Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astrology

Options
  • 16-09-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

hey guys, I posted this in the paranormal section, but was told it might be better placed here.

Someone told me recently, something about the current alignment of the planets, in a certain constellation (or something to that effect), and the effect it would have on people.

I was just wondering where I could go to check this out - if the above makes any sense that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

mangaroosh wrote: »
    hey guys, I posted this in the paranormal section, but was told it might be better placed here.

Someone told me recently, something about the current alignment of the planets, in a certain constellation (or something to that effect), and the effect it would have on people.

I was just wondering where I could go to check this out - if the above makes any sense that is.

Is that the 'cardinal grand cross'? Not too sure how that's affecting people exactly (or what it means), but my sister mentioned it a while back.

Link here: http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/df73e1ec-ecab-45dd-b9cb-1f7f83bc1efa

Maybe the person you know was referring to something completely different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

Is that the 'cardinal grand cross'? Not too sure how that's affecting people exactly (or what it means), but my sister mentioned it a while back.

Link here: http://astronuts.tribe.net/thread/df73e1ec-ecab-45dd-b9cb-1f7f83bc1efa

Maybe the person you know was referring to something completely different though.

they didn't mention the "cardinal grand cross", but what they said, may have been a specific occurence, that was part of that.

I went and asked my sister, who's the 'expert' on this, and she said it might be the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction in Aries that was connected to the Pakistan floods? Like, the planets 'hit' or connected with a major planet in Pakistan's chart (its Moon, I think) and caused disruption because that's what the planet Uranus is about - disruption and chaos. Then the Moon governs the ocean's tides and all that. Cue a native homeland's (Moon = home) people's displacement (Moon meets Uranus) due to huge flooding (Moon/Jupiter/Uranus mix)). Does that make sense? She said this conjunction (the two planets meeting each other) only happens every 14 years.

Some astrologer named Anne Whitaker spoke about the, er, implications of such a thing back in October 2009. http://jupitermeetsuranus.wordpress.com/category/jupiter-conjunct-uranus-a-few-thoughts-on-the-201011-encounter/

I have no idea what any of this stuff actually means myself though. :confused: Sorry.

She forwarded on some email bulletin/newsletter to me she got from an astrologer called Lyn Birkbeck today. More about that Jupiter Uranus thing.
    The Full Moon on Thursday September 23rd is highly significant for at least three reasons:

1. This Full Moon falls on the Autumnal or Fall Equinox, which is when day and night are equal, but thereafter the nights will become longer and longer. This is called a Harvest Moon.
    2. This Full Moon is conjoined to the Jupiter-Uranus Conjunction.
    3. This Full Moon is in dynamic tension (a Square in astrological language) to Pluto.

This is a complex and powerful planetary set-up. On the face of it will produce tension and conflict, and such may well manifest as problems and disruption in the world, be it politically, militarily, geophysically or personally.

But to approach it from an energetic viewpoint - which means to see life as various forces interplaying - we can ride it as one would a wave. Again this is achieved by understanding what this Full Moon is saying to us, and by attuning ourselves to these energies through symbolic or magical means.

Interpretation: My first impression of this Full Moon is that it is trying to show us the 'score' - both collectively and personally, and more is the point, how the two are totally interconnected. The score is this: How we view life, and therefore how we live it, has reached a critical stage. This means that whatever your view of life is on and around this Full Moon, it will be revealed starkly for what it is. The opportunity then is to take this on board and let go of anything which is getting in our way, hampering our progress, or simply upsetting us - which essentially is anything which is pretending to be something that we want when really we don't!

At the same time, and facilitated by this letting go, we can surrender to what the future has in store for us without it being confused by what we think we want. But if we continue to hang on to all the fear and ego-driven ideas of what we think we want then this Full Moon will kind of set them in concrete! In other words, this Full Moon is giving us the opportunity to see and feel what is really going on. If we let go of the fears and fixations we will be freer than ever - will achieve some kind of breakthrough, even though it may feel like a breakdown at first. But if we stay stuck with the same old stuff, we will be more stuck than ever.

Are we going to set our life trajectory from here on in towards goodwill and freedom and acceptance of differences (within more than without)? Or are we going to set our trajectory towards fear and separation, blame and guilt?

Birkbeck needs to go out and have a good time. Knock back a few drinks maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

a friend of mine is an astrologer,very good, i can send him your email address if u want, hes from america but spends a lot of time in ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement