Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

include the country code = more expensive call???

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

Can somebody settle an argument?

I've included the country codes for all the mobile and landline numbers on my mobile - including here in Ireland.

I've done this so as to avoid needing to change them when I go abroad.

I've got a girl here trying to convince me that dialling an Irish number (when I am in Ireland) with the country code included is more expensive than just using the basic 08? or area code.

I say not.

Who is right?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Delphic

InisMor wrote: »
    Hi,

Can somebody settle an argument?

I've included the country codes for all the mobile and landline numbers on my mobile - including here in Ireland.

I've done this so as to avoid needing to change them when I go abroad.

I've got a girl here trying to convince me that dialling an Irish number (when I am in Ireland) with the country code included is more expensive than just using the basic 08? or area code.

I say not.

Who is right?

Regards

You are. Ring O2 with this question and they'll give you a specific answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Thanks guys.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i had this before with o2 (about 4 years ago at this stage) and at the time they were charging more if you called +4428 for northern landlines than if you called 028! i can only hope they've fixed it by now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

i had this before with o2 (about 4 years ago at this stage) and at the time they were charging more if you called +4428 for northern landlines than if you called 028! i can only hope they've fixed it by now

The regulator actually allowed this, which is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement