Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 12: "Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

jayteecork wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's fights like that in the Cork area?!!:)
    would love to attend them.

ask the nackers

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

TechnoPool wrote: »
    ask the nackers

Something like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDrd4TyXOG4&has_verified=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Has anybody seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6P0k_XCGM

No gloves. It seems that Leeroy is no stranger to a good scrap.
    shows a bit of toughness i didnt think bruce lee roy had, still hope he gets beaten though for being so annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Saw some of Bruce Leroys back-yard fights and he seems fearless and can take a beating so don't think Johnson will be able to intimidate him. Could pull off a triangle after taking a bit of gnp.
    :D
    :rolleyes:we'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

:rolleyes:we'll see
    i think johnson might be a bit more intimidating than some back yard brawlers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Has anybody seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ6P0k_XCGM

No gloves. It seems that Leeroy is no stranger to a good scrap.

I think i figured out where his back injury originated.

i think johnson might be a bit more intimidating than some back yard brawlers :)

Yeah Leeroy just thinks he's a badass. That's his problem. I think he could cause some problems to Johnson but Johnson has the upperhand in the technique aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Enjoyed that episode, Spoilers below*****

English needs to work on his ground game, was neutralised very early.

The other fight was entertaining and Johnsons superior strength and wrestling were the difference.Take downs won it for him.
    Kos as ever was a knob! (can you imagine if he actually beats GSP:eek: we'll never hear the end of it).

Its obvious who they want in the final, wonder if it will work out as planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Am i remembering correctly? At the start of the season in the trailers didn't we see a housemate get KO'd???

And i don't think we've seen the end of Wilkinson, he's sure gonna be given a contract, if only to have another British fighter filling the under card on the sub standard events that seem to be a regular occurence over here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

scudzilla wrote: »
    Am i remembering correctly? At the start of the season in the trailers didn't we see a housemate get KO'd???

indeed the blode chap who corned leeroy punches someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

And i don't think we've seen the end of Wilkinson, he's sure gonna be given a contract, if only to have another British fighter filling the under card on the sub standard events that seem to be a regular occurence over here now

Dont know if theyl give him a contract after that second performance after getting back into the house but ya never know, we'l see :) hard to compete with the americans in terms of ground control etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

Enjoyed that episode, Johnson vs Caceres was really entertaining and was nice to see them earn each others respect in that fight.

Without wanting to give too much away (anyone who didnt watch the episode yet) I have a question as an MMA newbie. One of the coach was shouting at 1 of the fighters not to tap when he was caught in a choke, to me that seems a bit dangerous, or am I just overreacting?

I cringe everytime I hear words come out of Koschecks mouth, I really hope GSP beats him and beats him good when they fight!!!

Enjoyed that episode, Johnson vs Caceres was really entertaining and was nice to see them earn each others respect in that fight.

Without wanting to give too much away (anyone who didnt watch the episode yet) I have a question as an MMA newbie. One of the coach was shouting at 1 of the fighters not to tap when he was caught in a choke, to me that seems a bit dangerous, or am I just overreacting?

I cringe everytime I hear words come out of Koschecks mouth, I really hope GSP beats him and beats him good when they fight!!!

The coach who was shouting not to tap was Koscheck, the biggest gobshiite this side of Mars so don't read too much into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

The coach who was shouting not to tap was Koscheck, the biggest gobshiite this side of Mars so don't read too much into it.

I knew it was Koscheck, so am I right in thinking that shouting at your fighter not to tap is not the done thing and a bit dangerous when their in a choke hold?

Was really hoping Leeroy would beat Johnson.

Last thing this sport needs is another Rashad Evans who just takes his opponent down then does nothing.

BTW what was with the trailer for next week? Really looked like Brookins was dominating Watson and same for Nam Phan. very bad spoilers if so.

I think Leeroy will definitely get a fight or two in the UFC. Dana absolutely loves the guy!

TUF that I have seen fully (1&5) nearly all the lads got a shot at some stage or another, unless you really really pissed off Dana. (and even then you might, the guy that got booted in s05 for not making weight(Gabe Ruediger) just got a 4 fight deal)

I knew it was Koscheck, so am I right in thinking that shouting at your fighter not to tap is not the done thing and a bit dangerous when their in a choke hold?

Koscheck is so pee'd off with all the jiu jitsu guys choking out his team so he just didn't want him to lose by submission. It's fun to read the thread and everyone has the same opinion of Koscheck even after the unedited video was released about him. The editing is catching you guys out. Kos isn't like that at all he is right to say about Dana catering to GSP. The fight to me wasn't entertaining at all. It was Johnson out striking Caceres and then taking him down when he wanted. Don't like Nam as a person but I think he could take Johnson. Brookins won't be able to use his trademark rear-naked against Watson, I'm sure Watson will be able to negate his Jiu Jitsu but I reckon Brookins will take it.
    People here have to realise Dana is playing the pro wrestling card by using Koscheck as the classic heel and GSP as the babyface. Whereas GSP is being sly and underhand and Koscheck is just having one or two over featured immature moments.
    Great move by GSP bringning Freddy Roach in. That makes John Danahan: Black belts go to him to learn Jiu Jitsu (He thought Joe D'Arce the D'Arce Choke!) . Jean-Charles Skarbowsky: Muay Thai expert, Freddie Roach: Boxing Legend and Greg Jackson: Strategist :pac:

I too would like to see the clip of the guy being knocked out in the house.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Koschek is having more than "one or two over featured immature moments"! He's had 1 or 2 every episode at least!

How is GSP being sly or underhand?! What, by out strategising his opponent at every move? Everyone saw what happened in the meeting for the quarters, the two guys picked each other and GSP said at the very start that he would let fighters pick their fights. Everyone wanted that fight to happen, except Kos who wanted an easier fight for his boy.

Nam Pham will win against Johnson imho because he is a better striker and if you watch that episode again you will see that Johnson really badly covered up when he was getting hit. He looked like a tortoise at one point. Only today my coach was teaching me not to do that and I'm a beginner! If he does that against Pham, he'll get dissected.

Leeroy was very good on the bottom, he kept trying to escape and limit damage which was good. If Pham can do the same, he's going to capitalise much better than Leeroy did in the stand up. Johnson has one half of GnP down. But you cant finish a fight by smoothering the guy, he needs a route to victory because his stand up really isnt good enough. He should have ended Leeroy and he didnt. Pham will be much harder to stand with.

Brookins and Watson will be a great fight. Brookins standup hasnt really been seen yet. Both are good on the ground (Watson was masterful against Wilkinson imho) and the winner of that will probably win the final. In fact, it really should have been the final.

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Koschek is having more than "one or two over featured immature moments"! He's had 1 or 2 every episode at least!
    I assume you saw the unedited version of events with the the paramedic? I think Koscheck is being played up into being the bad guy when really he's actually not half as bad as they make him seem.
    How is GSP being sly or underhand?! What, by out strategising his opponent at every move? Everyone saw what happened in the meeting for the quarters, the two guys picked each other and GSP said at the very start that he would let fighters pick their fights. Everyone wanted that fight to happen, except Kos who wanted an easier fight for his boy.

You could call it strategy but the fact is he has Dana in his pocket. GSP effectively took out the weakest link of his team while getting a stronger member through comfortably. Both Nam Pham and Wilkinson would comfortably beat Leeroy so GSP basically fed him to his first pick.
    Nam Pham will win against Johnson imho because he is a better striker and if you watch that episode again you will see that Johnson really badly covered up when he was getting hit.
    Johnson will neutralise the striking with his wrestling. Pham may have good BJJ . Johnson's submission defense was being played down by GSP to lure Kos into that fight anyway. Pham's only decent strike is his liver shot and I think Johnson can handle it. I have it as Johnson by decision.
    He should have ended Leeroy and he didnt. Pham will be much harder to stand with.

Leeroy won't going to go down easily to anyone. Most of us have seen his little backyard antics and the smack he got off Johnson (the flying gumshield) would have put most of those other guys out. I have the final as Brookins-Johnson with Brookins winning it. But Watson is so good on the ground nobody can predict his fights. Can't wait for the semi's either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Brookins and Watson will be a great fight. Brookins standup hasnt really been seen yet. Both are good on the ground (Watson was masterful against Wilkinson imho) and the winner of that will probably win the final. In fact, it really should have been the final.

DeV.

DeV,
    I agree with everything you said except the above.
    I was surprised at Watsons lack of G&P, maybe he was concentrating on maintaining position, but he was in danger of being stood up. Against an opponent with better Jiu-Jitsu, he will need to be more aggressive.

dojojoe,
    If Kos isnt half as bad as he is portrayed on the show, that still makes him a very unpleasant person. The worst thing you could say about GSP is that he gave too much information to Kos about Johnson when they were discussing the quarterfinal matchups. Johnsons submission defence is pretty horrendous, he was lucky that he didn't get triangled numerous times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Brookins / Watson is definitely the better fight. Brookins better wrestling, Watson better ground game. Ideal game plan for Brookins is that he keeps it on the feet. I will go for Brookins by UD in a standup fight.

Johnson / Nam. Apart from Wrestling Nam is the better fighter, he is also quicker and has better cardio. Johnson will obviously try to lay and pray but I see Nam getting out a few times and using his strikes more effectively and efficently. I will go for Nam by SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

brookins & johnson for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Nam and Johnson is a tough one to call. Probably they will trade blows until one of them drops.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Johnson is silly if he stands and trades with Pham when he has better wrestling. But like someone said, he has to do more when he gets them on the ground than just lay-n-pray. His GnP wasnt great against Leeroy.

DeV.

Brookins/Pham in the final I reckon, have brookins to win it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Koscheck is so pee'd off with all the jiu jitsu guys choking out his team so he just didn't want him to lose by submission. It's fun to read the thread and everyone has the same opinion of Koscheck even after the unedited video was released about him. The editing is catching you guys out. Kos isn't like that at all he is right to say about Dana catering to GSP. The fight to me wasn't entertaining at all. It was Johnson out striking Caceres and then taking him down when he wanted. Don't like Nam as a person but I think he could take Johnson. Brookins won't be able to use his trademark rear-naked against Watson, I'm sure Watson will be able to negate his Jiu Jitsu but I reckon Brookins will take it.
    People here have to realise Dana is playing the pro wrestling card by using Koscheck as the classic heel and GSP as the babyface. Whereas GSP is being sly and underhand and Koscheck is just having one or two over featured immature moments.
    Great move by GSP bringning Freddy Roach in. That makes John Danahan: Black belts go to him to learn Jiu Jitsu (He thought Joe D'Arce the D'Arce Choke!) . Jean-Charles Skarbowsky: Muay Thai expert, Freddie Roach: Boxing Legend and Greg Jackson: Strategist :pac:

I too would like to see the clip of the guy being knocked out in the house.

So many things wrong with that post. Presumably you realise what you've seen of Nam has been subject to editing aswell right?

seadnamac wrote: »
    So many things wrong with that post. Presumably you realise what you've seen of Nam has been subject to editing aswell right?

I don't draw my opinion of Nam from TUF I've seen multiple reports of his gym and him as a person and they're not positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eyegouger

Yeah, I think it was a disgrace that Sanchez took the asparagus tips!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 eyegouger

And the fact that Leben pissed on Thacker's bed. Absolutely disgraceful!
    Er.. is this the right post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

I don't draw my opinion of Nam from TUF I've seen multiple reports of his gym and him as a person and they're not positive.

Second hand reports? Same principle applies buddy.

• Advertisement

seadnamac wrote: »
    Second hand reports? Same principle applies buddy.

The same principle doesn't apply because the UFC are in it to build some drama in the house and get more people watching while the ordinary reports are just to get their opinions heard. I can see where you're coming from but my original point was Koscheck is being made to look worse than he is in order to build the title match more. I may have made some comparisons but the original point was about Koscheck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I think johnson has the potential to win the whole thing, he has good wrestling and power. Nam looks good too but I'm going with a Johnson v Brookins final and johnson to win it!

guys why the f does wikipedia have brookins versus Johnson in the finale? complete bs or insider information? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Fighter:_Team_GSP_vs._Team_Koscheck_Finale
    Take down now. But someone had Brookins against Johnson for the final, with a reference. As this was filmed ages ago it's conceivable that someone hanging around the set or whatever knew the result

Got a shock when Josh Koscheck appeared in the new Dexter episode.

vlcsnap-2010-11-23-05h02m34s188.png

Check this out.

Great promo video.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Check this out.

Great promo video.
    Love it! Definitly hyping this fight to the last id say!

You know what.... I must have a bad-streak in me but I just thought to myself:

"I hope GSP wins by R.N.C. or even a McKenzetine!"

That would just be awesome!

DeV.

DeV.

That is pure evil! :pac::pac::pac:
    Imagine how pissed Kos would be if he lost by Guillotine or R.N.C I think he'd retire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

DeV.
    i like your thinking but i dont think there would be anything more satisfying than see kos knocked out cold

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Advertisement

Anybody else notice how the male nurse guy has gone, i'm thinking he was in the background, the production team noticed some needle between him and Kos, then they brought him to the front and made him sit with GSP's team at the fight pics.
    He did what they wanted and had a scrap wit Kos, now he's gone again.

Surprised they used Daley in that clip, I seriously doubt he's too happy about it either.

Surprised they used Daley in that clip, I seriously doubt he's too happy about it either.

They've a right to use him in a video about Koscheck. He fought and lost a number 1 contender fight, any hype they're trying to create about Koscheck they're gonna use Daley, his face was more hidden than the others though.
    Anyone any predictions on the wrestling side of things? GSP overwhelm Koscheck with wrestling? Or vice versa?

They've a right to use him in a video about Koscheck. He fought and lost a number 1 contender fight, any hype they're trying to create about Koscheck they're gonna use Daley, his face was more hidden than the others though.
    Anyone any predictions on the wrestling side of things? GSP overwhelm Koscheck with wrestling? Or vice versa?

IMO this is Georgies in whatever way he chooses

Got a shock when Josh Koscheck appeared in the new Dexter episode.

vlcsnap-2010-11-23-05h02m34s188.png

haha brilliant, off topic: but that was a great episode of Dexter :D

That is pure evil! :pac::pac::pac:
    Imagine how pissed Kos would be if he lost by Guillotine or R.N.C I think he'd retire.

imagine he got choked out like his team...carlsberg don't do dreams but if they did.............. :)

I hope GSP would just knock him out like BJ done on Saturday, 21 seconds, wham, bam, thanks you mam!

new episode never aired last night :(

Not on till next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The joys of american tv. They can take a break at anytime. I am guessing that they wanted the semi finals on the same week as the grand finale.

Didnt air because of thanksgiving apparently, 2 hour finale next week!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ESPN arent showing the finale, lame.

Advertisement