Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - "Line not suitible"

• 16-09-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭

Rang eircom to order broadband and they told me my line was not suitable for broadband. :(

I asked is there anyway I could get it upgraded or fixed so that it is suitable and all I got was a 'No'.

The line is in an estate in Castlebar that was only built a few years ago, its fairly near to the town centre too.

Anybody else have this problem? Is there anyway of fixing it?

I can't get WiMax and UPC aren't in the area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Do any neighbours have DSL? Maybe enquire more about why it's not suitable (though, they're under no obligation to tell you). Is it line length, no copper capacity, a pair gain, or just poor line quality?

If your neighbours have DSL and the line is too poor quality, you could try disconnecting any internal phone wiring (and waiting at least a month for eircom to run a "pre qual' test again). An old fax, or a poorly wired extension socket could cause the test to fail. Again finding out the reason for the failure would help.

If you're neighbours can't get DSL either, it could be because your new(ish) estate was connected to a sub-exchange that doesn't support DSL (has happened a few new estates a few years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Thanks for the reply cgarvey. Will take the on board.

Anybody got any other ideas? Just in case.

Advertisement