Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction in millenium park dublin 15

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just drove by the park today and noticed that diggers were moving and piling dirt beside the skate park in blanchardstown.

Does any body know what they are building ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

probably a new asylum seeker camp judging by the ammount of Romany's that hanfg around! but on a serious note why do all the Romany congregate for no apparent reason in the carpark. one day i was walking my dog up there and all of a sudden there were about 30 of them out of nowhere. i felt a little intimidated!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

I would have no issue with them being there but they leave the place looking like a bomb went off. I could easily see them being intimidating too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

probably a new asylum seeker camp judging by the ammount of Romany's that hanfg around! but on a serious note why do all the Romany congregate for no apparent reason in the carpark. one day i was walking my dog up there and all of a sudden there were about 30 of them out of nowhere. i felt a little intimidated!

All the men and the older boys hang out there together and talk, while the kids play in the playground and the older girls watch them and the women sit on the grass with the buggys in a ring and the blankets on the ground with the infants on them.

They are using the park as a place to meet and talk as a community, like a meeting/village square. If you don't bother them they won't bother you.

Oh and they are not asslym seeker but members of the EU who have travelled here.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Not sure about the playground but the green by our house used to be a meeting place for the Roma's. A few summers ago they would be there every day. in the evening's there would be music floating over the hedge. Quite nice actually. Didn't bother me .

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

They're building an all-weather soccer pitch, or so I've heard :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭endurodave

cheers for the reply there was me wishing for a bmx track :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Folks, this is a thread about the construction in the park, not about the Roma community in the area. Please stay on-topic. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

endurodave wrote: »
    cheers for the reply there was me wishing for a bmx track :pac:

I would have liked some public tennis courts, out door table tennis tables and some communal bbqs..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

An adult playground would have been good. I dont mean big swings etc but outdoor crosstrainers etc.

The ones in Maynooth and Malahide Castle for adults are pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I heard that they are planning exactly that along the walkway through the woods. Be cool if it happens.

It would be nice if they build the rest of the path so it was possible to walk/run a circuit of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

be nice if we got a duck pond up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I see that the council actually cut the grass. its nice to be able to play a game of footy with my son before we go into the playground.

But i have to hand it to them, it was a nice eco concious way to get away with saving money on man hours and fuel.:confused:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i think to put an all weather pitch will be mad!!! ye its a good idea but its not like youll have to book it t play youl have people turning up at randoms times when people are in the middle of playing etc !! i say there will be saps hanging around on it just siiten there like they do in the skate park!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

and this better not get wrecked like the skate park

Advertisement