Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine Street at night ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Raiser wrote: »
    Catch a dose of itchy, scratchy and oozy?

- Not to mention Catherine St. Crabs, like a good sized Terrier I hear...... (From ItsDaCraic)
    Nasty, cant say I have!
    And by saying cant say i have, i mean no, i have not, not Perhaps i did, but i dont want to talk about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

They seem to be particularly visible around the HSE offices on Catherine St. I've heard it being said that the majority of them are Brazilian with some Romanians and other Eastern Europeans. Unfortunately, this kind of activity just further enhances the ghettoisation of the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If a Ghetto gets 'enhanced' is the net result better or worse?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    If a Ghetto gets 'enhanced' is the net result better or worse?

:confused:

It's worth at least 10 million to the local economy. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

grenache wrote: »
    They seem to be particularly visible around the HSE offices on Catherine St.

Wait a minute - Where was the meeting point for the last Limerick Boards Beers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

is Catherine Street the street where Mollys and the sex shop is situated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    is Catherine Street the street where Mollys and the sex shop is situated?

No thats Ellen Street. Catherine street is where the old Molly's used to be though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

How much is the average rate up there? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 limdun

Lads,

Spotted this thread today and thought to myself "surely not!".....Although not a limerick native, I am living here 10 years and had heard the usual doc road stories....so myself and my other half happened to be driving through town about 30 minutes ago when I remembered reading the post this morning, drove down Catherine St (at 9.30pm!) and low and behold, there were two girls very obviously touting for business!....the seedy thing was we spotted a car pull up to one girl and the guy inside was easily 60 years of age.....shudder!!!

Has Limerick really come to this?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

limdun wrote: »
    Lads,

Spotted this thread today and thought to myself "surely not!".....Although not a limerick native, I am living here 10 years and had heard the usual doc road stories....so myself and my other half happened to be driving through town about 30 minutes ago when I remembered reading the post this morning, drove down Catherine St (at 9.30pm!) and low and behold, there were two girls very obviously touting for business!....the seedy thing was we spotted a car pull up to one girl and the guy inside was easily 60 years of age.....shudder!!!

There was always prostitutes on O'Curry street, and a brothel near the Spar on Henry street, every big town in Ireland has prostitutes. It's depressing, but it's even more depressing that it needs to move towards a different street in town for people to even notice it.

• Advertisement

Lads,

Men picking up prostitutes? Surely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

No thats Ellen Street. Catherine street is where the old Molly's used to be though!

oh right, is Catherine Street near the Bus Station?

Lads,

prefer the fella to be 60 rather then the girl!
    Id say it has gone on in every city in the world since caveman decided it would be more fun to bang women then bang rocks.
    They should probably just legalise it, get a bit more tax in!

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    oh right, is Catherine Street near the Bus Station?

Pretty close, be sure and use protection.

Pretty close, be sure and use protection.

Would you recommend fully automatic or semi automatic?

phill106 wrote: »
    Would you recommend fully automatic or semi automatic?

I usually steal their purses while they are asleep, do you just mug them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

lads lads... have some respect, these girls are human beings :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Pfft. Couldn't find any pics on that save limerick page. Wanted to see if I recognized any of cars, prostitutes, pimps, or dogs. :D

Anyone living on Catherine street want to poke their head out the window and take a pic?

lads lads... have some respect, these girls are human beings :(

So are their clients, why the double standard?

Seriously though, I agree, i just dislike the hypocrisy that it took until they were on a different street for people to care.

Seriously though, I agree, i just dislike the hypocrisy that it took until they were on a different street for people to care.

Hmmm yeah. Dock Rd, out of sight, out of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭NoseyMike2010

So does anyone know what the going rate is?? ;)

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Hmmm yeah. Dock Rd, out of sight, out of mind.

So how long has it been going on in this area?
    Was it the dock road before that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deacon

However morally wrong this maybe as well as dangerous for these poor ladies and also against the law. This is a refreshing for the frustrated politians who were only used of Moyrosstitutes with baggy Dunnes Stores
    tracksuit pants and high heels for years. They are very welcome to Limerick,and the oldest profession in the world should be legalised.Could put some people back to work and generate some tourism.

Deacon

Deacon wrote: »
    However morally wrong this maybe as well as dangerous for these poor ladies and also against the law. This is a refreshing for the frustrated politians who were only used of Moyrosstitutes with baggy Dunnes Stores
    tracksuit pants and high heels for years. They are very welcome to Limerick,and the oldest profession in the world should be legalised.Could put some people back to work and generate some tourism.

Deacon

Disagree. . . . Theqe are many other options available to generate tourism than prostitution im sure. Let amsterdam have that glory. Limerick is already known for all the wrong reasons. My opinion anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Well i hear Shannon has a sex/swingers club going these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Lol Shannon my god !:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bigpink wrote: »

If you lived in Shannon you'd need something like that to keep you sane.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

bigpink wrote: »

There's also a gay sauna (or maybe thats it)

• Advertisement

Was in town this evening and passed by catherine street for the laugh.
    Good god...
    Ok only saw one, but she was nasty!
    Looked south american and about 40, and had been towed along the runway by the ugly plane.
    Worse thing was, she got picked up! (Not by me!)
    If this is what prostitution looks like in ireland, Ban it immediately!

To coin a phrase from john joe....
    0/5 spanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement