Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dissertation in accountancy

Options
  • 15-09-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

I have recently started a Masters in Accountancy and for the course it is necessary to complete a dissertation related to the area.

To be honest, I have not written a dissertation before and find the task quite daunting as I am unsure of what area I could research thus I would be extremely grateful if someone could run a few ideas/topics past me.

:-) thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Hi Bubbles89

Without knowing the structure of the Accountancy Dissertation requirements and the flexibility.. how do you feel about the scheduled Seminars? I feel they have the potential to raise interesting topics for you to consider. The key with the dissertation is to make it as "focused" as possible.

I've done a dissertation before and it is daunting, though once I started doing the work each week, it became more managable. I actually have 3 "mini" dissertations for Internationalisation and I will need to get more information on what is expected. This will be an intense year!

The teambuilding day was fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bubbles89

The seminars are a very good idea! Thanks!

Yea had fun at the team building day, Im not much of a fan of wet grass but nevertheless was a good craic :-)

The three mini dissertations do not really seem like much fun either tbh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

This is looking like a nonstop year of work, already have 3 assignments :p

When do you need to submit your proposal? Hopefully it later in the year to give you the time to come up with a really good idea for it.

Advertisement