Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 12: "Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" Thread *Spoilers*

• 16-09-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭

The-Ultimate-Fighter-12.jpg

So it started last night in the US. Anyone see it? Thoughts so far?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Seen the first episode i was impressed by Bruce Leroy looks promising.. I think you are able to watch it on http://www.ultimatefighter.com/

As for Joe Duffy
    he was beat in the first round RNC

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

McManus wrote: »
    Seen the first episode i was impressed by Bruce Leroy looks promising.. I think you are able to watch it on http://www.ultimatefighter.com/

As for Joe Duffy
    he was beat in the first round RNC

"sorry episodes are currently not available in your country"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Thought it was a good show ..

The Alaska fella looks good IMO , prob won't win it but looked good along with the Native American wannabe, he looked real good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Always love the 1st episodes , all fight no filler. This one didn't disappoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Cant find first episode online, just watched first fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MVF

Looks like it going to be a great season!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

MVF wrote: »
    Looks like it going to be a great season!!!

Agreed! Looks like a fighter punches another fighter in the house? That means instant dismissal from the show...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Agreed! Looks like a fighter punches another fighter in the house? That means instant dismissal from the show...

Nah, it's definately one of those drunken "I'm the man and can get punched in the chin by anyone in the world, go on, give it a try!" moments!

it's happened on the show before, and it always ends in a sweet KO! :D

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Nah, it's definately one of those drunken "I'm the man and can get punched in the chin by anyone in the world, go on, give it a try!" moments!

Yeah , just look at all the clever editing they did in that montage at the end, Kosh going after the black guy looks good though :D

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah , just look at all the clever editing they did in that montage at the end, Kosh going after the black guy looks good though :D

Hahaha, yeah i was kinda surprised by that! And the guy looks like a big LW so they might be close(ish) in size!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

bruce leeroy looks good, and smiles while fighting :D

anybody see "joseph duffy" fighting? I presume he's irish with the "Dun na Ngall" tatoo on his back :). would be great to have someone to cheer on in the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

sonic.trip wrote: »
    bruce leeroy looks good, and smiles while fighting :D

anybody see "joseph duffy" fighting? I presume he's irish with the "Dun na Ngall" tatoo on his back :). would be great to have someone to cheer on in the house

Hes out now unfortunately :(

Full Duffy fight for anyone whos interested http://www.ultimatefighter.com/fight-videos/tuf-12-joseph-duffy-kyle-watson

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SevenCarPileUp

I know the last season was being shown on setanta a few days later after the us, does anybody know if it will stay this way? I dont have sky sports :(

That guy that got the punch in the house wanted it. Koscheck going after the trainer ,that wasn't a lightweight haha. I actually can't wait for this season to get into gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Some good fights on that first episode and
    GSP getting his prediction wrong and Koscheck calling him on it was pretty funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

can't remember his name, but that dude who ran out with the flying knee at the start of round one was entertaining.. took a battering and still got the win.. Dana was on his feet at the end of that one!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I dont think much of the Amer-Indian guy at all, he has heart for sure but he was very lucky with that RNC.

A few of the fights were really excellent, I'd be happy to PPV for fights of that quality. Bruce Leeroy is great, I like him and I think he will go far. Good to see someone not taking it all that seriously!

The black guy looked VERY good as well as the guy who finished in 13 seconds but who can tell in 13 seconds :)

That northern Alaskan guy...?? I dunno about him, seems a bit of a weirdo and when he said they dont have a coach up there.... I started to wonder about him. Unless he has more then that choke, he's going to get murdered but maybe some coaching might do him the world of good. Looks to be an interesting season.

GSP X-ing the guy out who then went on to dominate was funny but he did call the guillotine from the alaskan bloke too!

DeV.

What did the guy say about his Guillotine? He covers both corotid's at once like an RNC or something. I can't remember how he described it. Native American guy didn't impress me either. You could see Koscheck picking his fighters already by cheering for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭flynny51

That guy that got the punch in the house wanted it. Koscheck going after the trainer ,that wasn't a lightweight haha. I actually can't wait for this season to get into gear.

Certainly won't do MMA's image any favours, having 3 fights outside the octagon aired around the world. Surprised Dana let that be seen at the end of the first show considering his zero tolerance policy with Paul Daley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Actual Paramedic

Where when and what station is been shown on here in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

My favourite bit was GSP's smug look after his guillotine prediction. :cool:

This Bruce Leroy chap has some skills.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6P0k_XCGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

VR46 wrote: »

This Bruce Leroy chap has some skills.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6P0k_XCGM

whats that bloodsport part 2 lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I think I only remember it once. Been a few situations were some prick has got on like that & wanted to be bit(to try & get the other fighter thrown out?) like junie browning with Efrain Escudero. The one I remember was very funny, bloke went on that he was never KO'd then asked another fighter(who was a bigger weight) and he knocked him sparkers :D Always a first...might aswell be on reality tv too :D
    DeVore wrote: »
    GSP X-ing the guy out who then went on to dominate was funny but he did call the guillotine from the alaskan bloke too!
    VR46 wrote: »

I don't like koscheck at all(never have from 1st TUF), but I wouldn't agree that GSP looked smug after his prediction I think he just wanted to show a more professional approach. koscheck looked like a little child running and telling tales to his mummy trying to get the fighter on his side by telling him that GSP X'd him. Fair do's GSP admitted he was wrong and laughed it off. So after he called the choke win he could have made more of it, but he's not the type of bloke who wants to make a big scene to build himself up...he's GSP, he doesn't need to I suppose.

Great 1st episode, can't wait for rest of the season.

Just to add the the general concenus(seems like that) I like BruceLeroy aswell, good to see someone enjoying themselves and having a bit of a laugh aswell. He doesn't seem like a wind up merchant who will trash talk any of his opponents....maybe his happy go lucky smiling ways is enough to wind up his opponents up

DeVore wrote: »

That northern Alaskan guy...?? I dunno about him, seems a bit of a weirdo and when he said they dont have a coach up there.... I started to wonder about him. Unless he has more then that choke, he's going to get murdered but maybe some coaching might do him the world of good. Looks to be an interesting season.

i just checked his record on sherdog, he has 11 wins, 10 by submission, NINE of those by guillotine! :O

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Cody-McKenzie-22173

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Devastator wrote: »
    I don't like koscheck at all(never have from 1st TUF), but I wouldn't agree that GSP looked smug after his prediction I think he just wanted to show a more professional approach. koscheck looked like a little child running and telling tales to his mummy trying to get the fighter on his side by telling him that GSP X'd him. Fair do's GSP admitted he was wrong and laughed it off. So after he called the choke win he could have made more of it, but he's not the type of bloke who wants to make a big scene to build himself up...he's GSP, he doesn't need to I suppose.
    build himself up? just because he called the guillotine before the fight means nothing, well all it means is that he heard that the guy submits people by guillotine! its not as if he weighed up to two fighters and predicted it would happen. not impressive at all.
    GSP to alaskan guy "aww man I called the guillotine before your fight"
    alaskan guy "well yeah i win all my fights by guillotine, so what?"

but the fact that he crossed someone out shows disrespect to him imo, koscheck was fair enough telling everyone he crossed him.
    if anyone came across bad it was GSP, smug is the word.

adamski8 wrote: »
    build himself up? just because he called the guillotine before the fight means nothing, well all it means is that he heard that the guy submits people by guillotine! its not as if he weighed up to two fighters and predicted it would happen. not impressive at all.
    GSP to alaskan guy "aww man I called the guillotine before your fight"
    alaskan guy "well yeah i win all my fights by guillotine, so what?"

but the fact that he crossed someone out shows disrespect to him imo, koscheck was fair enough telling everyone he crossed him.
    if anyone came across bad it was GSP, smug is the word.

wow, you've taken 1 thing I said GSP didn't do and gave me your opinions on why he didn't do it.

Wasn't it DW who was saying about GSP's prediction while GSP just sat and said nothing?

therefore from what your saying GSP was disrespectful but koscheck was not? :confused: even though koscheck couldnt wait to show the fighter his page saying "I picked you"...surely thats disrespectful to the other bloke?

There's a lot of talk about disrespect this and disrespect that!

It's been pretty much proven on many many occasions that Josh koscheck is a disrespectful d1ckhead!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

Biggest surprise for me was probably how well Dana and Koscheck seemd to be getting on. The native american fella was lucky to get the win in my opinion, great heart but sweet damn all else, id be surprised if he goes much further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Devastator wrote: »
    wow, you've taken 1 thing I said GSP didn't do and gave me your opinions on why he didn't do it.

Wasn't it DW who was saying about GSP's prediction while GSP just sat and said nothing?

therefore from what your saying GSP was disrespectful but koscheck was not? confused.gif even though koscheck couldnt wait to show the fighter his page saying "I picked you"...surely thats disrespectful to the other bloke?
    i know you said he didnt do it but you were praising him for not gloating, I was explaining why gloating about it was a silly thing to do anyway because it wasnt impressive.

Second point: the crossing out scene it cuts to the judges DW is looking at GSP's card "DW says "yeah" as i GSP is showing him his pick. And just because he sat there and said nothing means nothing!! he still crossed him out before the fight.
    and yeah he sat there and said nothing because he was wrong.
    Think there is a difference between saying a guy is gonna lose than thinking a guy is going to win.
    There's a lot of talk about disrespect this and disrespect that!

It's been pretty much proven on many many occasions that Josh koscheck is a disrespectful d1ckhead!
    has it?
    i dont think he is disrespectful he just doesnt give respect to everybody he faces, nothing wrong with that
    Biggest surprise for me was probably how well Dana and Koscheck seemd to be getting on. The native american fella was lucky to get the win in my opinion, great heart but sweet damn all else, id be surprised if he goes much further.
    not a surprise for me!
    koscheck seems like a great guy
    • puts on exciting fights
    • never turns down a fight
    • is funny
    • is talented
    • doesnt take **** from anyone
    any press conferences ive seen DW has always taken a shine to koscheck

adamski8 wrote: »
    Second point: the crossing out scene it cuts to the judges DW is looking at GSP's card "DW says "yeah" as i GSP is showing him his pick. And just because he sat there and said nothing means nothing!! he still crossed him out before the fight.
    and yeah he sat there and said nothing because he was wrong.
    Think there is a difference between saying a guy is gonna lose than thinking a guy is going to win.

I never said he sat & said nothing when koscheck was acting the prick shouting about him crossing the fella out. If you read back through the posts I've already said that he admitted to being wrong & laughed at koscheck.

He sat and said nothing when DW was going on about him making the correct pick....you may not see it as impressive, Dana white certainly seemed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Of course GSP is smug, he described himself as "the perfect good guy" at the start of the show :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Really don't like Kos but really really REALLY don't like GSP so i'm rootin for Kos

Funny how the yanks had to have subtitles for the brit lad :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have to say I actually warmed a little to GSP this week, his full metal jacket bit had me in stitches :D

What the hell was that guy thinking, smoking at that level of the game :confused:

Iron Mike shows up next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I laughed when Lentz said that he wouldn't tap out to a choke and then bam that happens in the match. Gotta love the irony of that.

I too like GSP's approach to training as a partner and not a coach as I think it will benefit his team more than Koschek's "mindless" approach. As for letting fighters pick their own fights that could come back to bite him if someone gets cocky and picks an opponent that they not ready for.

Overall a good episode I wonder when the house fight that was at the end of the first episode is going to happen.

• Advertisement

GSPs move at the beginning to write the names down in huge letters was a genius move. Especially since Koscheck fell for it!

I was very unimpressed by Bruce Leeroy and i really dont want to be pulling for him in the show because he is so frustrating to watch..... but i cant help it. He's very personable (at the moment).

Also, yer man Jeff reminds me a lot of Matt Brown.

Cody McKenzie reminds me of the cannibal from The Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

GSP is a classy guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

AARRGGHH that Bruce Leroy loser is through to the next round, he is a pain in the arse. At least we found out who the annoying person is in the house.

To elaborate on my further point.
    Garret-Dillahunt-in-The-Road-2009.JPG
    20100803032147_CodyMcKenzie2.JPG

GSP's tactic was genius. I loved the way Koscheck though he was stealing the guy. I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gsp is by far the better coach already I think. Leroy was far from impressive in that fight, he can count himself quite lucky he didn't end up getting a decision against him because it was heading that way. I dunno if he threw a solid punch in either round....

Mike Tyson???? Really??? Was Toney not embarrassing enough???

So far, what looks in the best shape.... is the house!!!

DeV.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Funny how the yanks had to have subtitles for the brit lad :rolleyes::rolleyes:

probably more helpful if they subtitle GSP at times ;)

GSPs move at the beginning to write the names down in huge letters was a genius move. Especially since Koscheck fell for it!

haha, that was brilliant. I would have been pishin myself....others might see it as GSP being smug :p

How can koscheck really guarantee that by hanging out with him you'll love him....he's a pleb.

Disappointing from Bruce Leroy, I don't think he was anywhere near winning until he got the choke

bit of a damp squib of an episode tbh.. not a great fight.. can't get over lentz smoking, is he for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

unknown13 wrote: »
    AARRGGHH that Bruce Leroy loser is through to the next round, he is a pain in the arse. At least we found out who the annoying person is in the house.

I dont think we need spoiler tags if *Spoilers* are in the headings.

I like Bruce Leroy, personally I found Lentz to be more annoying but by the looks of the next episode Leroy is about to get cocky and rub it in which I don't like at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

did i miss something in the second episode or was the bit wit kos grabbing someone by the throat and some of the fighters punching each other at the house missing?
    i thought it said coming up in the next episode and showed them clips :confused:

did i miss something in the second episode or was the bit wit kos grabbing someone by the throat and some of the fighters punching each other at the house missing?
    i thought it said coming up in the next episode and showed them clips :confused:

Nah, it was "This season... on The Ultimate Fighter"

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmajunkie-TUF_12_Episode_2_Kyle_Watson

Kyle Watson's recap, it's a good read, gives you a bit more insight to the goings on in the house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

as MrStuffins said its "this season" bet you they will build it up like fcuk as usual week after week :)

As for GSP, he was one of my favourite fighters before this and maybe he is being smug when he says "the perfect good guy" but you can't deny he is not, he is a perfect gent. even went up to lentz and said you might have a chance to get back in. he has the perfect strategy for training imo, instead of the usual koscheck and hughes approach of training people into the ground!

as for bruce leeroy, i quite like the way he comes across and can see why people might think he is the annoying one, but he's not as annoying as mittrione in the last TUF or even leben or koshheck!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Really felt for Wilkinson after. He seems like a decent guy and he's a good fighter.

Hope he gets the wildcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheTMO

Bruce Leroy looks like hes a mouthy, cocky so and so but in fairness hes still a kid and I reckon hes acting that way because he thinks its going to make the older people in the house respect him, that and he seems to be drunk.

Also, Wilkinson v Lentz would be an awesome wild card fight. Both stand up brawlers who arent immune to a bit of G&P

• Advertisement
Advertisement