Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Challenging or no?

• 16-09-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever skirmished with nothing but a pistol? Would be interested in trying it out for my first skirmish. Something clean and simple about it. Obviously bring enough magazines and what not. But who's done it and how succesful were they.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

It's good fun on a small site if everyone else is restricted to pistols as well but if other players have AEGs (even on semi) you will be destroyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I often switch to pistol at LAC at the CQB area which is actually pretty open.
    Normally when I see a gap and I need to leg it, drop the M4 (carefully of course) and run like a demon to cover and nearly all of the time the opposing team don't see me...take out or two of them with the pistol :)
    Great crack and really gets the adrenaline flowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

422nd wrote: »
    Anyone ever skirmished with nothing but a pistol? Would be interested in trying it out for my first skirmish. Something clean and simple about it. Obviously bring enough magazines and what not. But who's done it and how succesful were they.

You will lose on range and accuracy over a rifle. And you won't be able to lay down the weight of fire. Expect to get shot a lot. But if you can get close to your opponents then the better manouverability will pay off. It feels very satisfying too.

In Hellfire in Bray I stormed the castle and took out 4 guys with just my pistol. One of my favourite "f**k yeah" airsoft moments. I did have to close with an AEG first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mauclerc

I skirmished with a HFC Cougar only for a few weeks, since both my AEGs were (and still are) down. Most of the time I managed to sneak behind the opposite team (we were playing in the woods), but the accuracy of the gun being quite poor, I never took anyone out (only time I could, I was like 3 meters behind him but he saw me first). It's a lot of fun, but the closer you need to be, the harder it becomes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

In your first skirmish you'll get absolutely slaughtered if you try it and probably won't have much fun. Leave it until you learn the ropes and get a feel for how the game works. It's certainly a fun challenge when you're skilled at the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

Done it last night in The Office Block, good laugh and even dropped the gun and went running around getting knife kills. If you good with a pistol you can be very flexible and fast. try it out but make sure you have a few magazines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

i done it up in oakridge before,TM glock 17 with 3 mags,it was fun and i took 3 ppl out with it.
    you make a target for others tho as they know you haveant got the ROF and accuracy.and the noise gives you away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

we have pistol games up at oakridge which are great craic :D

there's also a pistol versus rifle game in the valley where the players with pistols set up in ambush and there's been a few times the pistol only side has won, the best kills are the pistol kills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

422nd wrote: »

Yes, skirmished with just an MK23 socom. Very successfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It's good fun on a small site if everyone else is restricted to pistols as well but if other players have AEGs (even on semi) you will be destroyed!

Pff, play Fingal man. In heavy foliage GBBs own. Ask the lads who's sides I riddled a few weeks back. Even SMGs are awkward in tunnels. Only real issue is when they try area denial with a box mag and a lipo, you gotta hit the dirt hard then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Yup, Fingal is great for pistols. I love assaulting the killhouse with a pistol. Never gets old. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Real men use revolvers;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

done it in redbarn and the office. it makes life VERY interesting and forces you to think a lot more about cover and concealment. you have to choose routes that have short fire lines to keep the advantage but it's well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

sliabh wrote: »
    You will lose on range and accuracy over a rifle. And you won't be able to lay down the weight of fire. Expect to get shot a lot. But if you can get close to your opponents then the better manouverability will pay off. It feels very satisfying too.

In Hellfire in Bray I stormed the castle and took out 4 guys with just my pistol. One of my favorite "f**k yeah" airsoft moments. I did have to close with an AEG first though.
    Not always. Some pistols are far more accurate, and can be comparable with range, especially the TM line of gbb pistols. Weight of fire? Well learn to fire and maneuver, and to work to your weapon.

Yes, its not an assault rifle, so realize that, and change tactics. the same tactics WILL result in getting shot a lot. If you switch your game style, its entirely possible to be successful. It just takes a lot of skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Used to have to go pistol only a lot in the warehouse cause me flipping p90 mags kept s**ting themselves :rolleyes: was good fun, totally different play style required, fast and free, light and lucky :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

I've found this site to be incredibly useful for learning the techniques, personally it's helped me improve a huge amount(ignore all the team stuff)

http://www.caelyntek.com/airsoft/articles/POR/PORmain.htm

Advertisement