Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2011 Demo

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I have to say, I've only played 2 games so far and I am very impressed..

It certainly does feel a lot more realistic in a lot of ways.. passing is brilliant and now I am very much excited for pro evo to retain the crown again, not that it ever lost it :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    I have to say, I've only played 2 games so far and I am very impressed..

It certainly does feel a lot more realistic in a lot of ways.. passing is brilliant and now I am very much excited for pro evo to retain the crown again, not that it ever lost it :p

We are risking this becoming a fifa vs Pes argument but I have to agree with you. Was over in a mates in Bristol for a weeked and brought over pes because he said he was starting to like Fifa, his house mate is a fifa head and owes the PS3. It took 4 games to turn them around, I dont know why people went on so much about fifa 10 found it incredibly slow and just not fun. Pes is faster slicker and just fun and with a ps3 you can dl all the official names and kits, no competition. I am really looking for to nexts months release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

this'll be the first year in a long time i wont be buying a soccer game. i thought the pes demo was a joke. horrible graphics and the ball physics and animations seem crazy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

this'll be the first year in a long time i wont be buying a soccer game. i thought the pes demo was a joke. horrible graphics and the ball physics and animations seem crazy to me.

Hopefully the release code will be better, re graphics etc...
    There were quite a few jaggies to be found on screen and the player models are a step back from last years PES.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The "story" is that they had to reduce the graphics to reduce the file size its at 1.6ish gb's now.

I was frustrated by it at first but once i pushed up the attacking style it got a lot better. Attackers actually made runs forward! Co-op was a lot better but the passing is mental you could be pressing right and trying to pass to a open player and he will send it up the pitch to an opponent. I am guessing if i mess with the controls ill be able to get more control over it.

But if it doesnt work online its all worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

The last footie game i bought was Fifa 09 on the PS3, after being a Pro-Evo fan for a number of years. But after playing both PES 2011 and Fifa 11 demos, i'm kinda leaning back towards PES 2011. Yes the graphics are a bid jaggedy at times, but very rarely and it's only the demo after all. But the gameplay seems more realisitc than Fifa 11.

It's hard to judge which is overall the better just on the demo. Maybe PES seems better as you can play for 10 minutes, whereas on the Fifa demo, it's only 3 minutes i think. Also, i like having proper team names, kits, etc so my mind is still not fully made up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The "story" is that they had to reduce the graphics to reduce the file size its at 1.6ish gb's now.

It's a different story every year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seems ok, I D/L it yesterday and played it a few times, im not going make to many judgements until I can play the finished thing when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It's a different story every year though.

Not really, its never looked bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

noodler wrote: »
    Not really, its never looked bad.

I'm not referring to how it looks.

Last year and the year before was the "it's old code, that's why it poor" which then lead to a poor final game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

ive played about 10 games now. At first i wan not too impressed. Now i really like it. I'm making great passes that i couldnt do before. I am finding it difficult to make runs tho, any tips?

I was playing as Barca, Byern were leading by a goal for most of the match. I had a corner in the last minute of stoppage time. It was cleared to the D on the outside of the box, only for Victor Valdes to have a crack, a deflected shot into the bottom corner :) unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Sounds class... Must agree, players are as reluctant as ever to make natural runs, quite frustrating, sure there isn't a button/combination which causes players to make runs?

I hope online is good, it seems they've kept quiet about that which doesn't assure me of improvements/quality, hopefully.

Shooting though is very tough and takes some time getting use to, especially long rangers.

Advertisement