Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan/Credit Card/OD for unemployed?

Options
  • 16-09-2010 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Heya, just wondering is there any bank that does an overdraft/loan/credit card that they'll accept unployed people to apply for?

I'm unemployed, with a €600 per month income, pay €200 a month rent and that's it. Other €400 per month is there to pay for bus tickets when I'm looking for work, and whatever else I need.

I'm trying to find a bank that'd let me set up a credit card, loan or overdraft account for about €600, and pay back 50-80 per month. Basically I need the 600 to get some stuff fixed around the house that can't wait for me to save up. AIB said they don't give loans or credit cards to unemployed people. Is there anywhere that does? It's not like I would miss payments, and am happy to sign a contract and even pay weekly.

Anyone know any bank or credit union that I could do this with? I can't really wait around until I've saved, or til I'm a member for 6 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The Credit Union would be your best bet but you'd have to save with them for a period of time. Call to your local credit union and talk to them i'd say

Advertisement