Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Santa and chimney balloons

Options
  • 16-09-2010 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

A number of people have expressed an interest in the chimney balloon as advertised in our Online shop but have have highlighted that it may cause an issue for Santa this coming December when he visits your rooftop.
    In keeping with the customer service ethos of ESBCS I have contacted the manufacturers and Santa himself about the matter.
    Here comes the science bit
    The manufacturers have confirmed that each balloon contains in the sealing mechanism a rare element known as rheindinium, which when in the close proximity of an actual rheindeer expands, thus the balloon will deflate when the rheindeer are actually on your roof.
    Santa has confirmed that once he has completed his delivery, he will personally re inflate each balloon, and once the rheindeer depart the rheindinium will contract re sealing your chimney balloon and leaving everything exactly as it was.
    I hope this re assures our customers of all ages
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Fnergg

I note in the product info it mentions that "....the chimney balloon shrivels and deflates".

For many men of a certain age - and I'm sure Santa (and maybe you too, Pat) would concur - this terminology evokes rather unfortunate associations.

Given that the product will appeal more to men than women - who will not want to smudge their dainty little hands by (ahem) shoving it up - might I suggest a revised wording as follows:

"...if accidentally heated the chimney balloon will undergo an immediate reduction reaction and will be completely safe".

I mean, as you know, words mean a lot in marketing and undesirable associations - even if they are on the subliminal level - can have a negative impact not only on the individual product but on the site in which it is featured.

I hasten to add that your humble correspondent is not subject to such associations (NO SIR! NOT ME!) but men like yourself and many others may well be, and it is out of a sense of service to such vulnerable and hurting souls that I make this suggestion.

:)

Regards,

Fnergg

Advertisement