Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scott Addict Sizing

• 16-09-2010 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Have been looking at getting the Planet-x nanolight but have now seen a good deal on a Scott addict. Tis Shimano 105 rather than Rival but it has a well proven frame I believe.

At 6' 1/2" 184cm I am torn between the 56cm and 58cm model and I have never really understood how to compare bike geometry so could anyone assist or let me know how Scott's feel sizewise?

Slane are recommending a 58cm but planet-x recommended their large 55cm and currently I ride a 56...

The Scott geometry seems similar to my current specialized allez which is a 56cm with a good bit of seat post showing (I think its 78cm bracket to seat) and a 110mm stem with all the headset spacers. The fit aint bad but the position of the hoods seems about a touch too far and I spend most of the time in the drops. Looking at the 2 geometries the main diff seems to be the headtube length of 16cm on the addict.

Thanks, once I finally have the new bike I can get back to cycling and stop with all the Qs!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

I'm 5 10 and have a 56 addict, fits me perfect. I'd say slane are right with a 58 if your over 6ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

thanks big mce, do you have the 105 version and how do you find the bike overall, any compaints?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

big mce wrote: »
    I'm 5 10 and have a 56 addict, fits me perfect. I'd say slane are right with a 58 if your over 6ft.

funny, I'm 5 10 and have a 54, but would get a 53 if they made them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭jayjbe

BryanL wrote: »
    funny, I'm 5 10 and have a 54, but would get a 53 if they made them

+1 on the 54. I'm 5'10" and think it's slightly tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

I'm 6ft and have a 56" Addict, that was after being measured by Paul and Co up in Slane, I have the 2008 R4 Compact with Int Seat Post and I love it, really comfortable.

Your welcome to try it if your in the North East, Drogheda area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Thanks, I think I am leaning Towards a 56 so, I guess it's better to err on the side of smaller and add spacers etc.
    Any complaints about the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

Im 5ft 101/2 inches and I have a 56 Scott addict 2008 when I went up to Paul and co in Slane cycles they first checked me out on an adjustable bike .Initially I felt the 56 was too big for me but I now love it.
    Best of luck with your purchase.
    I think 58 would suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I,m just a bit under 5 10 and have a 2008 addict r2 from slanes. Mineas a size 54 and has integrated seatpost. There was at least 2 inches maybe more trimmed from the seatpost when. I was fitted. Bike is top notch and have no complaints with it. The spec iw amazing for the price.
    On the nanolight - I,ve seen them in the flesh however they are not as light as the addict frame and I,ve read some very poor reviews about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Smithzer

No complaints at all, if you decide on the Scott they will measure you above and pick the right size. Let them know your no sure on sizing and they will have both bikes available in the shop to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

I was also looking at this bike and am of similar size to yourself at 6'1". Would you recommend the compact or the 20 speed. I also see that the R3 comes as a triple as well. It seems very good value at that price and the reviews are very good also. The 2010 R2 is 1,000 pounds dearer,is it worth the difference when the main extras are Ultegra components and better mavic wheels?

• Advertisement
Advertisement