Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 12: "Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Mellor wrote: »
    lol, em no,
    clearly forgeting about
    Forrest v Bonnar - contender for one of the best fights ever plus in terms of growth of UFC over the lst 8 years, this fight is hugely important

Bishop to E4 check mate. The Forest Griffin/ Stephan Bonnar fight was one of the greatest fights I've ever seen in UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

lol, em no,
    clearly forgeting about
    Forrest v Bonnar - contender for one of the best fights ever plus in terms of growth of UFC over the lst 8 years, this fight is hugely important

I think that fight is hugely over rated, the TUF 3 Finale is miles better. It's importance to the UFC has nothing to do with how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I never said it was??? Reading every word helps.

I said it was a great fight. It is. Was voted best ever fight from UFC 1-99.

I also mentioned as a separate point it was important to growth, this was a PLUS and obviously has no impact on good the fight is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The expression on Kos's face after the 1st fight this week is priceless :D

I did NOT expect that to happen at all. 20 seconds! Love that Alaskan guy and how he gets under Koscheck's skin.. The cheekiness of the face touch was ****ing hilarious.

"Now that I think about it...I'm pretty pissed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Delighted for the Alaskan guy, literally leapt of my seat when he sunk it in! That blonde guy looked good too, can't wait to see how they fare in the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh wow, i was like holy **** when i saw Cody sink in that guillotine. During the pre fight training that other dude was constantly told to watch the guillotine and then he goes and gets caught in one 20 seconds in. Hilarious.

The other blonde kid looked good also, although havent seen much from that fight.

The english dude should get the wildcard spot, would be a travesty otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I started this season wanting Kos to win as i really don't like GSP and his nuthugging fans, now i'm beginning to change my mind

Kos has just posted the following on his Twitter

Should I take this to Montreal ? I hear the French canadian's don't like me. http://yfrog.com/n182huj

http://twitter.com/joshkoscheck

Click on the link and it's a picture of a fcukin knife!!!!!

IMO Kos is NOT acting like a prick, he is NOT being a childish bully and he is NOT being a complete and utter bellend :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I watched the Nam Phan (sp?) fight the othernight on Sky Sports. 1st ep I've seen. Have had no interest in TUF in recent seasons.

Kos is coming across as a childish, immature and obnoxious bully and seems to be trying to set that example to his fighters, whereas Georges is humble and classy as always (see his reactions to Hughes' schtick in the diner in the earlier seasons) I think this season could help remind people why GSP became so popular in the 1st place, seeing as he has so much to be arrogant about, and yet he remains humble and respectful. Pity really, as I was starting to like and respect Kos in the last year.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Kos' team really have no option than to lick his balls because of the wildcard.
    Most of them probably think he's a douchebag too.

Also Spike Tv deliberately edit(maybe stage) these things like ever other reality show from America, just to stir things up for the audience.
    i mean, that bit with Kos coming over to the house just so they could give abuse to the people in the garden - ridiculous.

It's a tough old sport though. One mistake and you're finished. Kind of felt sorry for Stevens and Savak.
    (anyone notice the massive Irish head on Stevens? I'd say he's first or second generation Irish American)

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    Kos' team really have no option than to lick his balls because of the wildcard.
    Most of them probably think he's a douchebag too.

Also Spike Tv deliberately edit(maybe stage) these things like ever other reality show from America, just to stir things up for the audience.
    i mean, that bit with Kos coming over to the house just so they could give abuse to the people in the garden - ridiculous.

It's a tough old sport though. One mistake and you're finished. Kind of felt sorry for Stevens and Savak.
    (anyone notice the massive Irish head on Stevens? I'd say he's first or second generation Irish American)

Kos won't have all the say in the Wildcards, Dana & Georgie will have just as much input but i think Wilkinson is the only cert right now.

As for editing, past house mates have said the editing is sometimes pretty sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

That guy Cody is a legend. Was so delighted when I saw them fall to the ground with his arm around his neck...

Not sure which one is mistaken but according to wikipedia not all Cody's wins have been by guillotine.

His first fight ended via TKO with punches apparently.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cody_McKenzie

All his guillotine wins have come in first round too. Sick man. Hard to believe he's only 22. He looks like 10 years older at least. Also hard to believe he fights at lightweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Two superb victories this week. Delighted.

I think Cody could go all the way, that choke is sick. Did anyone else hear him say pedal stool instead of pedestal in the pre fight interview tho?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

OMG that was sick! With all the buildup and the trash talk (I really hate trash talk and running down your opponent) I only just said to myself "I hope Cody guillotines him" and I was dreaming of a 1st round one too.... boom! Wow. I was so happy for the goofy alaskan.

Sorry to see Savak go but the blonde guy has a nice attitude and hell of a lot of skills by the looks of it.

Next week I think the amer-indian guy needs to show he has more than a good war-cry. He didnt impress in the prelims but he might be great, who knows.

but man... go Cody.... loved when he tickled Kos under the chin... LOL, the boys got some stones.

DeV.

With so many top Brazilian MMA fighters can anybody ever recall a Brazilian contestant on TUF?

I'd like to see some on an upcoming serious cos i'm sure there's some serious undiscovered talent down there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Wildcard is announced next week

I think it will be Wilkinson -V- ?. Wilkinson was by far the most impressive loser.

Sorry about this noob question but can the wildcards be from the same team?

I expect so as say Red win again next week that means they only had one loser which would gtd him the wildcard which would seem unfair.
    So yeah for fainress sake it seems the 2 wildcards will come from yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think the guy Lee Roy knocked out should get it, along with Wilkinson.

DeV.

Sorry about this noob question but can the wildcards be from the same team?

They have to be. Spencer Paige won't get sanctioned to fight with a broken hand.

Dev, The thing about the guy is Leroy KO'ed is that what medical suspension would the Nevada State Athletic Commission impose on a fighter who got KO'ed. I think it is a 90 day suspension and TUF only takes 6-8 weeks to film. It is hard to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

You people are mental talking about TUF when the biggest Bellator card of the year is on.

The biggest UFC of the year is on Saturday night / Sunday morning. Also, TBH there is only one good fight on that card. Good and Askren.

unknown13 wrote: »
    The biggest UFC of the year is on Saturday night / Sunday morning. Also, TBH there is only one good fight on that card. Good and Askren.

You're obviously not watching it. Also, the UFC card is only the "biggest" because Brock Lesnar is fighting so a lot of WWF fans will be watching.

If Alvarez wins the main event, he becomes the number 2 lightweight in the world behind Gilbert Melendez. Two of the fighters on this card have represented America in the Olympics. The UFC card only has one championship fight, which will determine the best heavyweight in the promotion which has the second best heavyweight roster behind strikeforce. This is actually a much more relevant event than Saturday's UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Cheers Oh Noes, didn't even realise this was on tonight.

Good card or not its MMA so I'll watch it.

• Advertisement

linkie?

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    You're obviously not watching it. Also, the UFC card is only the "biggest" because Brock Lesnar is fighting so a lot of WWF fans will be watching.

If Alvarez wins the main event, he becomes the number 2 lightweight in the world behind Gilbert Melendez. Two of the fighters on this card have represented America in the Olympics. The UFC card only has one championship fight, which will determine the best heavyweight in the promotion which has the second best heavyweight roster behind strikeforce. This is actually a much more relevant event than Saturday's UFC.
    FFS, I really hate the i'm an MMA fan not a UFC fan attitude.
    Most of us are,
    Belator only has one championship fight too btw

The majority of Belator fights are pretty bad. The top guys are great, but a lot are there to make up the numbers. Some of the fights are terrible in early rounds

edit: to be clear, i'm not talking about the 33 card, which is great. i'm talking about the build up.
    I'm not reading too much on results as its not on for a few hours for me here.

FFS, I really hate the i'm an MMA fan not a UFC fan attitude.
    Most of us are, suggesting UFC is behind strikeforce is lol,

The majority of Belator fights are pretty bad. The top guys are great, but a lot are there to make up the numbers. Some of the fights are terrible in early rounds

I'm a UFC fan too, I only suggested that the UFC's heavyweight division is behind Strikeforce's which is a pretty commonly held view, just look at the pedigree of Strikeforce's HW division compared to UFC. And honestly, I don't think Frankie Edgar matches up to either Alvarez or Melendez. Once you get past the hype machine and actually look at the records of the fighters in question it speaks for itself, I just think it's weird how people would rather talk about the TUF reality tv thing rather than actual top level MMA fights happening in Bellator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    I'm a UFC fan too, I only suggested that the UFC's heavyweight division is behind Strikeforce's which is a pretty commonly held view, just look at the pedigree of Strikeforce's HW division compared to UFC. And honestly, I don't think Frankie Edgar matches up to either Alvarez or Melendez( FIX UR POST,BEFORE U TRY MAKING POINTS ). Once you get past the hype machine and actually look at the records of the fighters in question it speaks for itself, I just think it's weird how people would rather talk about the TUF reality tv thing rather than actual top level MMA fights happening in Bellator.

did you just refer to edgar as a HW?? my god i shall refrian from calling names, see my fix above:p

• Advertisement

The TUF fights happen last week, the belator was happening a few hous ago, so a lot of us (me for example) haven't seen it yet

As for SF's vrs UFC HW div

Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Silva v Lesnar, Velasquez, Dos Santos, Carwin/Mir

It's pretty close. I still rate Fedor as the best ahead of Werdum, was only a freak upset. Overeem has great potential, but has a lot of losses too. I rate the majority of the UFC top 4 ahead of Silva.

Basically, combining the is what we really need as the HW div is clearly split.

Can't believe you guys were having a discussion about UFC vs SF HW and no-one mentioned ROY "BIG COUNTRY" NELSON!

So easily UFC comes out on top on this one!

Can't believe you guys were having a discussion about UFC vs SF HW and no-one mentioned ROY "BIG COUNTRY" NELSON!

So easily UFC comes out on top on this one!

Lol, head like adamantium that guy.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    did you just refer to edgar as a HW?? my god i shall refrian from calling names, see my fix above:p

There's no need for a fix. That little dot is called a full stop and it signifies the end of a sentence. Learn to read.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

scudzilla wrote: »
    With so many top Brazilian MMA fighters can anybody ever recall a Brazilian contestant on TUF?

I'd like to see some on an upcoming serious cos i'm sure there's some serious undiscovered talent down there

I think in the season when mir and nog were coaches there was a brazilian guy,vinny something

He argued with nog in portugese(i almost said brazilian) half way through the season anyway

Jorge Gurgel was on the third series of TUF, there have been a small few Brazilians.

Just noticed there that Jonathan Brookins has fought Jose Aldo! Astonished. He lost by 3rd round TKO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tinglingtree

anybody know a way around watching the videos "not available in your country" i wanna watch the aftermath show and cant stream it or download it anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Just noticed there that Jonathan Brookins has fought Jose Aldo! Astonished. He lost by 3rd round TKO.

longer than most of his opponents , fair fcuks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Yeah brookins is no joke, reckon he'l go far this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Could you good people recommend me which other seasons are the best ones of download.

which are best to download....download being free.....why are you picking? Get 'em all!
    Kos is coming across as a childish, immature and obnoxious bully and seems to be trying to set that example to his fighters, whereas Georges is humble and classy as always (see his reactions to Hughes' schtick in the diner in the earlier seasons) I think this season could help remind people why GSP became so popular in the 1st place, seeing as he has so much to be arrogant about, and yet he remains humble and respectful. Pity really, as I was starting to like and respect Kos in the last year.

GSP gives his views on kos to his team in the latest episode and gives them advice on how to deal with the "Jock" attitude

Devastator wrote: »
    which are best to download....download being free.....why are you picking? Get 'em all!

Man I have bad drinking, video games, and poker addictions!

Won't find the time to watch them all!

It's also interesting to note that Nam Pham has 2 Strikeforces on his resume.

You're right though, I think Brookins could do it. He seems mental in the head too which is always good.

Can't see Michael Johnson getting past the next round.

Also, people are saying Wilkinson for the wildcard. The cameras haven't been on him AT ALL, in fact i forgot he was there.

That loudmouth dude with the bleached hair is getting loads of camera time. Even after Bruce Leeroy beat him he was always in the spotlight. Remember the editing is done after the competition is over so the editors know the winners which is why that dude seems to be getting time.
    Same with Savak. He gets loads of time.

Wonder will Wilko get the boot simply because a) he's English and b) no body seems to understand him.

Remember Spike TV is for the American market. Having an English dude isn't really that good for ratings.

Man I have bad drinking, video games, and poker addictions!

Won't find the time to watch them all!

Getting them all could help with the games and poker

Remember Spike TV is for the American market. Having an English dude isn't really that good for ratings.

Spike have a say in the editing, and how it's show etc, but they don't have any say in the bouts or the actual UFC side of it.

Spike have a say in the editing, and how it's show etc, but they don't have any say in the bouts or the actual UFC side of it.

I know they don't.
    However while they're editing they will know who got the wildcards.

Hence it seems like loudmouth bleachhead got a wildcard as he's been on the camera every episode, even though he lost in the first fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Devastator wrote: »
    GSP gives his views on kos to his team in the latest episode and gives them advice on how to deal with the "Jock" attitude

that was a great speech. I was never much of a GSP fan before this season of TUF, now, the amount of respect I have for the dude is ridiculous. I know who I'd want to be my coach of the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Hence it seems like loudmouth bleachhead got a wildcard as he's been on the camera every episode, even though he lost in the first fight.
    Or theyre just giving them more time because their being loudmouths and that makes better tv?

If that were true then Kimbo would have been brought back....like the preview at the end of every episode that series seemed to suggest :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Roar wrote: »
    that was a great speech. I was never much of a GSP fan before this season of TUF, now, the amount of respect I have for the dude is ridiculous. I know who I'd want to be my coach of the two.

Ya defo seems like a nice guy. The way Koschecks team were acting after one win was really something, trying to get in people's heads. Frigging children they were.

• Advertisement

Ya defo seems like a nice guy. The way Koschecks team were acting after one win was really something, trying to get in people's heads. Frigging children they were.

They was retarded as when Bruce Leeroy was shouting "F him up, F him up!" Sevak and the rest of them went mental as they're "all in the same house" etc.

Lol, then they win one bout and they start all kinds of **** against the red team.

Advertisement