Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiMax in Kerry

Options
  • 16-09-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Has anyone on here any experience with imagine WiMax in Kerry, [or even better Tralee] ?

If so any advice or comments on speed and service ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

+ 1 ... i'm looking for feedback on people's experiences also.
    thanks.
    kingdumb wrote: »
    Has anyone on here any experience with imagine WiMax in Kerry, [or even better Tralee] ?

If so any advice or comments on speed and service ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I was working in Killarney yesterday and saw a good few of their pickups around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

+1 me too
    Id like to hear how people got on with this. Does it cure you of singing that annoying jingle all the time

all together now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dmeehan wrote: »
    ... Does it cure you of singing that annoying jingle all the time

all together now

haha I got one of the rep's passing through Kildare to sing this for me on Monday, sound man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 atomohawk

there must be somebody in the tralee area to give some feedback on the service as the rep said they had a huge uptake on their service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

As nobody could advise on this* I decided to give this a go for a week to see what it was like. Happy out with it so far, went with the internets only ie no phone.

The only thing that is worrying me now is that it will slow as people are added to the network.

One feature that the don't seem to advertise as a feature is that it is wireless and you get a voip phone connection with a local number, so if you head to Dublin or anywhere else that has wimax service you can use the internet and answer you [066] phone as if you were at home !

I also tried vodaphone and 3 mobile dongle, both rubbish.

*I think the reason that nobody had any advice is that they only seem to have switched on the network 2 or so weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

Just saw this, sorry!
    If you've not signed up DON'T !!!
    Imagine are the same company as Irish Broadband. I live in Tralee & had their wireless service. I paid a year up front in advance, got charged every month in the meantime, got charged double and triple install/deinstall fees, had to go to financial regulator etc etc etc it went on for months....NEVER owed them money EVER and yet they still screwed up my account over and over.
    The service itself was ok (at best), customer service is BRUTALLY BAD!!
    They NEVER return your call, its 'open ticket; closed ticket/issue resolved' in your email but nothing is ever done by this company!!!
    Look at all the online info for the company under the Irish Broadband name and you'll see just how bad the experiences of many of their customers are!!!
    The reason why no-one has posted is either (a)nothing good to say= say nothing or (b)fear of repercussions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Go to the Midband forum and you'll see a load of people complaining about it. You'd be better off going with Permanet in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Danae1

siblers wrote: »
    You'd be better off going with Permanet in all honesty.
    I know of some people around Ballyduff etc that swear by them alright. Personally I find Smart Broadband pretty good, sometimes neighbours b.band interferes with it a bit....still damn site better than Imagine/ Irish Broadband any day of the week! LOL

Advertisement