Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samurai figurine in Dublin?.

Options
  • 16-09-2010 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy one?.

I've looked on eBay, but call me old fashioned but some things I'd rather handle & see in real life before buying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Last time I bought a figurine it was Fadó Antiques in Phibsborough.
    And no, it wasn't that statue of a lady you see in most houses in many estates in Dublin! :p

Here is their website
    http://www.fado.ie/services.htm

Place is a treasure trove for bits and pieces.

I've no idea if they have your specific figurine in stock but telephone them.
    If they don't have it, they could tell you where else you can try

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Is it a glass/porceline type item your looking for or a plastic collectable type one?

Ill be going past my local figurine store later, ill have a look for you.

Or how aout Forbiding Planet on the south side? Lots of figures in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dancor wrote: »
    Or how aout Forbiding Planet on the south side? Lots of figures in there.

Never thought of those guys, something along the lines of war gaming stuff would be grand. But I'd also like to find at least one ornamental size (indoor) too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

One of the €2/bargain shops on Talbot St has them. It's on the same side as Guiney's, close to the entrance to the Irish Life Mall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You could try that Gaming Centre in the middle of town. I think it's on Jervis Street near the river.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Just off Jervis, it's Liffey St

Across from Pravda though I understand Pravda has a new name now

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Some tattoo shops sell that kind of stuff as a sideline, also you could try marks model's off pearse street, though i didnt see anything like that the last time i was in there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

There's a shop at the end of Mary st, Capel st that does all the swords and what not, maybe the do figures also?

Gonna be doing some amount of walking this weekend I guess!. Thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There's a shop at the end of Mary st, Capel st that does all the swords and what not, maybe the do figures also?

oh yeah that reminds me, that shop is Mullens. theres two Chinese shops down past Mullens on the right hand side of Capel street that sell stuff like this

I wandered into both of them during the summer and they has loads of replica weapons, fans, statues and all that crap. If i was hunting samurai stuff, i'd start there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Gonna be doing some amount of walking this weekend I guess!. Thanks lads.

I seen some excellent Samurai figurines last week. Removable swords, and standing about 10 inches tall. Made from black marble-like material and very heavy.

But, it will be a very long walk for you...it was in a shop in Paphos, Cyprus. :D

If only you'd made this post 2 weeks ago, I could have taken a pic, PM'ed you and asked if you wanted one.

Advertisement