Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tokyo Games Show TGS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Link from Eurogamer.

Lots of new games announced, plenty for the kinect, some sound good (still trying to find a video of the keynote). Main points are:
    - live demo of MGS:Rising, featured the devs cutting up random items, not actual gameplay.
    - new wrestling game using the avatars from Spike, called "Fire-Pro Wrestling"
    - dont even know what to say....Radiant Silvergun coming to 360.....:eek:
    - new Masaya Matsuura game (VibRibbon + PaRappa creator), called "Haunt", is a Kinect FPS haunted house type game, only a short CGI vid shown
    - Grounding Inc making a game called "Project Draco", a dragon flying/combat game using Kinect (EDIT: head dev Yukio Futatsugi made Panzer Dragoon, one of the dragons featured has a striking similarity to the PD dragon)
    - Suda51 making a game called "Codename D", featured weird black and white video of a guy running through a fairground and people with animal masks appearing and then exploding :confused:
    - Prof. Kawashima's Body and Brain Exercises for Kinect
    - new level of Child of Eden shown
    - "Rise of nightmare", from SEGA, Kinect exclusive, apparantly it has "Screaming. Flashes of zombies, people being hacked up, man strapped to a bed."
    - last, but by far not least, new Kinect enabled "Steel Battalion"

Most are due for release for 2011, but got to say, if even half of those are good I will be picking up a Kinect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Wonder wil there be anything big announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From Major Nelson's blog...
    codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed markers of “killer7” and the “NO MORE HEROES” series comes “codename D” from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With “codename D” for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.

Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits “Phantom Dust” and “Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.

Haunt (NanaOn-Sha, Microsoft Game Studios). Gather friends and family to delve deep into a haunted house dripping with mystery — you’ll need every ounce of your wit and cunning if you hope to unravel the veil of rumors that hide its darkest secret. Dodge traps and outwit ghosts, ghouls and frights that lurk with glee around each and every corner. Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in “Haunt,” spooky fun for Kinect for Xbox 360.

Steel Battalion Heavy Armor (Capcom, From Software). This all-new game revives the fan-favorite “Steel Battalion” series. With the support of Microsoft, Capcom and From Software join forces to bring this groundbreaking collaborative project to Xbox 360. Manhattan, 2082: In a world where computers and almost all modern technology have been lost, the greatest nations of the world continue to battle for supremacy. The American army lands in New York to begin its first big offensive of a long ground war. Soldiers fire from the trenches as scorched bunkers belch black smoke. As comrades continually fall to the unrelenting crossfire of bullets, the Vertical Tanks make their relentless advance. Experience the battlefield as never before with Kinect for Xbox 360.

Rise of Nightmares (SEGA). “Rise of Nightmares” offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect horror adventure.

Kinect just got a HELL of a lot more interesting...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

allanb49 wrote: »
    Wonder wil there be anything big announced?

:eek:

Radiant Silvergun is big enough, but actual talented developers behind Kinect games as gizmo has pointed out?

I'm sorry, but **** just got real.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Project Draco looks suspiciously like a panzer dragoon game and Yukio Futatsugi always said he wanted to do another.

Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-Oh in HD? I think I just came.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Another Codename something Game that probaby won't get a release for about 15 months.Project Draco looks kinda interesting but at this moment I haven't a notion of buying Kinect.That Ghost game doesn't make me want to either.If thats meant to be innovating its fair bad I expect a bunch of Casper like rip offs soon.XBLA Games didn't really interest my taste(although I admit some may like them) & using Avatars has killed any enthusiasm for a Fire Pro Wrestling game.One thing thats interesting is Steel Batallion didn't that have a special controller on the Xbox with about 50 buttons & now doing it on Kinect sounds like a monumentally bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I hope steel battalion can be as brilliant as I'm imagining it. Head tracking, looking around the cockpit of your mech, reaching out to grab certain levers and pushing buttons. I always wanted to controll a mech like that.

Plus if it works there'll be some great niche simulator games following the same path.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Merged 2 threads relating to TGS2010.

Advertisement