Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canon 350d- can't find software to upload photos.

• 16-09-2010 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have a Canon 350D. I'm trying to upload photos to my laptop. My laptop had virus last week and i now need to download software to upload photos. I've moved house since we got camera and i can't find the disk that came with the camera. When i try download the software from canon website i can't find an operating system to work.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Can you not just remove the card from the camera and connect it to the computer via a card reader or a card slot. There shouldn't be a need for camera specific software.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Aya as above you shouldn't need the specific software to upload. I assume you're connecting the camera to the USB wire.

If you go to Tesco's for example they will do card readers for very little amount. I think I paid €2 for a multi card reader. Technika brand but it still works :D Then you just plug the usb wire in and it reads it as a storage device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nvjcjc

I don't have either a card reader or a slot for a card on my computer. I have uploaded photos from other canon cameras and olympus cameras on the computer before the virus but i just thought maybe they were using the software i had from the olympus.
    Thanks though, i might have to invest in card reader but was hoping to get it sorted today coz there is special offer on Photobox ending at midnight tonight so i wanted to get some photos printed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I have a 300D and the software that came with it is zoombrowser.

Google zoombrowser ex, it's free as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nvjcjc

I downloaded Zoombrowser but it doesn't seem to be running. Is there a certain website to download it from? I tried uploading photos on my sisters laptop and it's not working either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Does the camera not show up in "my computer" as another drive ?? Go into menu on camera , go to last tab on right and scroll down to Communication and set to PC connection

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Buy a cheapo CF card reader (€10) on fleabay. Simplest way to transfer your shots from the card to the computer - much quicker than USB cable to camera.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I thought all cameras were compatible with microsofts image importing wizard. Any camera should just connect to the computer and offer pics for transfer but I have had issues with that particular "wizard" before...

I use the 400D without any Canon software for example.

DeV.

Advertisement