Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightforce Nomad Ballistic Calculator

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭

Anyone purchased one?

How much did you pay for it?

Where did you get it?(can it be purchased with laser/paypal)

Is it easy to operate/navigate through the applications and controls?

Is it as Durable as the website suggests?

All info appreciated on this NIGHTFORCE calculator
    Regards
    TBW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Was this thing used on Future Weapons ( a guilty pleasure of mine) where they were shooting 2500 yards or something mental like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I would be very interested in this as well, any info much apreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Vegeta wrote: »
    Was this thing used on Future Weapons ( a guilty pleasure of mine) where they were shooting 2500 yards or something mental like that.

I think it was indeed.
    I love that show too.

It would be handy to input a few figures, and get an instruction for adjustment, click click click and whathump

It would have to be hardy otherwise useless in the field, thats why I did not get an ipod as I'd be afraid of losing it in a drain as i have fallen in several over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

the tds nomad on its own is fairly pricey and i presume the software aint free either so it would be working out as expensive if not more expensive than your rifles, i'll leave it up to ye to decide if its worth it but i certainly won't be.
    heres an idea of the price

http://www.fused-mobility.com/tripod-data-systems-nomad-c-30_326_450.html

ormondprop wrote: »
    the tds nomad on its own is fairly pricey and i presume the software aint free either so it would be working out as expensive if not more expensive than your rifles, i'll leave it up to ye to decide if its worth it but i certainly won't be.
    heres an idea of the price

http://www.fused-mobility.com/tripod-data-systems-nomad-c-30_326_450.html

Well Holy jaysus that is pricey! More expensive than my rifles, no wonder I could not find them easily.

Anyone know of a good secondhand one? ;)
    nomad-800xle-windows-mobile-numeric-kepypad-128mb-flash-bluetooth-wifi-wlan-camera-scanner-pi-2294.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Well Holy jaysus that is pricey!

Major +1 on that.:eek:
    Good sweet jumping jehosophat, that's a mad mad mad price!

A good wind meter, plus a range finder, plus some field-observation based on experience, plus one of these extremely lovely lovely "toys" 5.11 Field Ops Watch with Sureshot BC**...

.....and you'd still have some pocket change for a decent second-hand Remmy700:eek:

Love to get one (someday) - Might be a gimmick or a gadget - but boy, what a gadget!:D

**(BTW that particular watch is not a toy - some real shooters:rolleyes:, lets just say "professional marksmen";), actually use them "at work")

dCorbus wrote: »
    Major +1 on that.:eek:
    Good sweet jumping jehosophat, that's a mad mad mad price!

A good wind meter, plus a range finder, plus some field-observation based on experience, plus one of these extremely lovely lovely "toys" http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/All-Products/Accessories/Watches/Field-Ops-Watch-New-Design/D/30100/P/1:100:50000:50800:50803/I/59245.......

.....and you'd still have some pocket change for a decent second-hand Remmy700:eek:

(BTW that particular watch is not a toy - some real shooters:rolleyes:, lets just say "professional marksmen" ;) actually use them "at work").

Love to get one (someday) - Might be a gimmick or a gadget - but boy, what a gadget!:D

I have a Tissot Touch watch that does almost the same as that watch.

The Nightforce is waaaaaaay out of my price range though.
    If the iphone was not so temperamental and sensitive to environmental conditions.
    The concept of a pocket sized ballistics calculator really appeals to me.

Bunny, Range 847yards wind 7mph south westerly, Atmospheric pressure 1008hPa click click twist squeeze whaaaathump

2 grand is a bit saucy though. i'd buy a 12-42NXS for that with change to buy 200 rounds of ammo
    I was thinking my budget would be €100-200

127828.jpg
    I must clean my watch lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I use this. No batteries and never needs winding up. Great for lamping

100154-sundial_watch_never_needs_batteries.jpg

Damn right Clive no good for lamping :D

I don't do much lamping so I think I'll buy that watch.

I can't believe the nightforce calc is sooooooooo expensive.

In Technological terms what it does is fairly simple.
    €250 would be plenty enough for it IMvHO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

clivej wrote: »
    I use this. No batteries and never needs winding up. Great for lamping

Not much use in Ireland so, bloody weather. Suppose better Summer than most though

Yeah that Nightforce hand held thing is crazy in price. It must do something special, super robust or tough or something. Can be driven over by a tank or something

My friend has an iPod and downloaded the Ballistic FTE app, it's good and pretty accurate but then so are some of the free ones online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

[
    QUOTE=Vegeta;68047722]Not much use in Ireland so, bloody weather. Suppose better Summer than most though

Got just the solution.My newest invention.The floodlit sundial!!:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Does anyone have any free ballistic apps for the iPhones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    [

Got just the solution.My newest invention.The floodlit sundial!!:D:D

Dragons den for you...
    Thats a winner for sure;)

patsat wrote: »
    Does anyone have any free ballistic apps for the iPhones?

Or a Free Iphone :D
    I refuse to buy one as the want to hook me up to a data package for extra! (vodafone shower of cnuts)

I'd just use it as a calculator. I have a decent Nokia that has been serving me well but Nokia have no ballistic apps in their apps (ovi) store

This is all you need mate........
    Too easy...

dwighet wrote: »
    This is all you need mate........
    Too easy...

Is that not very old Technology?
    Or does the calc run on very basic software?

I might throw a bid of €39, I don't want to buy a yoke not compatible with my current laptop;assuming you need to transfer info from one to the other (current laptop has bluetooth, and I see PDA also has)

Do you use a set up like that D?

Is that not very old Technology?
    Or does the calc run on very basic software?

I might throw a bid of €39, I don't want to buy a yoke not compatible with my current laptop;assuming you need to transfer info from one to the other (current laptop has bluetooth, and I see PDA also has)

Do you use a set up like that D?
    Here are the requirements needed..

I use a Hp Ipaq...very similar to the one on ebay I posted to ya. Cost me 40 yoyos....on ebay...

That rig on ebay is using windows mobile 2003( second edition) and that will accept the software....

I cant do anymore for ya than buy it myself and deliver it...That aint going to happen..OK

dwighet wrote: »
    Here are the requirements needed..

I use a Hp Ipaq...very similar to the one on ebay I posted to ya. Cost me 40 yoyos....on ebay...

That rig on ebay is using windows mobile 2003( second edition) and that will accept the software....

I cant do anymore for ya than buy it myself and deliver it...That aint going to happen..OK

Cheers for that mate, saved my heaps.
    I'll deffo buy one!

Although you buying it and delivering it would be Great :D:D

Whats the battery life on it?
    My laptop is HP and it is single handidly burning a whole in the Ozone layer.
    I see a Dell one on flea-bay similar money and a few other names I'm not familiar with.

In the field or in the back of the "Sedan" I'd need a yokie that had a good battery life. Can you charge them off the cigarette lighter? I have a USB charer currently that charges a few yokes.

Cheers for that mate, saved my heaps.
    I'll deffo buy one!

Although you buying it and delivering it would be Great :D:D

Whats the battery life on it?
    My laptop is HP and it is single handidly burning a whole in the Ozone layer.
    I see a Dell one on flea-bay similar money and a few other names I'm not familiar with.

In the field or in the back of the "Sedan" I'd need a yokie that had a good battery life. Can you charge them off the cigarette lighter? I have a USB charer currently that charges a few yokes.

battery life is good..you will get all day out of it..mine does..
    It has a function that switches it of if not used for 5 minutes..
    There tough...mine got drownded in the rain last week and never skipped a beat......

Advertisement