Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual and Triple Channel DDR3

Options
  • 16-09-2010 10:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Is there a huge difference between the two? What are the pros and cons of each?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

lazlo wrote: »
    anyone know?
    Depends what you're doing. There's no cons to either really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

where do their respective strengths lie? I mainly use my PC for Video/sound Editing and gaming.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Essentially they are the same thing except triple chanel has a higher bandwith due to the extra channel.

If the analogy helps it is the exact same question as asking what is the difference between a two and a three lane motorway :)

Day to day use you would see very little difference, only really in very high performance applications and benchmarks. Below is a informative article as well on i7 and DDR3 configurations which may help.

http://www.techreport.com/articles.x/15967

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

marco_polo wrote: »
    Essentially they are the same thing except triple chanel has a higher bandwith due to the extra channel.

If the analogy helps it is the exact same question as asking what is the difference between a two and a three lane motorway :)
    This. It's just a matter of whether you can make use of, ie need, the extra bandwidth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement