Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there ANY Happy ImagineWimax Customers Here At All?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Are there ANY "Happy" ImagineWimax Customers Here At All?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I have it and I'm in an excellent spot in Ennis. Sometimes I get over the 7 meg (I'm on the 7 meg package) and sometimes I get < 1 meg. I'm unable to get DSL so am a bit limited, if I could get DSL I would in a heartbeat.

My download speed for mobile bb (i.e. vodafone) is actually a lot better so I might consider that if imagine don't get their network sorted in Ennis. The only problem with mobile is the caps :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

omahaid wrote: »
    I have it and I'm in an excellent spot in Ennis. Sometimes I get over the 7 meg (I'm on the 7 meg package) and sometimes I get < 1 meg. I'm unable to get DSL so am a bit limited, if I could get DSL I would in a heartbeat.

My download speed for mobile bb (i.e. vodafone) is actually a lot better so I might consider that if imagine don't get their network sorted in Ennis. The only problem with mobile is the caps :mad:
    >>>>>
    Ennis would count as rural compared to Surburban Dublin
    Vodafone's Mobile BB is the Best Downlaod Speeds but with a 5GB Cap its expensive I wanted to go with Vodafone Unlimited Mobile BB for €24:99 Euro a month BUT People here say they only get 10GB Cap its in Vodafone's Terms & Conditions and VOIP services like Skype are blocked unless you pay another €20;00 Euros

I told Vodafone about my reservations in purchasing their Unlimited Service,
    They point blank denied it was true:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    >>>>>
    Ennis would count as rural compared to Surburban Dublin
    Vodafone's Mobile BB is the Best Downlaod Speeds but with a 5GB Cap its expensive I wanted to go with Vodafone Unlimited Mobile BB for €24:99 Euro a month BUT People here say they only get 10GB Cap its in Vodafone's Terms & Conditions and VOIP services like Skype are blocked unless you pay another €20;00 Euros

I told Vodafone about my reservations in purchasing their Unlimited Service,
    They point blank denied it was true:)
    i am in Rivercourt in Carlow and was told i cant get it without a box on the wall outside but it is just like clearwire so would not like to find my speed throttled in the middle of the month or for the following month or two if i decided to download a movie or two or a linux distro. it is just like mobile broadband, only for very light browsing and checking emails. and afaik they also block voice services unless you pay extra for their phone service.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i am in Rivercourt in Carlow and was told i cant get it without a box on the wall outside but it is just like clearwire so would not like to find my speed throttled in the middle of the month or for the following month or two if i decided to download a movie or two or a linux distro. it is just like mobile broadband, only for very light browsing and checking emails. and afaik they also block voice services unless you pay extra for their phone service.

Do you have any evidence for this? I do not know of anyone that's been capped or had any voip blocked on WiMAX.

daffy_duc wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence for this? I do not know of anyone that's been capped or had any voip blocked on WiMAX.

http://www.imagine.ie/imagine_wimax_acceptance_usage_policy.html
    Excessive Use
    No system has unlimited resources, and we expect you to act responsibly when consuming resources on our system(s). If you consume excessive resources on our system we may suspend your access at any time without prior notice. Some access services are bound by a monthly allocation or download allowance.. You must comply with all current bandwidth, download, and other allocations on the service established by imagine. Use of Network bandwidth is expected to be reasonable and moderate. You must ensure that your activity does not improperly degrade any other user's use of the imagine service, nor represent an unusually large burden on the network. In addition, you must ensure that your activities do not improperly restrict imagine's ability to deliver the service and monitor the service and/or network.

Fair Use Policy – Broadband
    A fair use policy applies to all WiMax Broadband Packages. The WiMax Broadband Service is a shared service and imagine reserves the right to manage the Network to ensure that all users get fair access to the Network. If users make excessive use of their WiMax Broadband Service their service may be restricted or they may be asked to subscribe to an alternative WiMax Broadband Package(s) more suitable to their usage. imagine at it’s sole discretion will define from time to time what constitutes excessive use of the WiMax Service(s) Once Customers exceed this level they will have the option to upgrade their WiMax Broadband Package(s) or their service speed may be restricted by imagine. In the event of the Customer refusing or neglecting to select an alternative WiMax Broadband Package(s), imagine may, upon due notice, terminate the provision of the WiMax Broadband Service to the Customer.

Fair Use Policy – Talk Anytime and Talk Off Peak
    A fair use policy applies to all unlimited calling packs which are intended for normal residential use. If you make excessive use of your unlimited call service your service may be restricted or you may be asked to subscribe to an alternative service package. Imagine, in its sole discretion will define what constitutes excessive use of the service from time to time. imagine may at its absolute discretion withdraw the Talk Anytime or Talk Off Peak facility from any Customer whose use of the service, in the opinion of imagine, either risks degradation of service levels to other customers, puts imagine's Network at risk or where the usage of the Services is inconsistent with normal residential usage or is for purposes that are not reasonably used by residential Customers.

• Advertisement

>>>>>
    Are there ANY Happy ImagineWimax Customers Here At All?

Do you know "The Barracks" in Ennis by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I have wimax and i'm very happy never had any problems at all.

baraca wrote: »
    I have wimax and i'm very happy never had any problems at all.
    >>>>>
    I guess you are somewhere out the country not like me based near Liffey Valley Shopping Centre Dublin 22 Suburban Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

>>>>>
    I guess you are somewhere out the country not like me based near Liffey Valley Shopping Centre Dublin 22 Suburban Dublin?

Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

starting to see a trend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Nearly ANY wireless system is good on masts with very very few active users.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lazybum

i am in dublin 17 and was told by imagine that i was in a good coverage area.i signed up 2 the 7meg package i get 1meg at night then during the day i get 2meg,am not happy with them at all !!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 slocum

I got WIMAX 7MB in Ennis just a couple of weeks ago . It seemed to work OK for about a week but it has been pretty terrible for the past couple of days. Their response on email seems to take several days. Beware their 1890 customer support number . They charge 18 cents per minute . I paid them €1.80 yesterday for 10 minutes listening to their mechanical voice telling me they were rushed off their feet. Seems to me they might have a money spinner going for themselves; provide bad service-slow email support- high waiting times on their customer service line at prices +-5 times higher than Perlico

I've found that pestering them enough on facebook and twitter helps, I've gotten calls *from* tech support due to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I signed up for theis and am awaiting delivery of equipment and switch on.
    Live here in Fermoy about 300 meters from the mast with nothing to block signal... Should I go ahead or cancel before it is too late :confused:

vectra wrote: »
    I signed up for theis and am awaiting delivery of equipment and switch on.
    Live here in Fermoy about 300 meters from the mast with nothing to block signal... Should I go ahead or cancel before it is too late :confused:
    >>>>>>
    You could try them for the 7 days cooling off period before you are into contract for 12 months
    But I have heard stories of Imagine Wimax giving excellent service during the first 7 days cooling off period and then you get a poor intermitent service peak hours service bad off peak service improves etc.

At the end of the day there is an element of luck to getting a decent broadband service in Ireland.
    Did you pay by credit card or direct debit its easier to dispute a poor service with a credit card?

>>>>>>
    You could try them for the 7 days cooling off period before you are into contract for 12 months
    But I have heard stories of Imagine Wimax giving excellent service during the first 7 days cooling off period and then you get a poor intermitent service peak hours service bad off peak service improves etc.

At the end of the day there is an element of luck to getting a decent broadband service in Ireland.
    Did you pay by credit card or direct debit its easier to dispute a poor service with a credit card?

Direct Debit

If I do not get close to the 7 meg they can take me to court:D

slocum wrote: »
    I got WIMAX 7MB in Ennis just a couple of weeks ago . It seemed to work OK for about a week but it has been pretty terrible for the past couple of days.
    this is probably because they are signing more people up to the service and their equipment is being delivered, on the o2 mobile broadband it used to be terrible at the start of every month for at least one monday evening and sometimes into the tuesday and this corresponded with new customers getting their dongles and sim cards in the post at the start of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

We signed up for this(fixed mast)at the end of June as our ripwave will be discontinued in Newbridge. 2 mths later still no sign of it. Can we tell them to go jump with no repercussion?

Getting 9meg download speeds today :D. It's a bit hit and miss though, I'd prefer consistency.

• Advertisement

Getting 9meg download speeds today :D. It's a bit hit and miss though, I'd prefer consistency.

How close are you to their Mast or whatever it is called?

vectra wrote: »
    How close are you to their Mast or whatever it is called?

About 2km as the crow flies

About 2km as the crow flies

Wow,,
    I am only about 300 meters as the crow flies with nothing to block the signal.....I am getting good vibes now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I had it for the trial period, couldnt get any coverage so they took it back in Mid august, rang them to confirm cancellation, was told that was fine and I wouldnt get a bill and recorded it on the system, received bill for €73 at start of September, rang them to complain, told it was a mistake and would be sorted, Sept 20 they took €73 from my account, rang today to complain, was passed between sections, the accounts person told me I was put through to the wrong section after being put there by another staff member:mad:
    Finally, he told me that they would ring me back in a few days as they are so busy. I cancelled my direct debit once I put the phone down, has anyone else encountered such shoddy service from imagine?

indiewindy wrote: »
    I cancelled my direct debit once I put the phone down, has anyone else encountered such shoddy service from imagine?

That is the first step you should take when cancelling something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I was pretty happy with it until last Monday morning, when I was getting sluggish internet at 5am, ran a number of speed tests and got anywhere between .7 to 5.8mb on a 3MB package, relation rang tech support yesterday and they said it was a bridging problem :confused: Ping has been quite poor in most testsm this evening relation changed to other router and got 7.3MB on one test, since then I have no gotten above .8 on a test! :mad:

Not a happy camper at the moment, and hope it can be resolved. If I can get back to where it was before the weekend, it will be fine, much better than my old DSL speed of .22MB - before this weekend, I had pretty good speeds, consistent enough and was basically a dream compared to what we had before, in a household of heavy internet users!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 waywardchild

was thinking of ordering 7mb pack tomorrow but worried after reading this thread. current speed test is 2.55 down 0.18 up should i change?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Happy again, seems to be a small bit of inconsistency with speeds, but back up again now

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

A warning to all. Do not sign up with IMAGINE. Service is terrible. No replies to mails or calls. Currently my speeds are less than dial up (0.03Mb) and I live in Sandyford about a 5 minute drive from their head offices.

• Advertisement

barrmur wrote: »
    A warning to all. Do not sign up with IMAGINE. Service is terrible. No replies to mails or calls. Currently my speeds are less than dial up (0.03Mb) and I live in Sandyford about a 5 minute drive from their head offices.

I had a completely different experience! When we rang about our speeds that I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I'd say we were on about an hour or slightly more, between home phone and mobile (which they rang) to try and sort the speeds, went through setting up a different router to see if it would make a difference to speeds, were very helpful. It was about 8 or 9 at night, and no problem talking to them

Advertisement