Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error

• 16-09-2010 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

SSL connection error. A bloody pain. I can get onto most websites (including this one) but Gmail, Facebook yield this result when I try to log in. And now Windows Update is unable to search for updates. I think the two issues are related. A quick Google of the error yields a lot of so-called solutions that haven't worked for me. Has anyone else had this issue? It only started today. I'm using Chrome as a browser but it's affecting IE and Firefox now too, with the following displaying for that particular browser when I try to access Gmail:
    SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Just make sure the date and time are correct on the pc.
    I would reregister the dll's associated with SSL Not sure if this works on windows 7 but XP and Vista work as follows:

Click Start -> Run
    Type cmd and click Open

Type the following commands and hit enter after each. Some take a few seconds to give you a message others happen straight away.

regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

Reboot the computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

The second, third, sixth, seventh and eighth codes 'failed to load'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

You Must be running Vista then, in which case the errors are normal.

After restart I assume You still cannot access the secure sites.

Can you check the event viewer for any messages.

Do you have the latest Service Pack installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Thanks hearny - actually I'm using Windows 7. I brought the laptop to a house up the road and the sites all worked fine there. And they worked fine when I returned to my own house. It seems to have been a temporary problem with my internet service provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What is the problem, server side, browser or.. ISP?

My situation, no OS change at all, yet last 3 days this has popped up with Gmail.

Using a 3 Midband dongle and going through OpenDNS. Windows XP. Firefox 3.6.10.

In any case, cheers hearny, your solution seems to have nudged the issue away.

• Advertisement

Problem has shown up on a different PC, using the some midband provider. A netbook that hasn't been updated in months. I'm getting the error with PayPal.

Older version of Firefox, on an XP Home SP3 install.

Does that point to a problem at the ISP?

The two computers are unrelated, in use. This has never been a problem before, just the last few days. Using the same Huawei E180 on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Reboot your router if you have one... Cured a similar issue I had on the Three network earlier in the day.

No Router to reboot, just a Huawei E180 USB modem. Problem is literally in the last working week. Never had the problem before, ever.

Advertisement