Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coal/turf etc

Options
  • 16-09-2010 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

wheres the best place to buy , was totally ripped off last year , would prefer if some one could deliver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

i used to use this guy.. pretty reasonable prices etc. gots a gas fire now so i dont use him any more. he delviers to drog though
    Myles Coal Merchants, Laytown,Louth, (041)9827626

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Question???????
    Is it legal to burn turf in a smokeless zoned urban area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

BNM briquettes are classed as smokeless - don't know how (horrible stuff) but they are.

Most towns have plenty of coal merchants. Check the Yellow pages. I never was ripped off by any. Always about the same prices with each and always got what I paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

King coal outside dunleer are good,cheaper if you collect from the yard,but not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i live in a rural area , i love the smell of turf:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Question???????
    Is it legal to burn turf in a smokeless zoned urban area?
    i live in a rural area , i love the smell of turfrolleyes.gif
    Lucky you:cool:
    Me too,hence the question?

Lucky you:cool:
    Me too,hence the question?

Totally confused. You live in a Rural area so you want to know if it's legal to burn turf in an Urban area? Or (just occured to me) is it that you love the smell of turf and should have taken the rural reference out of the quote?

Totally confused. You live in a Rural area so you want to know if it's legal to burn turf in an Urban area? Or (just occured to me) is it that you love the smell of turf and should have taken the rural reference out of the quote?
    Yeah i even confused myself here;i live in Dundalk urban and would love a nice turf fire but i would be wary that some council enviromental officer could show up at my door,tell me to extinguish it and then recieve a big fine.

:)

Bottom line: Turf is classed as smokeless.

Anyway the ban is on selling it in thenUrban areas not burning it. You can buy outside the town and bring it home. ;)

Advertisement