Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lens repair

• 16-09-2010 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if there is a thread open on this already.

Last week I slipped on a beach and landed straight on my camera. the camera survived but the lens did not. Its a Sigma 18-200 OS and now the image vibrates in the viewfinder. I think its the motor for the autofocus as it settles down after a while (sometimes) and makes a horrible noise when trying to focus.

Anyone recomend a good lens repair in dublin? unfortunetely its no longer under warranty?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I think Sigma repairs are down in Cork so anywhere you drop into in Dublin will send it on to them. Check the last entry in the thread below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54546784

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Zerohamster on here does lens repairs. I bought a repaired lens from him on Adverts and I've seen a thread where he's repaired a lens for another boardsie. I'm sure he could help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

thanks lads. Ive PM'd zero hamster and also talked to the guys in camera repair centre, anyone any experience with them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I had to get my Sigma 10-20 repaired. I sent it to Hahnel in Cork. They were very fast & not as expensive as I feared.

See this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

NothingMan wrote: »
    Zerohamster on here does lens repairs. I bought a repaired lens from him on Adverts and I've seen a thread where he's repaired a lens for another boardsie. I'm sure he could help you out.

And he is getting one of mine to fix next week. PM you later Zerohamster

• Advertisement
Advertisement