Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa game meetup

Options
  • 15-09-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads,

The following have said they are going to the Villa game on 2nd October:

therecklessone
    mullo76
    RingoSpur
    WHL
    galinka
    donspur
    Philon
    brozio7
    kakee
    galinka

Now it's time for us to start talking about meeting up that morning or early afternoon.

Anybody got any preferences?

Where will you be flying into?

And etc etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

There will be two of us flying into Stansted on Saturday morning from Cork. We will be landing about 9.30 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

thanks Ronan, had intended to do this next week so you saved me a job.

I am in on the 8.10 from Dub/stansted and back on the 20.15.

How about meet up early doors in the Bricklayers - about 11 - 11 .30 ish on?

If youre on same flights see you in airport bar for a quick scoop before flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Right lads,

The following have said they are going to the Villa game on 2nd October:

therecklessone
    mullo76
    RingoSpur
    WHL
    galinka
    donspur
    Philon
    yiddo59
    brozio7
    kakee
    galinka

Now it's time for us to start talking about meeting up that morning or early afternoon.

Anybody got any preferences?

Where will you be flying into?

And etc etc.

Sorry meant to say that I'd knocked this one on the head in favour of Milan home in November! Next time lads!

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Sorry meant to say that I'd knocked this one on the head in favour of Milan home in November! Next time lads!

grand stuff, edited Ronans post. If your at a loose end for a pint before Milan drop me a note before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Mullo76 wrote: »
    grand stuff, edited Ronans post. If your at a loose end for a pint before Milan drop me a note before it.

Thanks!

• Advertisement

How about meet up early doors in the Bricklayers - about 11 - 11 .30 ish on?

What time would this pub be open and where is good to get a full english breakfast lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

kakee wrote: »
    What time would this pub be open and where is good to get a full english breakfast lads

Decent place at back of park lane beside the Corner Pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

kakee wrote: »

The Gilpin Bell do a witherspoons BIG breakfest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

3pm kick off?

Jeez lads i could not survive 4 hours in WHL before the game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I was thinking the Bill Nick might be a good spot to head to, there's loads of room and it is definitely open at 11.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the Bill Nick might be a good spot to head to, there's loads of room and it is definitely open at 11.

thats fine with me. Didnt think you were a fan of it which is why I was suggesting brickies. Actually think the Bill Nick opens at 10.30

ref breakfast - there is also a place on the high road if you are walking from Hale called the Titanic - best breakfast I have had over there. Takes a couple of mins as they make everything fresh but worth the wait imo.

galinka wrote: »
    3pm kick off?

Jeez lads i could not survive 4 hours in WHL before the game!!

the aul entertainment on the bar in the Bill Nick might help;)

Right lads - Bill Nic from 11.00 on it is.

Anyone not sure where it is etc, shout and I will put up directions.

We will be easy to spot as we will be the ones in the Spurs jerseys:D

if anyone wants contact no in case they get lost/cant find us pm me.

Are people on for this?

I will be there for sure !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

Whereabouts is the Bill Nic lads?

Might have to investigate this 'entertainment' on the bar :D

Claonadh1 wrote: »

its on Northumberland park, walking down the high road towards Edmonton, keep going past the ground, past the junction with white hart lane which will be on your left, take the next right at the lights, there is a bookies on the corner that you turn at. Keep walking along this road and you will see it on your right hand side after about 5 mins.

Check back here later this week and I'll have posted up a map with directions, there's an easier way than Mark has posted just above.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

See you's there ....whos shout is it :D

Check back here later this week and I'll have posted up a map with directions, there's an easier way than Mark has posted just above.

There is indeed, I was just being lazy and posting the way with least turns.:D

Claonadh - what station are you coming from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

Am flying into Stansted Sat morning and will be getting the train to Tottenham Hale.

Am flying into Stansted Sat morning and will be getting the train to Tottenham Hale.

then hold on for Ronans directions as there is a quicker way to cut down from Hale. If your coming from Dublin and are on the 8.15 flight then I am on the same one as you, tbh if there is a few of us might be aswell hoping in a taxi from Hale.

Right, directions:

First off, the easiest way to the Bill Nic is to get the train to Northumberland Park station, that's one stop north of Tottenham Hale.

To anyone travelling from Stansted, there is a train at 3mins past every hour (i.e. 10:03, 11:03 etc) that stops at Northumberland Park. If you decide to get the Express train instead (they go every 15mins) then you can get off at Tottenham Hale and travel back to Northumberland Park on a connecting service, but that will take a little extra time.

To anyone travelling from London, go to Liverpool Street and try to catch a train northbound from there to Northumberland Park, or to White Hart Lane station which might be easier.

BillNic.jpg

The blue circle is Northumberland Park station, if coming from Stansted you'll get off the train on the eastern side of the tracks, so go over the bridge and exit the station from the other platform. Turn left and walk straight to the junction, then head north east towards Northumberland Park itself (shown by the blue line on the map). The pub will be on your left as you walk up the road.

If you travel to White Hart Lane station, turn right out of the station and walk to the lights. Cross the High Road at the lights then turn left (north, away from the ground) until you come to another set of lights. Turn right into Northumberland Park and walk down to the pub on your right. On the map above you would meet the High Rd just south of the Domino's Pizza shown in the NW corner.

For the journey back to Stansted after the game, exit the ground on to the High Road and walk south following the crowd away from the direction of the Bill Nic for about 15mins until you come to Tottenham High Cross (you'll know it when you see it) then turn left on to Monument Way which will bring you right to Tottenham Hale station.

just on above the trains back from Hale to Northumberland park are at 9.43,10.43 etc.

If you get an express and are not on time for the connection back your best bet is to walk ot get a taxi. Taxi will cost about £8 to the ground, £11 to the pub.

Walking you can either hit the high road and walk past the ground and follow directions above or there is a quicker route through a park and a lot of twists and turns through estates which if anyone wants let me know and I will post (it will only save you about 5-10 minutes). Local map below. its a good 35-45 min walk to pub dependant on how quick you walk.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=N17+0TS&spn=0.005,0.02&hl=en

After the game Northumberland park is also an option for getting back as you can get the slow trains heading straight to airport or altern get the train back one stop to Hale and hop on an express. I find it quicker than walking back to Hale.

Right lads, see some of you tomorrow in the airport or the bill nic otherwise.
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Won't make the Bill Nick I'm afraid. have to go to the Irish Club as usual and meet the extended family....

Advertisement