Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICS to Wifi problem

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone might be able to help me with my setup. I have a internet connection at home from a vodafone dongle. I share this connection wirelessely out from my main PC in the bedroom. I get good enough coverage on this, good enough for wireless Xbox online gaming and streaming videos. I can't get landline internet at the moment.

Lately i have got sky mobile tv for the iphone and i want to be able to watch this throughout the house. I get wifi coverage in my bedroom no problem. But I want to watch it in the other end of the house in the front room(20 m away and through walls). My PC aint strong enough to provide a strong enough wi-fi signal for me to stream to the front room.

So i was looking at solutions like the wall 'plug in' boosters for providing me with a stronger signal. Would i be right in saying that thet use the electrical wiring in a house as a vehicle to transmitt and increase a wifi signal? My thinking was that i could plug one in in the hallway, halfway between my bedroom and the front room. Some of the ones i was looking at are:

http://www.techchee.com/2007/03/19/n...wi-fi-booster/

http://www.netgear.co.uk/powerline_w..._extenders.php

Some of these need a wired Pc connection and then boost the output wi-fi signal but i am looking for one that accepts a wireless wi-fi signal from my Pc and produces an increased/ boosted wifi signal that my iPhone can pick up?

If anyone has any help or ideas, or maybe different network setups i would be gratefull.

Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement