Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUF 12: "Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck" Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

But Sky Sports are, Win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

welchy wrote: »
    But Sky Sports are, Win!

Not live like the PPVs though are they?

Just checked the planner, they are!!!

Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

welchy wrote: »
    But Sky Sports are, Win!

Don't be too happy about that

When Setanta went tits up, Zuffa had to go with ESPN as it was a quick deal and they were willing to slot UFC events into there schedule at short notice.

As soon as the contract with ESPN is up expect Zuffa to move over to Sky, and also expect to pay extra for 75% of Main events as they'll put them on Sky Box Office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I will be very upset if that happens.

UFC is the main reason i have ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

mdwexford wrote: »
    Not live like the PPVs though are they?

Just checked the planner, they are!!!

Awesome.

Which sky sports station is showing the final and what time please.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Wouldn't be too mad at the card for the finale.
    Stephan Bonner headlining? Much as I like the guy he's just an exhibitionist/gatekeeper at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Does the next episode include semi-finals + final or have I missed the semi-final episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Which sky sports station is showing the final and what time please.

Sky Sports3 at 2am Sat night/ Sunday morning.
    keane2097 wrote: »
    Does the next episode include semi-finals + final or have I missed the semi-final episode?

Do you mean on Sky? They haven't shown any of the semi's yet, but I see they're showing three episodes in a row before the live show on Saturday, so I assume that that'll be the semi's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I believe they are wrapping up the season with a two hour show tomorrow, followed by the finale this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If Sky are airing the finale live will they be showing the semi-finals before then? Or will it be next Tuesday that the semis get aired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

anyone got a link to this weeks episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

This is absolute crap! I pay for ESPN so that i can watch UFC and they're showing it on Sky Sports which I don't have. Make up your bloody mind - pick one station. I can't afford both :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Predictions for the fights: Brookins SD and Nam UD. There are my predictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jayteecork wrote: »
    Surprised they used Daley in that clip, I seriously doubt he's too happy about it either.
    I'd be more surprised if they didn't use Daley tbh
    He was part of the road to the final, the UFC own the rights to that fight

i still think this is brookin to lose, im gonna go for him and johnston in the final with brookins to win it by sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Just watched the semi finals.Good fights.Looking forward to the final now

Just watched the semi finals.Good fights.Looking forward to the final now

link?

Can we spoiler for a little while by the way people please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

link?

The thread is marked with SPOILERS in the threead title. You shouldn't read a thread before seeing the latest episode. Just for you.
    Michael Johnson is going to get his arse handed to him in the final.

Highnoon wrote: »
    This is absolute crap! I pay for ESPN so that i can watch UFC and they're showing it on Sky Sports which I don't have. Make up your bloody mind - pick one station. I can't afford both :mad:

ESPN don't show latest episodes of The Ultimate Fighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

link?

I watched it here in work on MMA Core.
    Spoiler is already in the title but i wont ruin it anyway, enjoy

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    The thread is marked with SPOILERS in the threead title. You shouldn't read a thread before seeing the latest episode. Just for you.

ESPN don't show latest episodes of The Ultimate Fighter.

I'm here to ask for a link and wondering if people wouldn't mind using spoiler tags for five minutes until I get one.

Don't be a fcuking prick imo.

• Advertisement

Nam and Johnson was a great fight.

I think Brookins will murder Johnson though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'm here to ask for a link and wondering if people wouldn't mind using spoiler tags for five minutes until I get one.

Don't be a fcuking prick imo.

I am being a prick? I spoilered my ****ing post for you. :rolleyes:

Lads, let's keep the bullsh*t out of the thread and use our heads and click the "report post" button instead.

Personal abuse is unacceptable and will see people banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

I could understand when the UFC went to ESPN and Setanta was still showing TUF. I'm sure they got some kind of contract and had to be allowed to finish up. But to then go and give the show to SKY Sports annoys me. I'm not a big fan of the TUF series and haven't been following it online but to me the Finale is something that should be on ESPN. As with Fight Nights and Verses. I heard rumours that SKY are using it (TUF) to put out feelers to work out just how popular this MMA thing is. If it makes sense to them then they'll probably take it from ESPN.
    Grand if this happens I just want to be able to watch all my UFC on one station. Mind you, I'd hope that if/when it goes to Sky I hope they don't give us all the UFC stuff for free but ask you to 'Pay per View' for the numbered shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I was rooting for Nam, he has a good attitude and work ethic and I felt bad for the guy. Good fight though and a close one too. Could of gone either way and Nam did well to get up from the takedowns.
    The Brookins/ Watson fight annoyed me a bit. I wasn't impressed with Watson in any of his fights. He just took people down, controlled them for 10 minutes, did zero damage and grinded out wins. Brookins did impress me, he was quick and excplosive in most of his fights and got some impressive subs. However, in the fight against each other it was like they reversed roles. Watson actually threw a few punches and tried to keep it standing; while Brookins fought like Watson usually fights. It was strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

link?

quality isnt as good as usual but watchable all the same

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/tuf-12-episode-11-video/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Brookins was good, Watson... bad. Where were his supposed JJ skills? He didnt try a submission for the entire fight and looked somewhat lost on the ground...

Johnson was better against Pham than he has been all season. His hands are still ugly but he can certainly take hits! He needs to find a way to finish fights because takedowns are all well and good but they arent an end in themselves.

The carry on in the house was childish nonsense. Little girls screaming ohhh we saw his dick. Wow, big deal. I think it was clear that Kos's coaching is questionable, but he does have a point, those guys only have themselves to blame.

I was rooting for Pham during the season but the possibility of Kos getting a fighter into the finals along with the whole jock-team thing made me feel happy that Johnson took a deserved decision.

Brookins will murder Johnson imho and will go on to be a force in the UFC by the looks of it.

God I hope GSP murders Kos. I am rarely affected by "marketing" but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy that PPV now, I really just want to see him demolished.

DeV.

Think Sako and Wilko and some of the other yellow team are scum after bursting in on Nam like that.

The guys are all away from women for about 2 months, who wouldn't have a **** in the shower?

Bursting in like that was fairly pathetic, just shows what bad, jealous losers they are.

• Advertisement

Stephan Bonner on MMA Live analysed it perfectly.

If Brookins can get this to the ground, he has the better BJJ and possibly submit Johnson. If Johnson can stuff the take downs then has the better striking to win the fight. I think this is going to be a very close fight. I am going Brookins by SD.

Nam / Garcia is going to be a great fight. I think Nam is going to be very dangerous at 145. He has the more polished striking than Garcia but Garcia is easily the toughest fighter in MMA and is a warrior. Nam takes a UD here.

Going for Wilko and Watson in the other fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

i wonder what odds on brookins to win by rear naked choke

I don't think Nam has the striking to beat Garcia. Once Garcia keeps it standing -he has this. Nam fell apart after Johnson opened up on him with Garcia's cardio he can easily keep the pressure on long enough for Nam to fall to pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gary s wrote: »
    i wonder what odds on brookins to win by rear naked choke

brookins by sub is 13/8
    fill yer boots :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

unknown13 wrote: »
    It appears that the final is on ESPN at 2. Thank fúck.

Sky Sports, not ESPN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Anyone know if there is a repeat in the not-too-distant future?

Ive got work tomorrow so dont really want to stay up, normally ESPN have repeats on Sunday's at 10pm but not sure if Sky will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mmaniac

Repeat at 11 tomorrow night on sky sports 3 my man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mmaniac wrote: »
    Repeat at 11 tomorrow night on sky sports 3 my man.

Delighted :)

'Night all, enjoy it. (And come on Brookins!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

nam is the winner id say
    counter puncher snake

digme wrote: »
    nam is the winner id say
    counter puncher snake
    dam wish my IQ was 5 olol

Anyone have a linky?

• Advertisement

Anyone have a linky?

Scratch that, sopcast up and running.

n1

linky plz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I had that 29-28, Nam. No way Garcia won that fight though.

wtf?

Sky and the ****in ad's jaysus

i went out for a few mins, so nam lost? that's insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Sky and the ****in ad's jaysus

Nah, it's not sky, it's the way it's broadcast in the states....... can't handle anymore, gonna watch the story/hendricks & then download tomorrow...

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Sky and the ****in ad's jaysus[/QUOTE

Nah, it's not sky, it's the way it's broadcast in the states....... can't handle anymore, gonna watch the story/hendricks & then download tomorrow...

ditto gonna sky plus the finale tamrw night , cba goin back down stairs to stick it on

• Advertisement
Advertisement