Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH & Perceived Sexism

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Round of applause for Metro for standing up for liah. If Metro read liahs original post, Metro would see that liah asked for silly references to sexism to be put on the back burner for a while.

So, why does Metro come and say something like this:

It completely highlights Metro in the exact opposite way to what she wants to be seen as.

I make points, but if I'm making a point during a direct discussion with a girl, I don't turn around and say "Are you going to ask me if I want to get in your knickers now?"

Rhetorical device employed in the heat of the moment I think, which I'd usually make a concession for. If you could hear the things myself and the OH say in heats of moments :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

If you had pancreatic cancer with a life expectancy of a few weeks, how would you spend that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If you had pancreatic cancer with a life expectancy of a few weeks, how would you spend that time?

extravagantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

snyper wrote: »
    extravagantly
    Coke agus hookers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tossing the salad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Screaming Jesus!, and winding up me mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yay, this thread has caught teh happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This thread is like a session on Scotch: everyone gets angry, says the snarliest things, and then there are group hugs and people peeled off the floor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

fags

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Dudess wrote: »
    Yay, this thread has caught teh happy six pack of Stella! :)
    FYP
    Jazzy wrote: »
    fags
    Naturally you're invited. Are you a sponge or a stone? runs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Dudess wrote: »
    Yay, this thread has caught teh happy six pack of Stella! :)

^
    Wibbs wrote: »
    FYP

I must tell you, I found your post offensive to the special offer in tesco on J.P Chenet Rouge - two for €10.

DISCLAIMER: I am just pointing out how ridiculous the thread is getting, and not the subject of the thread in general.

I must tell you I'm up in maine and theres this lovely hole in the wall of a beer store and if you haven't tried or heard of Dogfish Head Theobroma, you're missing out. Wooh. $13 for a pint and a half bottle; made with cocoa and chilies. Palo Santo Marron will also blow your mind.

But we're talking about gender issues in here... ill be in bgrh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Maine? Where they hunt and burn witches? I see where you're going with that... :mad:

/hurriedly sticks in a :pac:

You're thinking of Salem Oregon?

edit: theres One Lonely Shop in Dublin that would appear to supply the dogfish head. Investigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

snyper wrote: »
    Correct

Not correct, and if you read the last few posts before you waded in you would realise that the thread was approachig a rather positive end

Oh yea, positive because Liah caved to bullying, had to justify her one old flippant comment in a thread in a really personal way. I actually still can't believe she felt that she needed to that. What business of anyone's is her life. I'm shocked.

Liah doesn't speak for women. Just because Liah made a remark or started what would have been a lighthearted thread had it been about women doesn't mean that you can discredit this thread, perceived sexism and the opinions of every other female/ males poster here that feels the same way about AH, some of it's users and how it's been moderated in the past.

And as for those links about sexism against Irish males. I read them. One was from 2005, one got a "This isn't PI - locked", one was by Terry, one was another sarcastic troll one that was a dig at irish women.

There are far far more horrible and regular (oh so regular) threads about women and no poster here justified his even lighthearted comments with personal excuses about where he was in his life/ head at that period of time.

Christ, this thread is a ****ing disaster!

/ leaves

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

/ leaves

It WAS starting to lighten up :pac:

o/

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Never a truer word was spoken. And as we've started to go wildly off-topic it's time to give it a decent burial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement