wrote: »
    well i lived in temple bar, so it is you that will go looking even after given directions, haw ha

also a big bracket requires , BIGGER PAPER, and bigger markers, less room for error. I think there is a paper/board up there.

I lived on the street it's on, just on the other side of the river. ;) It's right beside the Turks head.

Yeah if we're going to do the bracket thing we need someone who doesn't make mistakes.

PPC used a projector for his bracket making tool at lanparty, that was awesome. I remember Jim taking a photo of it all "yesss! out of groups!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Pudding Row?

Jim wrote: »
    Pudding Row?

It's nice, but I wouldn't have a fight over it.

EDIT: I think it's the Hub on Exchange St.

It's nice, but I wouldn't have a fight over it.
    That's it. I'm leaving the FG community.

Jim wrote: »
    That's it. I'm leaving the FG community.

Aw, come back!

We have pudding.

• Advertisement

Aw, come back!

We have pudding.
    I'LL FIGHT YA FOR.....oh god I'm so tired.

Advertisement