Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 12: "Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Awful last fight to be fair.
    Think they got the wildcards right. That said I really felt for Sevak and Dane, although I really think Dane never had a chance. He offers nothing in offense. Glad that dbag Jeff didn't get it.

Next episode looks great with Koscheck throttling the male nurse! lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

he's a medic remember :P , only reason he does it imo is cause he knows its going to be broken up and makes good tv

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dane was better than anticipated, his opponent (Saiko?) was horrible imho. Wild wild swings in offence, woeful judo for a guy who is supposed to be an olympian and cheated blatantly when being taken down himself.
    Dane lost the fight fair enough, but the other guy didn't win it imho.

I think they got the wildcards right and the mouthy blonde tard didn't get back in, thank fnck.

I think Wilkinson will win but it will be a war. I dunno how much injury he's carrying tho...
    Overall they all have fairly serious holes in their game, except maybe Johnathan. Nam Pham is a dark horse too.

Koscheck seems to just be expanding the borders of Douchedom. His team are douches too and none of them have anything to be high and mighty about. His sh*t with the male nurse thing is just soooo schoolyard its unreal.
    God, I cant wait till GSP just wrecks him.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When the season started i wanted Kos to win, then go on to beat GSP, i've never really been a fan of GSP, i thought Kos was the lesser of the 2 evils.

After watching the season so far though i cringe every time i watch Kos and his childish antics and hope Georgie tears him a new arse when they meet.

Some people may say it's just bad editing, but there's no way on earth they can edit it THAT much!!

Also, did anybody notice Sako's eyebrows, or the middle bit, that was a wax and a half!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

scudzilla wrote: »
    When the season started i wanted Kos to win, then go on to beat GSP, i've never really been a fan of GSP, i thought Kos was the lesser of the 2 evils.

After watching the season so far though i cringe every time i watch Kos and his childish antics and hope Georgie tears him a new arse when they meet.

Some people may say it's just bad editing, but there's no way on earth they can edit it THAT much!!

Also, did anybody notice Sako's eyebrows, or the middle bit, that was a wax and a half!!

+1000 Koscheck comes across as such a meathead:(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, very weird eyebrows hahah...

Editing can change the context if its fast or snappy but you cant edit IN stuff. if it looks like a douche and it walks and talks like a douche..... its Koscheck. :p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

DeVore wrote: »
    Dane was better than anticipated, his opponent (Saiko?) was horrible imho. Wild wild swings in offence, woeful judo for a guy who is supposed to be an olympian and cheated blatantly when being taken down himself.
    Dane lost the fight fair enough, but the other guy didn't win it imho.

I think they got the wildcards right and the mouthy blonde tard didn't get back in, thank fnck.

I think Wilkinson will win but it will be a war. I dunno how much injury he's carrying tho...
    Overall they all have fairly serious holes in their game, except maybe Johnathan. Nam Pham is a dark horse too.

Koscheck seems to just be expanding the borders of Douchedom. His team are douches too and none of them have anything to be high and mighty about. His sh*t with the male nurse thing is just soooo schoolyard its unreal.
    God, I cant wait till GSP just wrecks him.

DeV.

Dana = Vince Mc Mahon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

and cheated blatantly when being taken down himself.

Twice!! I am disappointed that there wasn't a point taken from him.

I think that Dane guy could be a great fighter. Not sure about how long he has been fighting but from what I gathered it wasn't very long. I'm glad the English lad got back through the wildcard, he seems like an intelligent guy compared to the rest of team Koscheck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

how did he not get a point taken off for grabbing the fence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Koscheck seems to just be expanding the borders of Douchedom. His team are douches too and none of them have anything to be high and mighty about.

DO you think that Koschek picked mostly guys that were like him, while GSP picked the guys with class(Bruce Leroy excepting), or is it a case of fighters taking the lead from their coaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

TechnoPool wrote: »
    how did he not get a point taken off for grabbing the fence

Twice, and for a few seconds too, he had him down otherwise. Should have deffo been a point deducted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Tones69 wrote: »
    Twice, and for a few seconds too, he had him down otherwise. Should have deffo been a point deducted

Cheik Congo pulled his opponents shorts about 6 times at UFC 120 and only got 1 point deducted, it depends on the ref.

dunkamania wrote: »
    DO you think that Koschek picked mostly guys that were like him, while GSP picked the guys with class(Bruce Leroy excepting), or is it a case of fighters taking the lead from their coaches.

They had to lick Koscheck's balls cause of the wildcard.
    They obviously wanted Kos on their side there when he talks to Dana.

Watching Sevak massaging Kos at the baseball game was pretty disturbing tbh.
    In the (quick) segment with Dana and GSP about the wildcard Sevak's name wasn't even mentioned. Wonder had the massage anything to do with it?

Yeah Sevak annoyed me during that episode. Sako didn't really impress me at all. Dane must've improved his wrestling ten fold under GSP. Not much striking going down at all. The line Jean-Charles told Dane is repeated to me every time I have a fight I was like wtf!
    What's the bets on an injury in the next round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah Sevak annoyed me during that episode. Sako didn't really impress me at all. Dane must've improved his wrestling ten fold under GSP. Not much striking going down at all. The link Jean-Charles told Dane is repeated to me every time I have a fight I was like wtf!
    What's the bets on an injury in the next round?

Good point, no real injuries at all this season which is pretty good.

I'll always remember the Hughes/Serra season where Hughes's guys were dropping like flies, IMO due to his training

Oh yeah, must say that I warmed a bit more to that "drunken" French guy, Jean-Charles. Seems like a loon but he also seemed genuinely supportive of Dane.

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'll always remember the Hughes/Serra season where Hughes's guys were dropping like flies, IMO due to his training

Even last season. Tito's guys were dropping left and right.
    Koscheck's training is rough too so we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

dunkamania wrote: »

I don't think he would have picked them, but IMO they are taking a lead from him and trying to keep on his good side.
    jayteecork wrote: »
    In the (quick) segment with Dana and GSP about the wildcard Sevak's name wasn't even mentioned. Wonder had the massage anything to do with it?

Maybe he didn't give him a happy ending :p

GSP shows his class again when after getting embarrassed in the coaches challenge he went over said well done and shook koschecks hand....to which koscheck responded by saying "You better get used to losing George"

:rolleyes: in that 2 second clip probably just summed up both these guys.

Watching TUF season 1.

Koscheck thinks of himself as an "alpha male" etc but all he's done so far in the 5 episodes is lick Chuck Liddell's balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Watching TUF season 1.

Koscheck thinks of himself as an "alpha male" etc but all he's done so far in the 5 episodes is lick Chuck Liddell's balls.

if this is the first time you're watching TUF 1, i'd imagine it will be weird to watch the guys you've been watching n the UFC for so long being so young in age and skill.

Also, you'll notice how little they actually feature Forrest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

anybody know a way around watching the videos "not available in your country" i wanna watch the aftermath show and cant stream it or download it anywhere

download tor and mgeni, you can get a US ip and watch it that way. check this post out to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...1&postcount=99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

just caught up on episodes 05 and 06 there. WOW was delighted for that cody guy,that guillotine was class. And didnt like that savak guy so was chuffed for the other dude :D just about to watch episode 07 now!

GSP is th man, koscheck is a complete and utter knob!

@jayteecork, I've downloaded an watched them all, they are all pretty good but my favourite was the one with forest griffin, think its season 2 :) also the one were matt hughes is the coach is good cause he was such a dick to the fighters in it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

sonic.trip wrote: »
    @jayteecork, I've downloaded an watched them all, they are all pretty good but my favourite was the one with forest griffin, think its season 2 :) also the one were matt hughes is the coach is good cause he was such a dick to the fighters in it!!

season 1 :)

Devastator wrote: »
    season 1 :)

Was i the only one who noticed Bruce Buffer call Diego Sanchez "The Ultimate Fighter Season 2 Winner" at the last event?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Was i the only one who noticed Bruce Buffer call Diego Sanchez "The Ultimate Fighter Season 2 Winner" at the last event?

Nope, he did call Diego that.

Am I only one that thinks the Griffin/Bonnar fight is overrated.

Fromvert wrote: »

No. I'm usually too afraid to say it here. I admire your bravery sir.:pac:

Perhaps if you've watched it for the first time many years after the event.

But i remember watching the original Ultimate Fighter series on Bravo and watching the finale, and after watchng these guys in the house for so long and then for them to battle like that, i don't think i've ever been more excited and animated during a fight.

I was completely stunned when i was watching that fight! and when i watch it now it brings back the feeling!

sonic.trip wrote: »
    download tor and mgeni, you can get a US ip and watch it that way. check this post out to: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...1&postcount=99

not sure if its just my laptop but that link appears to be broken

• Advertisement

Season 1 is seriously friggin awesome.

The stuff that went down after their night out in Vegas was legendary - Koscheck soaking Chris Leben with a hose after he went to sleep in the garden. lol.

Also, what the hell is Chuck up to here lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr1VF70-2R4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Lookin back now yeah maybe ud feel that way but if u watched it for the first time back then it was class, didnt see too many fights like it and they gave it every single last bit they had

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

Does anyone know where on the web i can find Koscheck having an altercation with a guy off team GSP? i seen a small clip on youtube but cannot find full preview on TUF 12
    Lookin back now yeah maybe ud feel that way but if u watched it for the first time back then it was class, didnt see too many fights like it and they gave it every single last bit they had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I watched it back then when it was first shown on Bravo and I remember it being great but most fights are always better when you watch them first. Thats why I like watching them a couple of times as the really good fights stand up just as well as the first time I watched them.

Episode 9

Poor fight:
    Wilkinson won with a guillotine in rnd2

Koscheck came out with some beautys in this episode aswell haha, he's been shown to be quite immature in this season of TUF even more so than the 1st season.

Sorry OT but I finished season 1.

Great series. My respect for Koscheck actually went up seeing him.

He's a great fighter and I thought he was robbed against Diego Sanchez.

By the way anyone know where I can find the prelimanaries to the season 1 finale when the housemates squared off in grudge matches.

The finale I watched only had the finals and Shamrock vs Franklin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

That nurse completely destroyed Koscheck in the slagging match. I was breaking my arse laughing when he kept doing the "fake a knee" thing and re-enacting Koscheck's antics in the Daley fight. You can tell it really got to Koscheck too, especially seeing how he just attacked the guy. And Fair play to the guy for fighting back and holding his ground against a professional fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Have to say I never liked Kos since the 1st series, total immature bully and it is coming out again in TUF12.
    IMO people like him are bad for the sport (from the publicity point of view anyway). Would he have used his skills to beat the medic to a pulp if it hadn't been broken up?
    He was talking to Sako about this sport being good for dicipline etc last week and it seems to me that he is putting on a show trying to come across as nicer than he is (but then he forgets and his true chracter comes out).
    On the plus side for the sport it will be great to see him get a good beating from GSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Fight Spoiler:
    Wilkinson wins by Guillotine in the second round after getting smashed in the first
    Koscheck has a right to be pissed off with the match ups for his team,

unknown13 wrote: »
    Koscheck has a right to be pissed off with the match ups for his team,

I agree. GSP was crafty with that one I think. Especially having his number 1 guy fighting him. Leeroy-Pham would've been good. I wonder if Cody McKenzie will actually get by just on guillotine chokes :pac:
    I think the whole Dane thing just showed how young the guy is and how responsible he was to walk outside the room after the Koscheck incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I loved the cut to the interview straight away after the tap "Apparently I need to work on my guillotine defence" :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Kosh is a professional he should be able to deal with some light slagging, what a douchey American frat boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

That Sevak guy is really annoying me last week at the coaches challenge he was a total arsehole. In the latest episode did I hear him say to the male nurse when he was having row with Kos ''have you ever been cut''?. Cant wait for Gsp vs Kos hopefully Gsp will hand down a lesson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Koscheck makes for entertaining tv though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

mdwexford wrote: »
    Koscheck makes for entertaining tv though.

"SOB give me back my plunger" - quote of the season so far!

mmaniac wrote: »
    ...Cant wait for Gsp vs Kos hopefully Gsp will hand down a lesson.

GSP will kick his ass. Kos really doesn't stand a chance. GSP is training so hard, every episode you can see how hard he trains. Kos is just a joker.

Enteraining but still a joker. :)

The match-ups for the quarters are decent too. Kos is all like GSP is the champion so he gets this and that, wha wha. Grow up!!

Can anybody recommend another UF season? I started watching at season 11. A few talked about season 1 which I will download now. Any other ones?

mmaniac wrote: »
    That Sevak guy is really annoying me last week at the coaches challenge he was a total arsehole. In the latest episode did I hear him say to the male nurse when he was having row with Kos ''have you ever been cut''?

I hate to say it but there seems to be something wrong with Armenians in general.

There's a guy on season 5 who's the most disturbingly aggressive individual I've seen on TV. Even Nate Diaz was shocked by the guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

I hate to say it but there seems to be something wrong with Armenians in general.

There's a guy on season 5 who's the most disturbingly aggressive individual I've seen on TV. Even Nate Diaz was shocked by the guy!

You're basing your opinion on a whole nationality on 2 young fighters you saw on a reality tv show who haven't lived in their country for in the last 10 years?? So are you a leprechaun who gets chased for his lucky charms? Or are you an alcoholic who fights all day then gets home & fights some more? Nothing like stereotyping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Can anybody recommend another UF season? I started watching at season 11. A few talked about season 1 which I will download now. Any other ones?

Not sure if it's any good or not (maybe someone can tell me), but series 8 is starting next Wednesday night on ESPN classic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement