Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 13 - 2/10/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim wrote: »
    I'LL FIGHT YA FOR.....oh god I'm so tired.

BTW Jim we all miss your photos, pls come to tournaments again!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BTW Jim we all miss your photos, pls come to tournaments again!
    I've discovered RISK online, so Street Fighter hasn't had a look in. But yea, I plan to come to Inferno and a few casuals beforehand.

Jim wrote: »
    I've discovered RISK online, so Street Fighter hasn't had a look in. But yea, I plan to come to Inferno and a few casuals beforehand.

Go team.

BTw you're funny, you wait til you're becoming a threat at SF... then you stop playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Hey Guys,
    can you please take this to PM's , its really going OFF TOPIC and spoiling the INFERNO thread :rolleyes:
    Getting back on topic the venue, is the hub? really dont like that area

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Placebo wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    can you please take this to PM's , its really going OFF TOPIC and spoiling the INFERNO thread :rolleyes:
    Getting back on topic the venue, is the hub? really dont like that area
    Hub doesn't exist anymore.

• Advertisement

Wait for Dan to see the thread.

I actually went to the venue after the last in inferno and about 10 pints. Thus I don't quite recall it's name :D

However, it's definitely a dtep up from Space 54, and that wasn't exactly a great area either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Erm...... theres a good chance I might not be able to make this after all, if the first week of college has anything to do it. ( wallet wrecker ftl :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's the Exchange.

Brackets are a good idea. Doing big ones probably won't happen but I could certainly do an extra copy or two which could be left in handy spots so we would at least have a couple you could check.

so have you retired yourself from competitive gameplay?
    did brians spamming get to you? dont let it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dan,

I'll cover this one extensively live over Twitter, will tweet as much groups as I can as well as all of brackets, finals once I'm done and will post up loads of pics via twitter.

Will tweet from the SFie a/c, will be worth pimping the feed ahead of the event, and that we'll be tweeting all results live as they happen. Hype.

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    Dan,

I'll cover this one extensively live over Twitter, will tweet as much groups as I can as well as all of brackets, finals once I'm done and will post up loads of pics via twitter.

Will tweet from the SFie a/c, will be worth pimping the feed ahead of the event, and that we'll be tweeting all results live as they happen. Hype.

You realise this will be the one time you will get to the final and cannot do all of that. :D

Regardless, this is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

How punctual is the start time usually?

Just because if I did try and get down I'd probably be charging in the door at 12:59.

How punctual is the start time usually?

Just because if I did try and get down I'd probably be charging in the door at 12:59.

The lads are good about trying to sort late comers out for groups.

'cog missed his train for the last one but we squeezed him in for 3 pm.

Orim always says to pm him for his phone no and let him know on the morning what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Cheers, I'm kinda on the fence about going but if I don't make my mind up quick my travel cost doubles. :pac:

Cheers, I'm kinda on the fence about going but if I don't make my mind up quick my travel cost doubles. :pac:

Well, to be fair, as far as Ireland goes at the moment Inferno is the big leagues, you get the best from the Dublin, NI, and Limerick scenes in the one place, it tends to be the biggest tournament with all levels of players and even if you don't do so well it's not long til you can play casual games. I always feel I've learned something walking away from Inferno.

The top 16 tend to have really good matches which are great to watch. Also you might end up in a vlog. lol

A-Trak wrote: »
    Dan,

You absolute TWIT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

You absolute TWIT :pac:

You absolute TWAT :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

animaX wrote: »
    You absolute TWAT :rolleyes:

You absolute BADGER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I always feel I've learned something walking away from Inferno.

This is a good point. I think everyone feels they've learned something after an inferno. Usually, it's that they're not as good as they thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

I learned the screens in xgc are really laggy. I shall get there early and adjust via casuals next time.

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »
    This is a good point. I think everyone feels they've learned something after an inferno. Usually, it's that they're not as good as they thought.
    joconnell wrote: »
    I learned the screens in xgc are really laggy. I shall get there early and adjust via casuals next time.

Oh, my wayward children.

Is this how Bush felt, do you think, when he reset against Cobelcog from losers?

Or is it how animaX felt when he burst into the top 8 after ditching the tiger?

Or placebo when he battled through a group with cobelcog and Newtype and survived?

Or myself, it has to be said, when I finally managed to stop being Azza's whipping boy?

Or Onion, when he did the same to me?

Or Kiki, who on one day not only got out of groups but bodied Chunkis?

Everyone's day comes if you're willing to learn.

Get F*&KING HYPE?!

I've also learned that my seimitsu probably doesn't fit nicely in the se so I can't do dive kicks or consistently c.mk into hadouken. When that gets sorted out ph33r. Probably not though cos I'll be in bed hungover instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

joconnell wrote: »
    I've also learned that my seimitsu probably doesn't fit nicely in the se so I can't do dive kicks or consistently c.mk into hadouken. When that gets sorted out ph33r. Probably not though cos I'll be in bed hungover instead.
    Seimitsu? Which one?

The ls-32-01 that I got from your good self - I think you mentioned recently that it isn't a perfect fit in an se. Must give a few a go next time in xgc to see if I get cleaner inputs from a te or if I'm just being rubbish at execution :pac:

Oh, my wayward children.

Or placebo when he battled through a group with cobelcog and Newtype and survived?

Everyone's day comes if you're willing to learn.

Get F*&KING HYPE?!

i think the word you are looking for is cruised :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

i think the word you are looking for is cruised :cool:

Wasnt that the time there were so many going through from groups that it was harder to not go through? :pac:

Bush80 wrote: »
    Wasnt that the time there were so many going through from groups that it was harder to not go through? :pac:

No, it was the time you stayed at home because the all the northern lads planned to come up. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I would begin screaming "MONEY MATCH, BUSH VS FARZ, GET HYPE!!!" but let's be honest, it'd be more hype to watch Bush fight the CPU :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No, it was the time you stayed at home because the all the northern lads planned to come up. :pac:

No, it was the time I came 2nd in the biggest tournament we have had yet. :pac:

• Advertisement

Actually, I came second in the biggest tournament we've had in Ireland.

Just cos none of you lot showed up doesn't mean you get to take that away Bush :D

Advertisement