Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enhanced / NG Broadband on Eircom Silver 2247 router ?

• 15-09-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I got my email from Vodafone today to confirm I've been upgraded to 8mb but yet my Eircom 2247 router (using it for Vodafone) still says 2048/256. The router firmware is 7.8.0r2. Should this router be able to work with 8mb ? If not, what about a 3347 ?

C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I had problems with NGB with a 3347 that was resolved with a firmware update, probably same procedure needed for the 2247?

See post 9 in this; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056018171

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I am usinf a 2247-02 (the silver one with two antenna) and I have recieved notificaiton of the NGN service enabled for me.

I was signed up to 7Mbs from Vodafone at Home but it only ever connected at 6144/512 with Line Attenuation 44/28 dB.

After the upgrade, it is exactly the same and I am on firmware 7.8.2r2.

I have tried reconnecting and cold booting it, but it never changes. Speeds too are not improved over previous, but at 18:30 yesterday, it tested exactly the same as it did at 06:55 the first morning of the upgrade, so there is that at least. So with a connection speed of 6Mbps, I get 5.14mps actual speed, with 412kbps upload.

LD

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

NGB is the same service rebranded.
    I don't know anyone who's speed increased after upgrading. Most people are experiencing lower speeds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

NGB is the same service rebranded.
    I don't know anyone who's speed increased after upgrading. Most people are experiencing lower speeds!!

I was on the 3Mb package and now my speed is 6144/512 ..speedtest reporting 5.26 Mb/s .43 Mb/s

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

jonski wrote: »
    I was on the 3Mb package and now my speed is 6144/512 ..speedtest reporting 5.26 Mb/s .43 Mb/s

ok so maybe there are a few...but most users on here are experiencing lower speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

championc wrote: »
    Hi all

I got my email from Vodafone today to confirm I've been upgraded to 8mb but yet my Eircom 2247 router (using it for Vodafone) still says 2048/256. The router firmware is 7.8.0r2. Should this router be able to work with 8mb ? If not, what about a 3347 ?

C

Can you give me the attenuation and the DSL statistics? If you go to troubleshooting, then Statistics and click on DSL, post back the numbers.

Advertisement