Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Word with Andy Gray

• 16-09-2010 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

As this is a fairly broad spectrum of opinions,does anyone here actually like this show? I have yet to talk to, meet or even hear of anyone who finds it anything other than brutal.

Personally I hate it. I have never seen a show which can take the enjoyment out of watching goals so much.

I would also have Andy Gray imprisioned for no other reason than he hurts my ears when I listen to his co commentary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

its just a glorified excuse for Andy to play with his video toys....badly!

"look ill draw a red arrow here, a blue one there and....no wait....hang on a second...let me just.......ah no its broken....it was a good goal!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Sky have gone over the top with their graphic analysis. I find myself shouting "just show the fcuking highlight and stop arsing around" all too often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I thought he was retiring or something. Never heard of this show :(.

Thread disappoints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Is that the show thats on after Super Sunday? Bad show, I mean its just pointless with all that technology and bloody arrows and dots, just show the video replay and discuss the goals and highlights, simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

The problem is that Andy Gray thinks he's good at analysis. He's not and the gadgets only compound this fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

But this show has been on air for years. Somebody must be watching it as Sky would hardly have a show on with zero viewership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

It impedes la liga coverage - thus it must be shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

redout wrote: »

its scandalous the little amount of time this gets to analyse games, yet the clown gets ages.

annoys the life of me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

redout wrote: »

This is very true, last season we missed the first half of el clasico because of Andy Gray and his stupid replays. This show annoys me to the end of the earth, such a bad show.

What is the story with the huge tv thing he uses, can they not just do it like they on all other analysis shows, i hate sky about as much as i hate George Hook.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The worst thing about it is the way Keys acts like someone who has never seen football before.

Keys - So Andy, why did that defender just let him past him?
    Gray - Well Richard, it's because....

Such an annoying pair. I almost refuse to watch any 'analysis' on sky because of them and their mate Jamie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It really pisses me off that I miss the first half of La Liga because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I find it highly entertaining as a result of its ridiculousness.

Required viewing:

:D

Advertisement