Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 12: "Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Username37

mmaniac wrote: »
    That Sevak guy is really annoying me last week at the coaches challenge he was a total arsehole. In the latest episode did I hear him say to the male nurse when he was having row with Kos ''have you ever been cut''?. Cant wait for Gsp vs Kos hopefully Gsp will hand down a lesson.

Its not the first time hes made reference to stabbing someone on the season so far either.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jimbo32123

where do you guys watch it?? i only see it on sky sports on tuesdays or watever nite it is!!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You know, while wilkinson did get beat up in the first, I thought he showed heart and cardio. He should have come out storming in the second but he was always going to win it imho. How in God's name are supposedly pro fighters not able to fight one round without gassing. Thats nuts...

The match ups look good. I've lost a lot of respect for Bruce Lee Roy, I thought he would be a light hearted fun guy but he's an arrogant d*ck who has very little to brag about. I predict he gets run through by Mike but I guess it could be an upset as Mike showed holes in his game imho in his last fight. Still, Mike by GnP is my call.

Looking forward to the others, particularly in seeing what else Cody has apart from that guillotine! He could be awesome, the worlds greatest fighter for all we know hahahah (though I suspect not).

I hope Sevak and Sayko get knocked out, for some reason I dont like either of them. Wilkinson needs to get some ground game or he wont be getting much further too. Johnathan would match his standup and beat him on the ground for example.... still, worth watching just for the subtitles :)

Dane had every right to be angry and Koscheck was totally out of line, even when apologising he basically blamed Dane when it was clear Dane was just trying to break it up. Koscheck really cant get any more annoying or jock-bully-like imho. What. A. Douche.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'm calling it right now: Jonathan Brookins or Mike Johnson to win this thing. More so Brookins I think, I was very impressed with him above all the other fighters that got to the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

jimbo32123 wrote: »
    where do you guys watch it?? i only see it on sky sports on tuesdays or watever nite it is!!

This is where I'm watching it man
    http://beta.sidereel.com/The_Ultimate_Fighter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Can anybody recommend another UF season? I started watching at season 11. A few talked about season 1 which I will download now. Any other ones?
    Season 1 is good, a lot of the guys went on to be big names in the UFC, season 2 is similar. The format for the show was a little different then though, they had to do challenges and fighters went home after they lost their fights.
    Season 4 is good because it was the comeback one, they gave fighters who already fought in the UFC a chance to come back. Was an interesting season as they were a lot of the older more seasoned guys with interesting histories.
    Really though most of the seasons are worth watching, I think the UFC lets you watch all the older seasons on their site? You used to be able to anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Koscheck came out with some beautys in this episode aswell haha, he's been shown to be quite mature in this season of TUF even more so than the 1st season.

WTF? I must be watching the wrong show :eek:
    GSP was crafty with that one I think. Especially having his number 1 guy fighting him. Leeroy-Pham would've been good. I wonder if Cody McKenzie will actually get by just on guillotine chokes :pac:
    I think the whole Dane thing just showed how young the guy is and how responsible he was to walk outside the room after the Koscheck incident.

Crafty, possibly. I thought his team were treated unfairly over the wild card picks(IMO should have been 1 from each team), so maybe DW was trying to even the score. He is their coach, so who else would be better qualified to say who would match up.

I thought the whole koscheck Vs the medic bloke was complete nonsense. It just looked so staged when they were both giggling like school girls and playing around with a plunger. I reckon that whole thing was staged, from the reaction to the wee red haired fella I doubt the TUF competitors knew but think the coaches were all in on it.....exciting viewing eh :confused:
    jayteecork wrote: »
    I hate to say it but there seems to be something wrong with Armenians in general.

There's a guy on season 5 who's the most disturbingly aggressive individual I've seen on TV. Even Nate Diaz was shocked by the guy!

Manny Gamburian(sp?)? :confused: I didn't think he was overly agressive, especially when his mate(Diaz) and his cousin(Karo) were nearly going at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

ya you used to be able to watch them for a few weeks but they stopped it, if you try watch it now it says its unavailable in you country, i watch it on alluc.org
    i fancy brookins aswell for the season, i thought micheal johnson was going to be class but i wasn't impressed with him in his last fight, nobody else in the house looks good enough to be a pro fighter.
    On another note i hate kos and hopes GSP beats the s**t out of him, he's possibly the most annoying human being on the planet

http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/11/04/josh-koscheck-might-not-be-who-you-think-he-is/

Serious editing going on, what REALLY happened with the medic and Koscheck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Some of the episode looked like Jersey Shore clips and the fight wasn't fantastic. However, some of the fights coming up have the potential to be classics. Cody and Pnam are probably my favourite fighters from what I've seen so far- should be a great fight. Rooting for Cody in that one, don't think Sean Sherk would even be able to break out of the guillotine on that guy(referring to his last fight where he got out of about 5 really tight guillotines). Johnson and Leroy should be good too as they hate each other. Leeroy has potential even though he is very immature and if it stays standing he has a decent chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Right so who's yer picks for the 1/4'ers
    M. Johnson
    Nam Phan
    Brookins ( and to win it )
    Wilkinson

for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Username37 wrote: »
    http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/11/04/josh-koscheck-might-not-be-who-you-think-he-is/

Would have to think that is all for the cameras, for one : if he is going to be a big man etc and apologise, then we will see that. He doesn't have to keep mentioning how big it is of him to come in and make a half-baked apology.

Also isn't Kos taking the mick out of the way GSP talks and doing his robot impressions?
    kos is being shown up for the person he really is and he has probably realised that by now and is attempting damage limitation to his character.
    Imo too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Right so who's yer picks for the 1/4'ers
    M. Johnson
    Nam Phan
    Brookins ( and to win it )
    Wilkinson

for me
    Think Watson may beat Wilkinson. That is a 50/50 fight. Johnson will treat Leeroy like a rag doll. I like Nam over Cody. Doesn't Sako have the Judo experience, if so Brookins may be in a bit of trouble.

Also, I think if Brookins and Johnson get through along with Watson they would want to avoid Watson because of his superior ground game. He has the best ground game on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Johnston might beat Leeroy but he's too one-dimension to progress further than that. Leeroy might choke Mike out. Cody looks like he will go far, thats if he can take a few hits.
    English will go through and Brookins too. Dane should have been picked as a wild card for sure.

That's my take anyway.

lads theres no need for spoilers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

lads theres no need for spoilers

I would rather the spoilers tbh. I watch on Sky on a Tues night. It's a week or two behind. It's showing the wildcard fight this week.

edit. I realize now you were saying no need for spoilers in the lads predictions, sorry.

people still give out like kids even though the read a spoiler thread before they watch the show and see a result:rolleyes:

use em just to avoid any hissy fits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

Devastator wrote: »
    WTF? I must be watching the wrong show :eek:

Sorry meant to say immature, just a typo :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

lads all the drama is as staged as anything. Its all a bit WWE. Koscheck is just playing the bad guy like dana probably wants. Not to look perfect like GSP.
    Funny to hear Josh being booed at the last UFC. Why? because he made fun of GSP a bit? Please! I do respect him for being able to wind up the fans so much and in turn probably increase the amount of people paying to watch him fight.

Brookins
    M.Johnson
    McKenzie
    Watson

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thought Wilkinson was poor against Stevens.

My picks:
    Johnson.
    Cody
    Brookins
    Watson.

Business as usual for Brookins.

Cody gased bad. Good performance from Nam though, he stuck to the plan and I thought he might have locked in a guillotine himself a few times in round 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Nam seems to be well rounded and will be a tough fight for any one.
    Kos reaffirmed any doubts about him being a knob:D

Brookins makes it look pretty effortless, better watch his back in the house in case the two boys gang up on him. Sako doesnt come across near as bad as the Sevak though.

Saw some of Bruce Leroys back-yard fights and he seems fearless and can take a beating so don't think Johnson will be able to intimidate him. Could pull off a triangle after taking a bit of gnp.

Matt Hughes bjj coach is not a great match up for English, could be an early take down and a dominating performance from the top or sub I'd imagine.

Cant wait for next one:D

That guy Watson is the bulb off Gray Maynard when you take away Kyle's beard.

KyleWatson_display_image.jpg?1288580043
    gray_maynard_500x325_odopod.png

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Just noticed that Greg Loughran has beaten Brookins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Brookins

ollieo wrote: »
    Just noticed that Greg Loughran has beaten Brookins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Brookins

His first pro bout was against Allen Burube aka Lobster!

Remember he got kicked out of TUF 5 by Dana along with the two lads who had a scrap out the back.

allen-monstah-berube.jpg?d=600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Brookins did look very good. He didn't get hit once. He seems like a very well adjusted guy too and I am sure that he'll go far in the UFC whether he gets the contract or not, but he looks like the clear favourite to win it now.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Brookins did look very good. He didn't get hit once. He seems like a very well adjusted guy too and I am sure that he'll go far in the UFC whether he gets the contract or not, but he looks like the clear favourite to win it now.

I guess that's one way of looking at his personality lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2 great fights this week.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Brookins fight SHOULD have clicked with Kos that his approach of telling the guys what to do in training without really teaching them *why* is simply not working. They keep going in and reverting to what they are used to... first Cody's guillotine and then this week Sako giving his back almost immediately to Brookins.
    Kos is just a terrible coach imho.

I was sorry to see Cody lose but he has to find something more then a great guillotine, his hands were horrible but I also said at the start that I liked Nam Pham as I think his work ethic is great. Could it be him and Brookins in the final?

KOS shows his true class? *check*

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Brookins fight SHOULD have clicked with Kos that his approach of telling the guys what to do in training without really teaching them *why* is simply not working. They keep going in and reverting to what they are used to... first Cody's guillotine and then this week Sako giving his back almost immediately to Brookins.
    Kos is just a terrible coach imho.

DeV.

He didn't do a bad job coaching Nam did he?

I think Nam arrived at the house with everything he needed to win including a decent work ethic. :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I can easily see a Brookins / Nam final. Johnson (when he beats the s**t out of Leeroy) and Brookins would want to avoid Watson (if he wins).

DeVore wrote: »
    I think Nam arrived at the house with everything he needed to win including a decent work ethic. :)

DeV.

Nice safe answer right there. :pac:

Um, I honestly thought that was a fair answer to your question. I don't think kos had much to do with Nam Pham winning because I think he was a well rounded fighter in the first place.

Compare the job kos did with an already excellent fighter to the job gsp did with a technical poor fighter. Cody won the first round and stimied Nam. Did kos teach nam to have a better gas tank? Or Cody to only have one round in him? Or did years of Nam training with his father and grandfather do that?

So how now that I have given you a straight answer, how about you give me a straight question?? :)

Are you saying you think kos's approach of Shut Up and Do As I Say is working??

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I think it's fair to say that if Cody had the ethic of Nam (a result being the same levels of stamina/fitness) then Cody could/would have won that fight.

First round was cody's because he followed GSP's gameplan, the only reason he moved away from that game plan was because he got gasses, when he wasn't leaning on him Cody looked like terrible. While he talks about being unorthodox etc, its clear that the way he is throwing his punches there is never going to be any decent power behind them.

I'm not saying Kos is a better coach than GSP, but I think calling him a bad coach is a bit much. The training he gave Nam and Sako in the last episode was pretty solid. Nam- avoid guillotine, and Sako- don't give up your back. If Sako would of listened it might have ended differently. He is a cocky arsehole no doubt, but I don't think his coaching is as bad as people make out. He's a coaching God compared to Shamrock and Rampage:pac:

He tells them what to do but he doesnt educate them or want to educate them. He said at the start and several times since that all they have to do is do what he tells them. GSP explains *why* and its shows in his fighters, they have all improved while I dont see any great change in Kos's. perhaps calling him a "bad coach" is a bit harsh but he's certainly not a *good* one!

Phams hands looked good, Shoutman I agree with you on Codys punches, they didnt look like they were strong... I guess "orthodox" became orthodox for a reason :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I am going to go out on a limb and say Nam doesn't make the finals. GSP's game-plan for Cody was very well thought out and has essentially written the blueprint for beating Nam. Out-wrestle him, put him into the cage, and rough him up. I was surprised how ineffective he was in the first round, against a far inferior opponent.

Looking forward to Leroy vs Johnson, think Johnson is going to smash him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

dunkamania wrote: »
    I am going to go out on a limb and say Nam doesn't make the finals. GSP's game-plan for Cody was very well thought out and has essentially written the blueprint for beating Nam. Out-wrestle him, put him into the cage, and rough him up. I was surprised how ineffective he was in the first round, against a far inferior opponent.

Looking forward to Leroy vs Johnson, think Johnson is going to smash him.

agreed, i think nam is very overrated. his fights so far have been a testament to his cardio.

his last opponant(lad who broke his hand) was working his game plan effectivly and winning,until his hand broke. and cody who is probably the weakest member in terms of strength, was pinning him down and nullifying his game plan completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think GSP had a good plan in theory, but the constant take down attempts seemed to completely gas cody. I wonder would he have gassed if he had stayed standing and trading with Nam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I liked that cody bloke, pity he gassed in round 2. I don't think nam will make it to the finals though. Also, never liked the other chap on Koschecks team so glad the got choked out :D

Team koscheck are such dicks when they win, shouting like spanners every time. oh yeah and I'll say this AGAIN, koscheck is the biggest knob in the world, can;t wait for GSP to knock him out in round 1 :o

GSP plan has holes because he should know Cody's cardio by now. IF GSP's plan was to keep him on the cage for 2 rounds then he should have known Cody didn't have the gas.

Also, GSP giving advice on dating Arianny Celeste, class.

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Georges-St-Pierre-gives-a-short-dating-advice

By the way anyone seen Arianny's playboy pics? I can upload them on request.

GSP plan has holes because he should know Cody's cardio by now. IF GSP's plan was to keep him on the cage for 2 rounds then he should have known Cody didn't have the gas.

Also, GSP giving advice on dating Arianny Celeste, class.

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Georges-St-Pierre-gives-a-short-dating-advice

By the way anyone seen Arianny's playboy pics? I can upload them on request.

sure ill have a look at them had forgotten haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

TechnoPool wrote: »
    sure ill have a look at them had forgotten haha

wouldn't say no jaytee,

forgot about that myself. they sure did plug it enough on the last UFC :D

that video is gas, GSP is the man!!

• Advertisement

Better get the all clear from a mod before I post here, otherwise I'll pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Has anybody seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6P0k_XCGM

No gloves. It seems that Leeroy is no stranger to a good scrap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Its not that GSP's plan had holes in it, he was coaching a far inferior fighter, against a well rounded opponent, and gave him the strategy that would most likely lead to victory. Cody beating Nam was very unlikely given that everyone is aware of the mckenzietine by now. Still he did alot better than expected.

With regards to the Arianny playboy pictorials, they are copyrighted materials, and as such will be deleted (plus infractions) if posted. The last thing I need is a call from DW

“What kind of scumbag are you?” White asked angrily, before opening fire with a series of insults punctuated by his trademark f-bombs. He then closed up the conversation by saying, “I’m going to f*ck you up worse than you’ve ever been f*cked before,” and hung up.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Has anybody seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6P0k_XCGM

No gloves. It seems that Leeroy is no stranger to a good scrap.

Anyone know if there's fights like that in the Cork area?!!:)
    would love to attend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Anyone know if there's fights like that in the Cork area?!!:)
    would love to attend them.

Stand outside Hillbilly's any night of the week :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement