Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 mini Firmware upgrade

Options
  • 16-09-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I recently bought an n97 mini second hand, and when i check the firmware it says it's running Software Version 11.0.045 and underneath it says Custom version 11.0.045.C01.01. Would it be ok to update to v12 in the Ovi Suite or would there be a problem with the custom firmware? Is there a better, newer firmware than the official nokia one? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That isn't a custom version you have its standard V11 that came with it. You can update to V12 no problem, either OTA or via the pc. Shouldnt be any problems, if you do, let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

As usual Davy you know your Nokias! I just updated there, don't notice any major differences though! I'm not sure if I'm allowed ask this, but is there a way to install unsigned apps on the n97 similar to how it's done on the n95 after a hack or do I have to flash it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can sign applications using this website:>https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page/public/openSignedOnline.do

Takes about 2 minutes to upload, and they email you the link to download the signed version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Thanks Davy, I'll give that a try.

Advertisement