Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php web template niggely problems

Options
  • 15-09-2010 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi and hope I am in the right place here go easy ..........

I am using the latest release of Lightneasy php web template with MySQL and have got on quite well in populating the web site but ..
    Running into a few niggely problems

I created a sub page off a parent page I then generated the page and it automatically logged me out and the page rendered fine when logged out.

I then logged in to add content to the page, when I clicked the page link on the page menu bar the page reverts back to my home page each time and I now cannot access the page to delete it as the reference numbers, link and menu label are lost when I click to view and try to edit the page in the edit menu area, any idea on how do I remove, fix it from my edit page menu?

I can delete the page from my root folder on the server with filezilla but when I generate another different new page the old one pops back on the server also the page link has stayed in my page menu and I can’t delete it
    Any idea on how to retrieve the page or delete it without having to delete the parent page and start again
    Do I have to get into the data base to clean this mess up, any ideas would be helpful

Thanks Jb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm not familiar with Lightneasy CMS. You might get lucky and someone on here knows it well, but I'd say you're better off asking your question on their support forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JBCFord

I have used their forum for a response and to be honest unless you’re asking a very technical question to do with coding they don’t seem to want you there.
    To be fair the guy who developed it seems to have done a good job of it, looks like a one man band but responses are far and few between
    I like the templates and are pretty easy to use but need to get my head around the basics.
    Unlike boards that has a lot of passing traffic and the lads seem willing to get stuck in and try and sort you out so I will leave the question out there and see who pops by
    Always hoping jb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 JBCFord

Hi Still having the same php issue with my site cant deleat page any help out their Thanks JB

• Registered Users Posts: 2 coco25

@JBCFord - I had a similar issue in the past, where I could not delete a file hosted under the public_html folder in Filezilla.

You can actuallly remove the file with a PHP script (Unlink):

<?php
    $myFile = "yourfile.txt";
    if (!unlink($myFile))
    {
    echo ("no file available");
    }
    else
    {
    echo ("Deleted $file");
    }
    ?>

Replace "yourfile.txt" by the file name and extension you want to suppress, upload the script above on filezilla (let's say under unlink.php), once uploaded, run unlink.php.

If the operation was succesful, you'll get a message "Deleted yourfile.txt".

Not sure it works if the file you want to delete is hosted under the root folder though

Hope that helps

Advertisement