Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I keep my savings?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I have a sum of money that I am saving atm and its just lying in my current ac wi BOI at the moment. Can anyone advise me on what type of account would be best for me to save this in? Where can I let it gain as much interest as possible and also taking into account this whole bank scare where is safest?
    Should I just open a normal savings account, PO account, use my credit union account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Some of the banks have "regular saver" accounts that offer slightly higher interest rates than "normal" savings accounts. (4%)
    There is a list of the best rates here

If it's just a lump sum - the best you'll get is 3.25% at Irish Nationwide if it's under €20k.

Advertisement