Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction Day

Options
  • 15-09-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Back into academia today, just started an MSc; it’s eight years since I completed my MA. It was an easy enough afternoon, today was just more about getting to know the lecturers and learning about the facilities.

It was strange experience, I always get nervous speaking in public; but I usually manage well enough. I often give talks, presentations in work and do a small amount of lecturing. However, I bumbled my way through the group introduction, it doesn’t gel well when you introduce yourself as a psychotherapist, then have a mild panic attack in the following sentences:o

Anyway anybody here just start a new course of study? If so how did the first day go for you?

Advertisement