Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 13 - 2/10/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Can I just say, we are a tight knit community, getting bigger by the month. We see sleepers that shake of their snooze phase and return ever so eagerly. We experience new faces day by day. We meet foreigners, tourists that are just passing by. And its remarkable how well the community has grown from the day Sisko [R.I.P]started protesting for a separate forum. A pioneer amongst scrubs I say.
    And with that, it is the constant 'trolling' , bickering and constant bashing [specially that of terry, first the tier jokes, now the spam jokes, oh when will it end] that gives this place a funny, fresh and warm feeling.
    No one is going out of their way to seriously offend anyone [except unky chop chop - watch out for this joker] Everyones out to have a laugh, now if your story is to read up on accurate frame data and learn how to tap that guitar hero fret ever so accurately then thats you buddy, for me its a different story. I've made some good friends from going to Inferno and i hope this one will be the best yet* and I hope that some day in the near future even after the expo we get to host a huge event that will see UK and other european challengers [specially Sweden, get em Ramza] travelling over.
    Just my 2 cents, cant handle the "heat", then feel free to not read.

*i wont be at inferno, reverse troll? lol omg etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thats an end to it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Placebo wrote: »
    [specially Sweden, get em Ramza] [/SIZE]

dawson-crying.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

An end to what Doomy?
    I think Farz has made a very inspiring speech with valid points.
    I for one would not have joined if frame data and the like was all that was discussed on these pages.
    Sure I joined for my love of SF but its the banter that keeps it alive.
    All slagging etc should be taken in good faith and a pinch of salt [excluding my hate for that bully Farz,which I assure you is real],and I think some folk dont realize that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

An end to infinity chop chop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

An end to what Doomy?
    And end to discussing what can and can't be said on these threads. We don't mind the occasionally slagging match when its done in a light hearted manner but Ry on this occasion overstepped the mark.
    All slagging etc should be taken in good faith and a pinch of salt [excluding my hate for that bully Farz,which I assure you is real],and I think some folk dont realize that.

Except newcomers are not going understand that because they are not familiar with the people posting these messages and so it comes across as very aggressive and off putting to potential new members. Even regular members of the forum will occasionally mistake what's mean't to be a light hearted post as something more than it which leads to arguments and thread derailments which is exactly what's happening here.

Azza wrote: »
    which is exactly what's happening here.

Where? :)

Azza wrote: »
    And end to discussing what can and can't be said on these threads. We don't mind the occasionally slagging match when its done in a light hearted manner but Ry on this occasion overstepped the mark.

Except newcomers are not going understand that because they are not familiar with the people posting these messages and so it comes across as very aggressive and off putting to potential new members. Even regular members of the forum will occasionally mistake what's mean't to be a light hearted post as something more than it which leads to arguments and thread derailments which is exactly what's happening here.

What about the time those red necks started on you guys at Inferno in XGC ?
    what was done to protect the community [OR new comers] ? I'm sure thats a much bigger issue than some one getting 'trolled' by a onliner on 10th page of a thread and scaring away potential future cobelcogs.

The SOCIETY/COUNCIL that was setup and ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS, needs to take DOJO karate lessons. Some real street fighting. To protect the member of this community. Some real life moderation, whenever it is in order.
    yellow mohawk wigs and some tough attitude will keep trouble at bay.

Perhaps they could wear something along the lines of this?

590061_f520.jpg

To put the fear into any miscreants and allow them flexibility in combat!

If only i was a moderator *hint hint*
    i think moderators should wear name tags at inferno, well i think ORIM should defo wear some sort of RED CAP or something so you can respect is athorotaaa

If i was a moderator id come to inferno and comic can as
    akuma_street_fighter.jpg

id steal away dark onion's gf in a matter of seconds with my daemon, raging daemon that is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote:
    From what I understand, those knackers started on some of the FPS crowd.

Also, I do hope you're joking.
    Trying to use karate against knackers will
    a) Get you killed
    b) Get you arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    From what I understand, those knackers started on some of the FPS crowd.

Also, I do hope you're joking.
    Trying to use karate against knackers will
    a) Get you killed
    b) Get you arrested

ye, obviously kung-fu is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    ye, obviously kung-fu is the way to go

taekwondo imo

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Shotokan Karate

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Aikido. It's the ****in' works.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's not Aikido.
    Seagal may have a high rank in Aikido (7th dan Aikikai aikido), but his movie martial arts showcase values which are contradictory to the spirit of Aikido.

Though I'd like to learn Baji Quan or something. I'd have to go to China or US & find a willing instructor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Fights breakin' out in XGC? Real talk?

Dammit and I'd decided against a third dublin trip this month...

Aku wa yurusan! WAAAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :cool:

what was done to protect the community [OR new comers] ? I'm sure thats a much bigger issue than some one getting 'trolled' by a onliner on 10th page of a thread and scaring away potential future cobelcogs.

The SOCIETY/COUNCIL that was setup and ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS, needs to take DOJO karate lessons. Some real street fighting. To protect the member of this community. Some real life moderation, whenever it is in order.
    yellow mohawk wigs and some tough attitude will keep trouble at bay.

Have you seen the size of AJ?

I usually just threaten people with him, tbh.

Could someone do me a favour and bring along an extension lead for the doomcam, it seems to have gotten misplaced from my bag during all my foreign high jinks. I'm also not going to get a chance to charge it before tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Sorry guys, I'm not gonna be there so no vlog from me and no appearance by Sleepy Chaos either. :P

Not sure if I'll be at Novembers Inferno either, theres a lot of other events going on during the month and then of course theres the Halloween fancy dress goings on.

Regardless, whenever I next come up, I'll be investing in sleeping pills beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Regardless, whenever I next come up, I'll be investing in sleeping pills beforehand.
    :eek::eek:
    Sleeping Pills... I'm thinking they might not be the best option.Big bag of speed is what you want

im not sure if i wanna get up this early, what time does it start?
    my bus takes an hour, then i have to lose 15 euro and sit there and watch other people play and slag chris, i mean is it worth it?

soliloquy over.

p.s: ive never done speed, the only drug i have not done, plz bring it tomorrow if i come, id like to throw it in my opponents eyes before the match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Starts at one. If you're going to be late but you are coming text me and I can put you in a group.

As always this goes for everyone. PM me if you don't have my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That's not Aikido.
    Seagal may have a high rank in Aikido (7th dan Aikikai aikido), but his movie martial arts showcase values which are contradictory to the spirit of Aikido.

Lol yeah I just wanted an excuse to show link that badass scene. Aikido is all about using your opponents aggression against them right? I suppose a corkscrew in the head is a different combat philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Shootinblankas

I don't know if I'm more excited more about inferno or drinking afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I don't know if I'm more excited more about inferno or drinking afterwards?

Post-Inferno beers is a vital part of the Inferno experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

im not sure if i wanna get up this early, what time does it start?
    my bus takes an hour, then i have to lose 15 euro and sit there and watch other people play and slag chris, i mean is it worth it?

Now you know how I feel :pac:

i wont be there, ive too much work, i promised ajay a website months ago and i will keep that promise also i cant face him from shame
    also im tired

have fun folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

i wont be there, ive too much work, i promised ajay a website months ago and i will keep that promise also i cant face him from shame
    also im tired

have fun folks

chicken.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm bringing the ol lone wolf shortly.

Sonica bluuuum

Advertisement