Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineering Jobs

Options
  • 16-09-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone know what cards / passes are required to work on-site in the Construction Industry in Oz? (Like Safe Pass is required here)
    Would just like to have as much sorted as possible when I arrive over there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Depends on where your going, but for NSW you gonna have to do the OHS Induction card also known as the white card will do all states (replaces state Green/Red/Blue Cards), more info at Work cover

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Depends on where your going, but for NSW you gonna have to do the OHS Induction card also known as the white card will do all states (replaces state Green/Red/Blue Cards), more info at Work cover

Cheers,

Is there anything else required for working in mines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chrisyh

Try this video, it's more for drivers but has some useful info on certs they will look for,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0okaB7rCns

Some of the experience they want to see on engineers CV's is as follows:
    Operational, Asset management, detailed allocations and report writing, SAP

Have you organized a mining job yet? I am heading over myself.
    Was speaking to a guy yesterday that is working 28 days on and 10 off - he says it is rough going but loads of $$$

Advertisement