Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine Street at night ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Not to make light of someone who is reduced to having to work the kerbs for a living, but there used to be one down the dock road who looked like bad version of Jimmy Page with a dress on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭fire_man

i passed tru there tonite,there was one lady there in a short skirt,she looked frozen,you would feel sorry for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

seachto7 wrote: »
    Not to make light of someone who is reduced to having to work the kerbs for a living, but there used to be one down the dock road who looked like bad version of Jimmy Page with a dress on....

I remember her think her nickname was Tina Turner an awful looking thing

• Registered Users Posts: 21 big fellow

This "crowd" turned up for the first time approx 1 month ago.
    From dark they persist in walking in front of cars then back to the path. If you park, they approach the car straight away in an aggressive manner demanding your attention.
    Gardai partol very regularly but seem to be ignored as girls remain insitiu
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

i was told by a taxi driver saturday night that a fellow taxi driver had been caught picking one up to use the services a couple of nights previous to this. guards followed him to the dock rd and both cuffed and arrested.

He then went on to say how this development meant that he himself would not make use of their services anymore, only look. He claimed they're now "too hot". Had no problem discussing this with us, maybe cause it was all lads and went on to say how he strongly believed none of them were trafficked and each were in it of their own free will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

drove down catherine street the other night, as you do. A Thursday evening coming from a meeting and saw a load of girls with miniskirts on and thought, jeez there out tonight. Then something twigged as I saw 3 of them just standing, looking in at me driving by. For a second I thought man you still got it, then realised they'd have to be prozzies. Bit weird though, catherine street? right in the city centre, makes it look a bit rough around the edges. My guess is, is that Catherine street is a dark place. If it was brightened up a bit they'd probably move on to the docks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

padma wrote: »
    drove down catherine street the other night, as you do. A Thursday evening coming from a meeting and saw a load of girls with miniskirts on and thought, jeez there out tonight. Then something twigged as I saw 3 of them just standing, looking in at me driving by. For a second I thought man you still got it, then realised they'd have to be prozzies. Bit weird though, catherine street? right in the city centre, makes it look a bit rough around the edges. My guess is, is that Catherine street is a dark place. If it was brightened up a bit they'd probably move on to the docks.

Makes the City seem a bit destitute, lawless and bleak allright - Which is pretty much in keeping with our expectations and the general standard as set over the past few decades......

Relation?

none at all, padma is a sanskrit word meaning lotus

none at all, padma is a sanskrit word meaning lotus

Lotus is an anagram of O Slut.

Padma is an anagram of Mad Pa - A coincidence........ Patrick?

- Hmmm?

Back on topic, I think the Catherine Street thing is shocking and uncalled for (ahem).

• Advertisement

or da map
    or pam da

and lotus- u lost :P

it's weird alright, though a friend of mine was praising Thailand the other day, the culture the ahh women etc, then he got very angry when he drove down catherine street the other night. Giving out about the prostitutes and stuff. So it was alright in his head to fly to the other side of the world and avail of those services yet not so alright if its outside his own door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There was a debate someplace on boards a while
    back about the legalities of Prostitution since it
    aparently paying for sex is not illegal but advertising for
    paying for sex is????

Never knew there was an entire wiki page on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

How long before Barry Duggan writes this one up?

Who ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Who ?

Local journalist who writes for the Indo, suspected by some of taking at least some inspiration for his stories from boards like these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

it's weird alright, though a friend of mine was praising Thailand the other day, the culture the ahh women etc...

My opinion of that country has gone down since I started reading this book Welcome to Hell: One Man's Fight for Life Inside the Bangkok Hilton

A gripping read though, fairly shocking.

Back on topic, yes I've driven down Catherine Street recently and you can't avoid them. It does seem weird that it's happening so centrally and openly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I really must look out for them! Is a certain part of Catherine st?

gaf1983 wrote: »
    I've driven down Catherine Street recently and you can't avoid them.

Excuses, excuses - Must be costing ya a fortune?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Leroy Lita wrote: »
    Back on topic, yes I've driven down Catherine Street recently and you can't avoid them. It does seem weird that it's happening so centrally and openly.
    Do you You mean you knock them down or give in to them to their charms? :D

Isn't it amazing that Willie O'Dea is not protecting us by not telling us about where these Ladies of the Night are operating. He warns us about the Clancy Strand after they left!!! :eek: We need the free Advertising. :D

well, you know ould Willie does be often walking the streets of Limerick, which I've oft times wondered, now I'm beginning to see the clearer pic of what he is hiding behind the ould tascher.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    I really must look out for them! Is a certain part of Catherine st?
    You should have no problems finding them, since Leroy Lita is having problems avoiding them.
    Leroy Lita wrote: »
    Back on topic, yes I've driven down Catherine Street recently and you can't avoid them.

Garda presence stepped up and the "obvious " girls in the knee high boots and tiny skirts are hassled off the street immedietly now. The older more discreet girls seem to be left alone.
    Local paper looking at streaming footage of clients picking up the girls on their website. Car Regs and faces clearly visible!
    Location is old trustee savings bank opposite hotel.

are they gone? bigfellow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Crap better change the car so :D

big fellow wrote: »
    Garda presence stepped up and the "obvious " girls in the knee high boots and tiny skirts are hassled off the street immedietly now. The older more discreet girls seem to be left alone.
    Local paper looking at streaming footage of clients picking up the girls on their website. Car Regs and faces clearly visible!
    Location is old trustee savings bank opposite hotel.
    I presume it the Limerick Post you are talking about, since they have followed the story in Court.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/2354-prostitute-fined-for-operating-in-city.html
    are they gone? bigfellow?
    They probably spending fives days in prison!! You still got to auld ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

She was fined 200 euro. Bet she felt that...Not..
    Id say they make more then that in an hour wouldn't they?

Last night was very active, every time the girls set up on the corner, the Gardai arrived. Gardai were clearly chasing them around the area and preventing any "business" being done. 3 different girls attempted to set up - but had no chance.
    One of the girls who passed me looked 16 at most with knee high leather boots, surely the HSE should have a look and maybe take her into care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Saw two Gardai there last night interviewing one of the Girls while the other stopped kerb crawling cars. Girls eventually just sauntered down near Pery Hotel. Gardai left.

There isn't much the Gardai can do other than harass them and their customers. It's not illegal to hang around a street corner dressed provocatively.

A civilian with a camera photographing all the customers would soon end the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Skottoman

I've stayed at the Pery's both times I've visited Limerick ('05, '09). Guess I never saw any of this.... Maybe next time...
    Cheers,
    Skottoman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

It's not illegal to hang around a street corner dressed provocatively.

Thank goodness :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement