Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Steau Bucharest Thursday 20:05 [Match Thread]

12346»

Comments

Reading out texts and emails is cringeworthy redface.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

These people that text in to tv3 are absolutely mental...

...agreed, someone just described Phil Babb as a Liverpool Legend....WTF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

These people that text in to tv3 are absolutely mental...

just thinking that. have to be made up, noone says my beloved reds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A game of two halves. I was wondering if Ming the Meireles was ever going to show up, Cole must stay fit and avoid silly cards. He was a bit sloppy in a couple of challanges tonight. Great for Lucas to come on and within a few second make a vital interception and then score a brilliant BOOM-ER of a goal. I think we now know (if we didn't already) that he needs to be given more licence to get forward. Kelly was quietly impressive, much stronger than Johnson in defence and always willing to get get down the line. Agger must start on Sunday.

N'Goal was rubbish apart from scoring two good goals, and thats what he's there for so I won't moan too much. Maxi was in and out, mainly out. His corners are little better than Gerrards. Babel was the usual mixed bag, so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What did I tell y'all, relax. See, it all worked out in the end. :) Some great passing in the second half.

Because our wingers are invariably crap, our play unpredictable and uncreative.

Pacheco might not be the answer to our problems, but until we start giving him a chance for more than 5 minutes at the end of games, we'll never know.

Tonight, in 5 minutes, he showed more than Maxi has in 2 games. His movement for the 4th goal was very good.

Having watched a lot of reserve football the past 3 years - i haven't seen anyone better than him for any of the teams we've played against. Or for Liverpool for that matter. (Until Suso, maybe)

Well hopefully he can make the step up.

He could do with bulking up a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

murpho999 wrote: »
    ...agreed, someone just described Phil Babb as a Liverpool Legend....WTF!

When he wasn't ballsing things up at the back he was going balls first into the post. My arse is he a Liverpool Legend.

more impressed by Ecclestone in the few mo's he was on than Pacheco tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Reading out texts and emails is cringeworthy redface.gif

Last season they were baying for blood after similar performances albeit not as good a scoreline, but this year they're saying they're confident about beating united on Sunday :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    When he wasn't ballsing things up at the back he was going balls first into the post. My arse is he a Liverpool Legend.

Woah...read that sentence wrong the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

So disappointed in Babel tonight.

Maxi needs a spell in the reserves.

I like Meireles already. Short, simple passes, which he seems to be ready to make before he's received the ball himself. That's exactly what we need. I'd have no hesitation in starting him on Sunday. None at all.

Last season they were baying for blood after similar performances albeit not as good a scoreline, but this year they're saying they're confident about beating united on Sunday :confused:

I'd imagine the average age of texters is low teens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

They probably didn't watch the match.

You know, with our wingers playing so poorly at the moment, a Kelly-Johnson axis down the right wing might not be a bad idea. I don't think Johnson will be as effective going forward from there as he is from Right Back, but he'll offer more than Maxi, Babel or Jovanavic.
    We'll also be more solid.

So disappointed in Babel tonight.

Me too.

But not suprised.

He's gone in Jan I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

happy with the result. Lets not kid ourselves it was awful stuff for quite a while.

Im wondering if our training is leaving us fitter in the second half. Seem to spark to life.

Delighted for Lucas. he drives me mad but theres something about him I cant help liking. Hes an honest lad with a lot of heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine the average IQ of texters is low teens

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the major thing with the Pacheco argument, is one that's already been alluded to.

in the cameos he gets, he shows more than either Babel or Maxi do in entire games.

we need creativity out there. we need to see if he can supply it. so he needs to get more than 10 minutes.

What a stupid fúcking interviewer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV3 - why are you watching it? Tree-stumps have more wit and insight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jees...I hate TV3/3E.

Interview by Welch with Hodgson was a disgrace.

Nothing about tonight's match, but Welch criticising Hodgson's start to the season. Roy was not impressed, rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

First half was absolutely dreadful, we were very lucky to be level at half time. The penalty was soft, but were in control 2nd half and deserved the win.

Great goal from Lucas, fair play to Ngog. His general play, passing, control, movement etc is terrible. But give him a sight of goal and he'll score.

Babel, Maxi, Spearing weren't great. Agger, Soky, Koncesky, Kelly did ok. Meireles and Cole looked very good after the break, and Lucas and Pacheco looked lively when they came on.

We have the makings of a strong team coming together, but Hodgson has to do something about the way they can't start playing until the second half. It's become worryingly predictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

murpho999 wrote: »
    Jees...I hate TV3/3E.

Interview by Welch with Hodgson was a disgrace.

Nothing about tonight's match, but Welch criticising Hodgson's start to the season. Roy was not impressed, rightly so.

FIVE is much better if you have sky, why Taylor is stuck on that channel I don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What did I tell y'all, relax. See, it all worked out in the end. :) Some great passing in the second half.

I don't remember you saying that???........................
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Lads y'all going easy on the team. This is the worst performance i have ever seen from a Liverpool team. There is no way we will win tonight. No chance at all. In fact, i think Steaua will win four one. It's time to start panicking.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Reganio 2 wrote: »

post of the day.:D

PMSL;)-cheers.

When he wasn't ballsing things up the back he was going balls first into
    My arse. a Liverpool Legend.

thats how i read it:D

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    TV3 - why are you watching it? Tree-stumps have more wit and insight.

I watched it on 3e simply because id rather look at Kirsteen than have to go through all the menus to get five in other channels. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

An element of luck around all 4 goals, but 4 top quality finishes to take advantage of it.

I hope Meireles has done enough in Roy's eyes to warrant selection on Sunday. But I wouldnt be surprised to see him benched.

Joe Cole is quality. Should link up well with Torres and Gerrard.

Babel spent about 5 seconds on the right wing and hit in a great cross. The rest of the time on the left or drifting was the usual frustration. Still a lot better than Dave, but Dave stuck his two goals away great.

I was actually hoping Dagger and Soto would have been more dominating than they were, to really put pressure on Roy to make changes at CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I thought Agger was bad lastnight. Babel did feck all but run into blind alleys and hit stray passes against their defenders. Joe Cole had a great game along with Spearing. The Rooster, how can you say Babel is better than big Dave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not sure if this was posted but N'Gogs goals last night put him top scoring premier league player for all comps. Pretty good stat for Dave. He'll turn out pretty handy imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Excellent second half performance. Really looked a class apart from the immediate opposition on the night, and possibly the most fluid we've looked all season. Hoping Mereiles starts on Sunday. **** it like - he's going to have to play big games over the course of his contract. Let's get going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Not sure if this was posted but N'Gogs goals last night put him top scoring premier league player for all comps. Pretty good stat for Dave. He'll turn out pretty handy imo.

ROFL, pool fans will rejoice at anything. Europa league qualifying round might explain that stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ROFL, pool fans will rejoice at anything. Europa league qualifying round might explain that stat.

Haters gonna hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

nobody said it means he's the best striker in the PL or anything.

it was merely a stat to support the fact he's been doing well so far.

f*ck sake, some people will jump on anything!

Advertisement